16 (13.4%)
One of the best in MLB
45 (37.8%)
I'm a moran and I don't like Charlie and Dave
4 (3.4%)
They're just ok
9 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler  (Read 51204 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler
« Reply #175: August 05, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
From the link

haha okay, that's one website.  i know tons of yankees fans that love him.

my point is an indians fan comes on here and says their announcers are better than ours and it's not even close. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #176: August 05, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »
I would rather listen to Charlie & Dave when they're both fighting bad head colds and medded up to the ears...than watch the match on MASN.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #177: August 05, 2012, 11:37:23 AM »
I don't need to read all your posts to know that on this topic, you're trolling. 

You're stating an opinion, not facts, and telling those that disagree with you that "the truth hurts." You're doing nothing but inciting argument. You're trolling.

Trolling?

You surely haven't read any of my other posts have you.

Might want to go check up on that before you label me as a "troll" brilliant.

First of all, this post is about play by play announcers.  Just because I don't see Slowes and Jageler as one of, or the best, doesn't make me a troll.  It's a difference of opinion.  But you see, you're one of those "if you don't like my opinion, you're a troll" kinds of people.

But as mentioned, go through my posts.  Do some research before you label someone brilliant.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #178: August 05, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
I would rather listen to Charlie & Dave when they're both fighting bad head colds and medded up to the ears...than watch the match on MASN.

I prefer the radio too, but Bob Carpenter is actually a really nice guy.  He chatted with a small group of fans for quite a while at the picnic yesterday.  He earned points with me by saying that he has grown to dislike the joint broadcasts when we play the Orioles. :lol:   He really engaged with the fans, talking about Dibble's and Debbie's departures, how hard it is to judge fly balls from the booth (ha!), the new MASN negotiations, etc.  He really is a good guy.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #179: August 05, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
So, what have we accomplished here?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #180: August 05, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »
So, what have we accomplished here?

Agreeing to disagree :)

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #181: August 05, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »
Yes... I'M the idiot.  Sure.  You got me.    :roll: :rofl:

Truth hurts ya sometimes, doesn't it.  Face it, Hamilton is one of the best in MLB, if not the best.  Slowes and Jageler aren't even close.
That guy is horrible, dude.  And I even have spot for Clvelenad b/c both my parents are from there.  He's the same one that does the Cavs, too, right?  I used to LOATHE hearing "Leeebroooohhn" calls in his nasal Cleveland/midwest accent when they'duse him on highlights.

And for the record, Jon Miller was/is the best.  Charlie and Dave are great as well.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #182: August 05, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »
Trolling?

First of all, this post is about play by play announcers.  Just because I don't see Slowes and Jageler as one of, or the best, doesn't make me a troll.  It's a difference of opinion.  But you see, you're one of those "if you don't like my opinion, you're a troll" kinds of people.

"Truth hurts ya sometimes, doesn't it.  Face it, Hamilton is one of the best in MLB, if not the best.  Slowes and Jageler aren't even close."

ummm, sounds like you dont care too much for the opinions of others either.  And really, you're going to come on here and post 10 times on why your announcer is better than ours?  wtf.  who cares, you're not going to convinve ANY of us in the slightest.

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #183: August 05, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
That guy is horrible, dude.  And I even have spot for Clvelenad b/c both my parents are from there.  He's the same one that does the Cavs, too, right?  I used to LOATHE hearing "Leeebroooohhn" calls in his nasal Cleveland/midwest accent when they'duse him on highlights.

And for the record, Jon Miller was/is the best.  Charlie and Dave are great as well.

Wrong.  He is not the one who does the Cavs games.

Tom Hamilton = Indians

Joe Tait = former Cavs announcer.  Now it's John Michael and Jim Chones

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #184: August 05, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »

And Joe Tait is a freaking legend man.

Tom Hamilton talking to Jim Thome

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #185: August 05, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
Just a friendly word of advice...we might want to keep this thread on-topic before it gets locked.  I am liking the back-and-forth, but at this point, it might need to go to the Red Loft section.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #186: August 05, 2012, 12:47:39 PM »
Harper goes back to back.

Thanks for posting these, btw, Nathan.  That was fun.  Harper's gonna touch that triangle there in the third deck someday.

Offline Clever

« Reply #187: August 05, 2012, 12:58:03 PM »
Three morans who don't like them.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #188: August 05, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »
A troll from Cleveland?

How Ironic

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #189: August 05, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »
I strongly doubt Yankees fans will say that the Yankees radio team is the best, since the Yankees radio team ranked dead last for listener satisfaction in the Fangraphs survey. The Indians announcer did score more highly than Charlie and Dave, earning a #4 ranking over C&D's #6, but there were also just 40 Indians listeners who voted, far lower than most other teams.

I need to re-read how they did the rankings based on the score.  Because Charlie and Dave have a higher combined score than the Indians guy (who sounds like Kermit the frog in the beginning of that video)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #190: August 05, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »

Hamilton is one of the best in MLB, if not the best. 

Hamilton is great, no question. 

Slowes and Jageler aren't even close.

Can't agree with this.  Slowes and Jageler are outstanding.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #191: August 05, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »

And "SEE   YOU   LATER"    Doesn't compare to "Swung on and belted, to deep left, a waaaaaaaaaaay back, WAY OUTTA HERE!"

Not sure I understand comparing Hamilton to Bob Carpenter when you are trying to explain why you like Hamilton better than Charlie Slowes/Dave Jageler.   It makes me think you haven't really listened to Charlie and Dave any. 

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #192: August 05, 2012, 06:52:28 PM »
I prefer the radio too, but Bob Carpenter is actually a really nice guy.  He chatted with a small group of fans for quite a while at the picnic yesterday.  He earned points with me by saying that he has grown to dislike the joint broadcasts when we play the Orioles. :lol:   He really engaged with the fans, talking about Dibble's and Debbie's departures, how hard it is to judge fly balls from the booth (ha!), the new MASN negotiations, etc.  He really is a good guy.

Still works for Angelos - remains suspect.

Really looking forward to this long road trip with a week and a half of C&D radio broadcasts - Nats on the road doesn't get any better than that.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #193: August 05, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »
Not sure I understand comparing Hamilton to Bob Carpenter when you are trying to explain why you like Hamilton better than Charlie Slowes/Dave Jageler.   It makes me think you haven't really listened to Charlie and Dave any. 

we have a winner ... tomterp = smart dude

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #194: August 05, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
Charlie & Dave - short of actually being at the ballpark, there is no finer Nats coverage.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #195: August 05, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
Charlie & Dave - short of actually being at the ballpark, there is no finer Nats coverage.

this.  NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #196: August 05, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »

Sounds nice but MASN is not exactly setting the bar high.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #197: August 05, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »
Sounds nice but MASN is not exactly setting the bar high.

A lot of people hammer on MASN, but other than the fact that it's owned by Angelos, it's not that bad.  There are still a handful of teams (the Marlins being one) that don't televise every game.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #198: August 05, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »
A lot of people hammer on MASN, but other than the fact that it's owned by Angelos, it's not that bad.  There are still a handful of teams (the Marlins being one) that don't televise every game.

Me too on this.   I give Carp as much crap as anybody but overall, I like him and FP.    Home broadcasts are pretty good and JH and RK have a good pre/post game shoe  ...   and then they added Kristina.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #199: August 05, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
It isn't great either but being the best (or worst) in a two man race doesn't mean much.