Author Topic: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 11195 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #200: August 14, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »
Pffffttt = stinker

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #201: August 14, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »
Why they took out Stammen. Is BEYOND my comprehension!   I would think he'd be a long reliever.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #202: August 14, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
eh, i hope not. better players are necessary, we all know that.

just found it interesting that when  olsen was pitching you say "lerner spend money" but you don't say it when marquis is pitching. kinda funny.

so what they FINALLY spent money ... just on one player.  that doesn't mean they should throw a parade and say: "hey i'm top 100 richest man in america with a bottom payroll in MLB ... but i spent money on one player, stop the press and my job is over"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #203: August 14, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Why they took out Stammen. Is BEYOND my comprehension!   I would think he'd be a long reliever.

good point.  they should've kept stammen in tonight ... batista really let the game slip away.  marquis was the one to blame tonight though.

defense played well.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #204: August 14, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »
Riggleman seemed awfully cautious about Marquis making another appearance in the post game conference.   

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #205: August 14, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
How about Slaten pitching two scoreless? With as much crap as that guy got on this board just for getting picked up on waivers, he is the man :clap:

spidernat is a moron

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #206: August 14, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »

spidernat is a moron

:lmao:  Dude, for all the crap we go back and forth on, and you frustrate the crap out me sometimes, I don't dislike you. I think you can be funny as hell sometimes. The difference is that you take yourself too seriously.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #207: August 14, 2010, 10:17:23 PM »
it's so annoying watching Marquis struggle when we have so many who could at least get through 5 or 6 with a sub-5.00 ERA (Stammen, Martis, Chico, and even Batista).  Put Marquis in the pen or send him back to Syracuse until he straightens himself out.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #208: August 14, 2010, 10:35:37 PM »
Not a very good night at the ball park, doesn't sound like it looked any better from your seats.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #209: August 14, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »
Not a good outing tonight.

Marquis will have to pick up the next two starts to make up for it.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #210: August 14, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
anyone else enjoy Dibble's breakdown of Ian Kennedy's knuckle curve and change up during the 4th inning (or somewhere around that)? 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #211: August 14, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »
good point.  they should've kept stammen in tonight ... batista really let the game slip away.  marquis was the one to blame tonight though.

defense played well.

In post game interview Stammen said he thought he could pitch longer but with the pitcher's position coming up to bat, Riggs wanted to get a hitter in there.  I don't know what went on with Batista.   He was so good subbing for Strasburg.   WHAT HAPPENED?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #212: August 14, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
In post game interview Stammen said he thought he could pitch longer but with the pitcher's position coming up to bat, Riggs wanted to get a hitter in there.  I don't know what went on with Batista.   He was so good subbing for Strasburg.   WHAT HAPPENED?

Uhh... I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but I'll go on the basis it isn't. It's called overuse? He pitched 20 pitches last Sunday, then 28 pitches last Tuesday, then he came back out the next day on Wednesday and pitched 69!!! pitches, 4.1 innings pitched. Guys pitch over a hundred pitches, they are called starters and get five days off. Not expected to come back out with two days rest... Batista should have not pitched again until tomorrow at the very earliest. Using him tonight was just insane, stupid, and the outcome I could have predicted on Wednesday night if he was used this early. He pitched far more than a starter, in pitches, this past week, and that was through pitching 3 out of 4 days. Riggleman hasn't learned **** since Kerry Wood, as Clippard earlier this season, and now Batista clearly show.