Author Topic: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?  (Read 10538 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Reply #75: November 01, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »
Sorry Tom but I'm going to disagree with you here. A "simple" TRIGGER* could have avoided this whole situation but it looks like the Nats aren't using a true accounting system for their season ticket sales and are doing something dumb like using Excel. If they were using a ticket sales system a simple UPDATE once the Nats were eliminated would have set off the TRIGGER and issued the refund.  It sound like the workflow the Nats ticketing office is using is labor intensive and fractured.  Not surprising given the ineptitude of the Nats, but pathetic regardless.

* "Simple" TRIGGER here implies setting an event in the accounting system (I.e.. SAP) and would require setting up and testing the business rules once to make sure things work correctly and linking the charge accounts once. No need for reps to do calculations or multiple credits and debits on customer accounts.

I think you misunderstand my point.  My point is forget Excel, it isn't going to help you hear beyond a bit role in verifying calcs.

Of course they must have a system for doing this.  I don't know what they use, you probably don't either.  We know they are inexperienced at this, but the Orioles front office managed to get refunds out and we know that they don't have anybody still alive from when they last made the playoffs, that is.    :crackup:

One thing we can both agree on, their systems are superb at bringing cash in, but not so good at paying it back out again.