Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417261 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #125: February 01, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »
Hey Everybody,
I'm 20 years old and growing up I was a big Orioles fan...
We promise not to hold that against you.  ;)  Welcome to the Nats Forum.

Offline arlington

« Reply #126: February 01, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »
Hello, everyone.  I grew up in Arlington and have lived in the DC area my entire life.  I saw my first Senators games -- double header against the Yankees -- in 1964, so I love RFK Stadium.  After 30-odd years of no baseball here, I was amazed at how excited I was anticipating the Nationals first game in April 2005.  I've been hooked ever since (although I did stop going to games between May 2006 and the Grand Re-Opening, because I felt it was criminal the way MLB had set the franchise up to fail). 

I'm really looking forward to this season, not because the Nats will be very good, but because I don't have any fears that they'll be leaving, and that means that we can watch the franchise grow and eventually reap the benefits.  And besides, you can't beat fun at the old ball park. 

I probably wont post much, but I'm going to try to read the boards every day. 

MoochieDC_86

« Reply #127: February 01, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »
We promise not to hold that against you.  ;)  Welcome to the Nats Forum.
Thnx. You know Angelos is a real *^%$%%$.....use your imagination.  Right now my statement for the year is Jerome Williams is the _________.  Look for him to be the best pitcher in our staff.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #128: February 01, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »
Hello, everyone.  I grew up in Arlington and have lived in the DC area my entire life.
Hey there Arlington...I grew up on the Arlington side of Alexandria in Braddock Heights (not far from Glebe Road).  Enjoy your stay here! 

Offline arlington

« Reply #129: February 01, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »
Thanks, Senators.  I'm not quite old enough to remember the Senators teams that played at Griffith Stadium, but I remember an old Roy Sievers baseball card one of my brothers had.  Not the same year as your avatar.  I think it had his picture looking like it was in a television set of the day. 

Offline Dave B

« Reply #130: February 01, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »
I've been hooked ever since (although I did stop going to games between May 2006 and the Grand Re-Opening, because I felt it was criminal the way MLB had set the franchise up to fail). 

I wish I had the will power to do that

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #131: February 02, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »

nats10

« Reply #132: February 05, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »
Nats fan for 2 years, from new york, former yankees fan (I learned), 16 years old, and glad to be a board

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #133: February 05, 2007, 05:31:42 PM »
Glad you're here Nats10.  As long as your not a Mets fan...we got love for ya here.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #134: February 05, 2007, 06:00:52 PM »
Not to be derogatory in any way, but we seem to have a lot of one-post wonders.  By that I mean people who join that seem to be great posters just introduce themselves, post a few, than disappear into oblivion.  It would be great to see a few of these guys and girls stick around!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #135: February 05, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »
Nats fan for 2 years, from new york, former yankees fan (I learned), 16 years old, and glad to be a board

Disclamer: Nats10 is in no way to be confused with Nats19  ;)

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #136: February 06, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »
Not to be derogatory in any way, but we seem to have a lot of one-post wonders.  By that I mean people who join that seem to be great posters just introduce themselves, post a few, than disappear into oblivion.  It would be great to see a few of these guys and girls stick around!
Some of us are reading the boards EVERY DAY but just don't have too much to chime in about. 

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #137: February 06, 2007, 03:29:26 PM »

aboard to all newcomers!!

While I'm here, a little reminder to the posting veterans, that often times a discussion forum is also a place where fans go to read up on the goings on in and around their favorite team, as well to view different opinions and ideas posted by other members. There's no rule stating they have to post messages to keep their membership, but posting is encouraged, because it adds new idea and ways of seeing things to the discussions going on in the different threads and sections. The best way to get occasional forum readers to post, is to maintain a friendly atmosphere (something I sometimes allow myself to stray from) and make the idea of posting messages fun and have them look forward to getting replies.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #138: February 07, 2007, 11:00:39 AM »
PS....Since the Expos moved to DC I've also become interested in learning/researching whatever I can on the old Washington Senators, and especially the legendary Walter Johnson (my avatar)... if anyone can help with any links etc?

