Author Topic: Arizona Fall League - 2010 (updated "It's Harper Time")  (Read 18098 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Harper so far 2/3, HR, 1B, K,  batting .308 so far.

Offline hammondsnats

bryce harper invented baseball.  true story.

Offline imref

3/5, HR, 2B, 1B, 2RBIs, 2Ks

Offline bglide

• banned
Guy is a monster.  I don't see anyway he won't destroy the minors and be up here next year at some point. 

Offline thepointe01

First post on this site, nice to see some avid and rational Nats fans, I have a lot of hope for Harper, but I think we'll get a better idea of how close or quick he gets to the Majors next year in the Minors.  REally like hearlng that he seems ancy on the bench and wants to play.  He talks a big game, so he needs to back it up.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Welcome.  don't forget to post a little bit about yourself in our new members thread.  We are just as irrational about certain things as other message boards, but we try not to overdose on vinegar and sour pickles (except if Dunn isn't signed). 

Offline NatsDad14

Harper's OPS is 1.000

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

Offline Potomac Cannons

Norris' OPS is 1.294 and Norris has actually drawn a walk.

Offline Rizzone

Norris' OPS is 1.294 and Norris has actually drawn a walk.
Don't need to draw a walk when you are smashing the ball like Harper as Ichiro has proven.

As long as Norris can play passable defense, he can have a Brian McCann-like impact.

Offline PANatsFan

Don't need to draw a walk when you are smashing the ball like Harper as Ichiro has proven.

As long as Norris can play passable defense, he can have a Brian McCann-like impact.

Don't let him get LASIK!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Apparently McCann's eyes were fine the whole time. He was taking in too much caffeine and it messed up his eyes.

He cut back this year and he's seeing much better.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/06/18/mccann-vision-has-improved-since-he-cut-out-caffeine/

How terrible would it have been if he got all those eyes procedures done for nothing... when all along, he just had to cut out the soda and coffee?

Offline PANatsFan

Apparently McCann's eyes were fine the whole time. He was taking in too much caffeine and it messed up his eyes.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/06/18/mccann-vision-has-improved-since-he-cut-out-caffeine/

How terrible would it have been if he got all those eyes procedures done for nothing... when all along, he just had to cut out the soda and coffee?

Damn, I should take that advice. I actually do feel better now that I stopped drinking all those damn Diet Rockstars.

Offline NatsDad14

I have horrific eyesight. I hope that cutting out Soda would make me better (I don't drink coffee).

Offline bglide

• banned

McCann sucks and is a fat body.  Worst defensive catcher in the majors. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Lombardozzi getting some love from Carson Cistulli at Fangraphs.  Of course, some would say being likened to Nick Punto isn't much love, but Punot had decent AA stats.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/szymborskis-mles-five-notable-double-a-batters/
Name: Steve Lombardozzi, 22, 2B
Organization: Washington Level: Double-A
Actual: 118 PA, .295/.373/.524 (.306 BABIP), .396 wOBA
zMLE: 118 PA, .259/.328/.426 (.291 BABIP), .333 wOBA
Notes
• Is noted, in BA’s preseason Prospect Handbook, for being “hard-nosed.”
• Is predicted, in same text, to become “a sparkplug in the Nick Punto mold.”
• Nick Punto, age-21 season (1999), at High-A: 478 PA, .305/.404/.388 (.353 BABIP).
• Lombardozzi at High-A this season: 507 PA, .293/.370/.405 (.336 BABIP).
• That’s pretty similar, although I’m guessing Lombardozzi hits a home run more than once every 189 ABs as a major leaguer.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Burgess and Kimball selected to the Rising Stars game for the AFL.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/11/michael_burgess_cole_kimball_i.html

Surprised Norris and Peacock didn't get nods, both have been outstanding.

Hell, Norris leads the AFL in OPS, Peacock leads all RP's in K's.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Burgess and Kimball selected to the Rising Stars game for the AFL.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/11/michael_burgess_cole_kimball_i.html

Surprised Norris and Peacock didn't get nods, both have been outstanding.

Hell, Norris leads the AFL in OPS, Peacock leads all RP's in K's.

I don't get Burgess at all.  He's been okay but not great.  Norris, Peacock and Kimball all deserved a look.  Norris should have been the first name added.

Offline Sharp

I don't think Rising Stars is really predicated on what you've done in the AFL.

Offline Potomac Cannons

I don't think Rising Stars is really predicated on what you've done in the AFL.

Even so, Norris was rated in the 30s on a few top 100 prospect lists last year.  No reason why he wouldn't make the cut that way as well.

Offline bglide

• banned
Burgess hits .244 with 0 homers and goes to an AS game?  Huh?

Offline Sharp

Even so, Norris was rated in the 30s on a few top 100 prospect lists last year.  No reason why he wouldn't make the cut that way as well.
He didn't have the great year a lot of people were expecting him to have (except in terms of OBP).  Hopefully now that he's recovered he will continue to mash the ball.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Lombardozzi with a leadoff single tonight.  Norris with a 9 pitch walk in the 2nd.  The boys are off to another good start.

Lombardozzi with a triple in the 3rd. 

And Norris with a 7 pitch walk in the 4th.

Offline imref

Bunt single for Harper tonight, 1-2, K, R

Offline Sharp

Ouch... Bryce just gave up a triple.  Is it just me or are there an awful lot of triples in the AFL?

It's okay though, he makes up for it with a clutch walk.  DAT OBP.

....Aaaaand out at home in a completely bizarre double play.  Anyone want to take a shot at interpreting this?
Caleb Joseph singles on a fly ball to center fielder Logan Schafer.  Caleb Joseph to 2nd.  Double play, center fielder Logan Schafer to shortstop Cale Iorg to catcher Salvador Perez.  Ryan Adams out at home.  Bryce Harper out at home.  Caleb Joseph to 2nd on the throw.  Two out.
On another note, Solis has consistently failed to impress so far...

Kimball manages to get three outs while allowing just a leadoff single even though he throws as many balls (9) as strikes.