Author Topic: New Marlins Stadium - stupid? Or the stupidest?  (Read 6327 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Saw the stadium from the road to the airport yesterday (395 or whatever it turns into).  It is an amazing exterior.  It is massive due to its height and footprint, not to mention the roof structure.  It is the type of architecture you just don't see in the northeast corridor.  It is white, and with the rounding and the angles up  to the roof, it looks art deco influenced, but it also looks quite carribean.  It is a wondeful "notice me" building from the exterior.  It is not an eyesore even though it towers over the adjacent blocks

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Picturing it towering over the front yard parking lots in Little Havana.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
That display is as full of tasteful understatement as everything else in south Florida.  Miami is after all the place that spawned the car undercarriage and license plate frame pink and blue neon lights.
Okay - where the h*ll are the pink flamingoes? I mean South Florida -Got to have pink flamingoes  in the display - right?              :mg:   

Offline madj55

Besides the home run statue in CF I actually really like the new stadium.

Offline Kevrock

!

Offline hammondsnats

just demolish the stadium

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
The real question is if Carp will complain about the new stadium as he did the old one?

Offline UMDNats

Offline nats2playoffs

!
The Nationals and every other team should pay a huge bonus to the first player who hits a home run that hits one of those moving marlins on that monstrosity. DOUBLE the bonus if it breaks it!

:pimp: :$$$:

Offline DPMOmaha

lefty hitter vs. a righty pitcher, will that be in the line of sight?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
The point is to see it after a HR.  How far behind the fence is it?  If its as far as Werth's car; either Jayson or Brice has something to shoot for!

Offline hammondsnats

there's so much to dislike about the marlins:

new stadium
new logo/colors
dominance over nats
MDS
logan morrison
cody ross when he played there
the likes of stanton and johnson pwning nats
the likes of random AAAA bums coming up and and pwning nats
austin kearns
carlos zambrano
the fact their logo looks like marathon logo or another gas station logo
their 5 fans (including MDS)

Offline Kevrock

lol @ MDS.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
:smh:

And I thought we were bros...

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
The Nationals and every other team should pay a huge bonus to the first player who hits a home run that hits one of those moving marlins on that monstrosity. DOUBLE the bonus if if breaks it!

:pimp: :$$$:

That'll get Davey suspended for the whole season

Offline madj55

The Marlin hate is strong, i actually don't mind them. Only NL East teams I can't stand are the Mets and the Phillies :shrug:

Offline Obed_Marsh

The Marlin hate is strong, i actually don't mind them. Only NL East teams I can't stand are the Mets and the Phillies :shrug:

I don't see eitiher swarming the stadium and they seem a bit too distant for a legitmate rivalary. I reserve my hosillity for the Phillies and Mets.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
The real question is if Carp will complain about the new stadium as he did the old one?

Tell me again about the foul ground in new stadiums, Bob.

Actually speaking of dimensions, this park looks cavernous.  But I guess the Miami air could make it play smaller.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Squish the Fish!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Instead of this peyote vision from hell, there should be a giant statue of a blood-spattered Colombian hombre with blow on his upper lip who revs a chainsaw after home runs.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Are they channeling their inner Rosie Perez?  They look like twinks in training.