Ever read this book: 

Walter Johnson: Baseball's Big Train
by Henry W. Thomas, Shirley Povich (Foreword by)
  Paperback - REPRINT
ISBN: 0803294336
Pub. Date: June 1998
Customer Rating:

Its by Walter Johnson's grandson!  Let me know if you want an autographed copy, I can get you one but it may take me a while.  I see Henry Thomas or Hank as I call him at Memoribilia shows here in the DC area.  I'm not sure how much he's selling them for but I can check!

Let me know!

PS.  That's autographed by the author, not Walter Johnson.   

Flare

« Reply #139: February 11, 2007, 12:54:21 AM »
Hey, everyone.

I'm a 17 year-old fan from Fredericksburg, Virginia. I basically waited my whole life for baseball to come back to D.C., and I've been following the Nats since they moved here. I've also been lurking on these boards for a while and never really got around to posting. But hey, better late than never.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #140: February 11, 2007, 01:14:32 AM »
Welcome Flare...glad you're here.  Are you a male or female member?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #141: February 11, 2007, 12:23:32 PM »
Welcome aboard Flare, good to have you here among us...

Flare

« Reply #142: February 11, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
Welcome Flare...glad you're here.  Are you a male or female member?

I'm a guy. I guess I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the welcome.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #143: February 11, 2007, 08:08:36 PM »
Not a problem...was just curious because we have a good amount of females on board here and they provide a great and unique perspective.  Hope you enjoy your stay - don't be a stranger!   :)

AuRevoirExpos

« Reply #144: February 13, 2007, 11:06:46 AM »

aboard to all newcomers!!

While I'm here, a little reminder to the posting veterans, that often times a discussion forum is also a place where fans go to read up on the goings on in and around their favorite team, as well to view different opinions and ideas posted by other members. There's no rule stating they have to post messages to keep their membership, but posting is encouraged, because it adds new idea and ways of seeing things to the discussions going on in the different threads and sections. The best way to get occasional forum readers to post, is to maintain a friendly atmosphere (something I sometimes allow myself to stray from) and make the idea of posting messages fun and have them look forward to getting replies.

I actually think that is a very valid point. I spend way more time reading through posts on this forum (and the various Nats/Senators blogs we see links to) than I do actually contributing myself. There's a wealth of baseballing knowledge on here which I could never possibly aspire to even though I was an Expos fan since the late '70s, so to me it's a wholly educational process. And I only ever post when I feel I have something I really need to say - it's always better to say nothing and be merely suspected of being ignorant, than to open your big mouth at the wrong time and remove all doubt!!

Welcome all you new guys anyway!

PS. A question for Chief - as a matter of interest, I swear there used to be your 'location' and 'board joined date' clearly visible next to your avatar on the forum, but this isn't there anymore. Just wondering why not?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #145: February 13, 2007, 08:12:56 PM »
A question for Chief - as a matter of interest, I swear there used to be your 'location' and 'board joined date' clearly visible next to your avatar on the forum, but this isn't there anymore. Just wondering why not?

You can always add your location to the comment under your avatar: as I did.

alecman

« Reply #146: February 19, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
Hello i am alec and i currently am attending the U of Vermont, Lived in vermont my whole life, i like the Red Sox and the nationals. When i saw the expos cuase they are an hour and a half away, i loved them, and i continue to support the nationals!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #147: February 19, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »
Hello i am alec and i currently am attending the U of Vermont, Lived in vermont my whole life, i like the Red Sox and the nationals. When i saw the expos cuase they are an hour and a half away, i loved them, and i continue to support the nationals!
Hey there Alec...do you get out to LakeMonster games?  Our gameday moderator is out from your way.  Welcome to the Forum!   8)

alecman

« Reply #148: February 19, 2007, 08:43:15 PM »
Yes, i do go to the lake monster games every once in a while, too bad they stink, but its nice to have a minor league team right near us. The only great player i know from their organazation is Jason Bay,but as the Nats improve their farm league, so the Lake Monsters will do better!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #149: February 19, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »
Yes, i do go to the lake monster games every once in a while, too bad they stink, but its nice to have a minor league team right near us. The only great player i know from their organazation is Jason Bay,but as the Nats improve their farm league, so the Lake Monsters will do better!
Well glad to have you a part of our group here.