Author Topic: You can just feel it. This is where.....  (Read 8818 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: You can just feel it. This is where.....
« Reply #225: May 27, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »
congratulations, you are the greatest fan in the history of fans.

:rofl:

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #226: May 27, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »

yep, that's pretty much typically of what happens on this bored

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #227: May 27, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
yep, that's pretty much typically of what happens on the internet

Fixed.  That sort of back-and-forth is not intrinsic to WNFF, as Obed would say ;)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #228: May 27, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »
Fixed.  That sort of back-and-forth is not intrinsic to WNFF, as Obed would say ;)

Good point, I stand corrected

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #229: May 27, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
You know, it was not my intent to make myself sound like a superior fan or anything like that, I'm just tired of seeing the constant "woe is me", "let's do something for the sake of doing something" attitude that has become so prevalent.
I've been a life long Redskins fan and have watched Dan Snyder spend all the money in the world for what? A splash in free agency that has gotten exactly nothing. So after 15 years or however long it's been they finally realize that the way to win is through the draft and smart fa acquisitions. In my opinion, thus far the Nats are doing it the right way, through the draft and not throwing ungodly amounts of money at every somewhat talent fa that comes down the pike. Throwing Rizzo under the bus isn't the answer and you can't blame Riggs for injuries. I don't want to see the Nats fall into the same hole as the Skins.

All that being said, apologies to those who were in any way offended or irritated by my rant. I did not mean to suggest that others were somehow inferior in there fandom than myself. So with that, I say "Good Day".

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #230: May 27, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »
I'm just tired of seeing the constant "woe is me", "let's do something for the sake of doing something" attitude that has become so prevalent.

It's all good hoss, I think there's just a lot of frustration with this season looking like "more of the same ol' same ol'" instead of a year of transition to respectability.  It's hard not to get cynical with this team given their past.

I don't want to see the Nats fall into the same hole as the Skins.

I'm a pretty hardcore (Fore)Skins hater but even I, black heart and all, am starting to feel sorry for their fans.  I think the odds of the Lerners taking that Nats in that direction are about nil.  Little Danny Snyder is an idiot that thinks he can run the show and buy his victories whereas the Lerners are content to service their debt, pretend to care about baseball in the District and blindly let others try to make the decisions for them.  I could be wrong but I just don't see the Lerners having the drive or desire to do what it takes to build a winner here.

You can't blame Riggleman for the injuries (though Kerry Wood might disagree) but you can blame Rizzo for assembling this roster together without any backups and for trying to sell us a turd as a trumpet. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #231: May 27, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
It's all good hoss, I think there's just a lot of frustration with this season looking like "more of the same ol' same ol'" instead of a year of transition to respectability.  It's hard not to get cynical with this team given their past.

I'm a pretty hardcore (Fore)Skins hater but even I, black heart and all, am starting to feel sorry for their fans.  I think the odds of the Lerners taking that Nats in that direction are about nil.  Little Danny Snyder is an idiot that thinks he can run the show and buy his victories whereas the Lerners are content to service their debt, pretend to care about baseball in the District and blindly let others try to make the decisions for them.  I could be wrong but I just don't see the Lerners having the drive or desire to do what it takes to build a winner here.

You can't blame Riggleman for the injuries (though Kerry Wood might disagree) but you can blame Rizzo for assembling this roster together without any backups and for trying to sell us a turd as a trumpet.

Another reason to support music in the public schools.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #232: May 27, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »
In my opinion, thus far the Nats are doing it the right way,

And the record reflects it.  :?

All that being said, apologies to those who were in any way offended or irritated by my rant. I did not mean to suggest that others were somehow inferior in there fandom than myself. So with that, I say "Good Day".

I guess you haven't been around long enough to know this but (as MarquisDeSade said, it's all good) we go through these battles with each other every season when the Nats begin their annual plummet in the standings. When all is said and done, we will wash, rinse and repeat. You're a Redskins fans as well so you should be used to the routine.  :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #233: May 27, 2011, 05:40:08 PM »
...and during Riggs conversation with Werth, I'm sure Riggleman said...

"Jayson, you can tune a trumpet, but you can't tune a turd."

...for trying to sell us a turd as a trumpet.  

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #234: May 27, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »
Hahahaha.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #235: May 27, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »
And the record reflects it.  :?

