Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 121861 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
They could have probably have gotten Bourn for what they traded to get Gio.  Passing on Reyes was idiotic.  That they are probably banking on Harper being a stud out of the gate, no one getting injured, and whatever subpar platoon/AAAA CFer speaks to the cluelessness of this team.

Reyes would have been good with a trade of Desmond for Upton plus more prospects. That is a good proposition. I think the caveat is that he wanted to go to Florida.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Reyes would have been good with a trade of Desmond for Upton plus more prospects. That is a good proposition. I think the caveat is that he wanted to go to Florida.

Why do that when you can part with some shekels and sign him? 

Offline PANatsFan

Why do that when you can part with some shekels and sign him? 

What? I want both players.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

What? I want both players.

And you got neither.  Congratulations.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Fine but what have they done this offseason to improve the 24th offense?

We don't need no stinking offense!

They have a badass rotation and a good bullpen. Where do you want them to invest the money? Overpaid bench players?

Offline PANatsFan

And you got neither.  Congratulations.

Desmond for Upton is still a possibility.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

No it's not.  Desmond is here for the long haul.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Plus there was a report that the Rays had no use or interest in Desmond.

Offline PANatsFan

Who would?

I'm excited to focus on the season and for all the nagfighting to stop, because people like Linty usually have smart things to say and are much less snippy.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Had they signed Fielder the apologists would've been clamoring for the death of LAC as they would've cited this as clear evidence to support their opinion yet their failing to raise payroll significantly for years is not enough evidence to sanction the opposing faction.

The Nats payroll without any other moves will be roughly $75 million this year. That is before any future extensions for Zimmerman, Strasburg, Espinosa, Zimmermann, Ramos, and anyone else who needs extending over time. The Nats are on the path to easily cracking the $100 mil mark if they stand pat the next few seasons.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back

thats cause Desmond sucks.

and the fact that he is being handed SS on a platter with no competition speaks volumes to the incompetence and stubbornness of our FO.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The Nats payroll without any other moves will be roughly $75 million this year. That is before any future extensions for Zimmerman, Strasburg, Espinosa, Zimmermann, Ramos, and anyone else who needs extending over time. The Nats are on the path to easily cracking the $100 mil mark if they stand pat the next few seasons.

And at best they'll be the third best team in the NL East.  Pathetic.

Offline spidernat

Who would?

Yet you posted....

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Nats are on the path to easily cracking the $100 mil mark if they stand pat the next few seasons.

Yeah but by then the average payroll will be in the $130 range, but hey, let's give the team credit for the likelihood of spending money at some undefined point in the future.

Offline hammondsnats

They wanted him and Detwiler and Nats said no thanks for some reason.

Offline JMW IV

and when there is a player that can put them over the top into serious competitiveness and allow them to run with the big boys for the world series, they will refuse because they won't want to pay premium money for premium players.

Cheap.

Hammonds, Spider, where's my LAC secret ID card, and where do you keep the booze?

Offline PANatsFan

and when there is a player that can put them over the top into series competitiveness and allow them to run with the big boys for the world series, they will refuse because they won't want to pay premium money for premium players.

Cheap.

Hopefully Harper or a trade deadline piece

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

Never has been.  Espi for Upton? Expect it. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

That's not a recipe for disappointment.

:hang: :hang: :hang:

Offline spidernat

:lmao:

Hammonds, Spider, where's my LAC secret ID card, and where do you keep the booze?

Only things you need to know around LoD headquarters are that Berkeley is in charge of the strippers, cmd is in charge of the booze and try not to kill SF (and if you see Linty in the process of plotting to eliminate SF intervene). We just need Vega to add you to the posse. :lol:

Offline JMW IV

Nobody on this forum will like me, if they trade Espi and keep Desmond.

Chief will have to ban me for a few days.

Offline hammondsnats

Only things you need to know around LoD headquarters are that Berkeley is in charge of the strippers, cmd is in charge of the booze and try not to kill SF (and if you see Linty in the process of plotting to eliminate SF intervene). We just need Vega to add you to the posse. :lol:

We throw the sickest parties with the hottest women.

Welcome brother.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
So you would be totally comfortable with committing 22.8 mil per year to a 33-36 year old Prince Fielder?  Go back and look at what happened to his dad in his early thirties.  Same body type and his dad actually was a BETTER power hitter in his prime.

Uh, no.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
:lmao:

And I'm home brewing the beer - and it's dark and cold and bitter.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
As long as it's cold!