I guess you haven't been around long enough to know this but (as MarquisDeSade said, it's all good) we go through these battles with each other every season when the Nats begin their annual plummet in the standings. When all is said and done, we will wash, rinse and repeat. You're a Redskins fans as well so you should be used to the routine.  :lol:

The farm system is in much better shape now than it was just a few short years ago. It still has a long ways to go, but we were in a hole of epic proportions. Now were just in a hole. Hopefully we'll find so big time bats in the draft after we take Bauer.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #236: May 29, 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
bump

If you can't feel it now then you are either a Lerner shill or just refuse to embrace reality.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #237: May 29, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
The farm system is in much better shape now than it was just a few short years ago. It still has a long ways to go, but we were in a hole of epic proportions. Now were just in a hole. Hopefully we'll find so big time bats in the draft after we take Bauer.

Simply not true.  Better?  Maybe, but only marginally as evidenced by the lack of help currently available.  There was no "hole of epic proportions" that couldn't have been overcome by now.  The Royals, Jays, Marlins, Rockiies, D-backs, Mets all made the post-season within 7-8 years of coming into existence and in the case of the Mets and Royals, largely without the benefit of free agency.  This organization is still bottom of the barrel year after year without even approaching .500.  The idea that MLB is still responsible is laughable.

Offline NeedaNewNick

« Reply #238: May 29, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »
The ranks of the kool-aid drinkers keep thinning out, and there is no savior who can fix this dysfunctional disaster, only hope will arrive when the Lerners sell

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #239: May 29, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
The ranks of the kool-aid drinkers keep thinning out, and there is no savior who can fix this dysfunctional disaster, only hope will arrive when the Lerners sell

Or once I move...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #240: May 29, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »
The idea that MLB is still responsible is laughable.

:clap:

Or once I move...

:lol:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #241: May 30, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
Simply not true.  Better?  Maybe, but only marginally as evidenced by the lack of help currently available.  There was no "hole of epic proportions" that couldn't have been overcome by now.  The Royals, Jays, Marlins, Rockiies, D-backs, Mets all made the post-season within 7-8 years of coming into existence and in the case of the Mets and Royals, largely without the benefit of free agency.  This organization is still bottom of the barrel year after year without even approaching .500.  The idea that MLB is still responsible is laughable.

No, it is much better, but the issue lies in the fact that the true talent of our farm system lies in A and AA. You are very correct that we don't have anyone ready to help right now, but with the talent added in the passed couple of drafts, our farm system is much better.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #242: May 30, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
All I can say is... things are never as bad as they seem when things are bad, and the Nats are without their two best players by far.  This was never going to be a year in which we reached .500, it was a "wasted" year as far as the Lerners were concerned.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #243: May 30, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »
No, it is much better, but the issue lies in the fact that the true talent of our farm system lies in A and AA. You are very correct that we don't have anyone ready to help right now, but with the talent added in the passed couple of drafts, our farm system is much better.

the failure rate of prospects in the low minors (including the really good ones) is so high that until they start filtering up to AA (I still don't see that much to get very excited about there) and AAA, there is no reason to really think the team has turned a huge corner

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #244: May 30, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »
Then you and Erica can rock out to those Monsters of the AL West, The Mighty Mighty Mariners

Or once I move...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #245: May 30, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »
YOU CAN JUST FEEL IT...

...heartburn, gas, that burning sensation.

[persons who remember 1960's antacid ads will understand - whether it has anything to do with Nats Park concessions is up to the discretion of the individual reader]

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #246: May 30, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »
the failure rate of prospects in the low minors (including the really good ones) is so high that until they start filtering up to AA (I still don't see that much to get very excited about there) and AAA, there is no reason to really think the team has turned a huge corner

Exactly.  You don't have a good system simply because it's loaded with high draft picks at the lowest levels.  You have a good farm system when you have substantial major league ready talent.  The Nats system doesn't have this, their system is average at best.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #247: May 30, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
Since Gleason2 made this thread the nats have been:

1-8

and were

2-10 three days before.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #248: May 30, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
Since Gleason2 made this thread the nats have been:

1-8

and were

2-10 three days before.
DELETE!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #249: May 30, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »
Then you and Erica can rock out to those Monsters of the AL West, The Mighty Mighty Mariners

Who's Erica?