Author Topic: The "Former Nat Watch" Thread (2008)  (Read 64421 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: The "Former Nat Watch" Thread
« Reply #75: May 07, 2008, 03:52:23 PM »
Ryan Church just allowed an inside-the-park home run...

I finally saw the replay, he looked stunned after he hit the wall.  He's never been good with walls.

He did have an HR and double last night though.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #76: May 08, 2008, 12:37:02 AM »
Livo pitched a complete game tonight against the Sox. 9 IP 9 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 3 SO

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #77: May 08, 2008, 01:19:33 AM »
Livo pitched a complete game tonight against the Sox. 9 IP 9 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 3 SO

i was just going to mention that. VINTAGE LIVO. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

the "twinkie eater" turned out to be a pretty good pick up for the twinkies, huh? 

can't believe he openly campaigned to come back and we rejected him. smfh.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #78: May 09, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Wilkerson was acquired by the Blue Jays today. I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get, though, because they also just got Kevin Mench.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #79: May 10, 2008, 03:33:18 PM »
Bill Bray gave up 2 hits and 2 runs without recording an out today for the Reds.

I really thought he was going to be our future closer/set-up man before we traded him.  His stuff was awesome. I don't know what happened to him.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #80: May 10, 2008, 04:10:41 PM »
Nice job by the Royals signing Jose Guillen for $12M per year. He's currently hitting .189. :clap:

Offline blue911

« Reply #81: May 10, 2008, 04:59:59 PM »
Nice job by the Royals signing Jose Guillen for $12M per year. He's currently hitting .189. :clap:

But he's fun to be around  :twisted:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #82: May 12, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Wilkerson was acquired by the Blue Jays today. I'm not sure how much playing time he'll get, though, because they also just got Kevin Mench.

According to ESPN, both are starting due to Vernon Wells' injury.

« Reply #83: May 19, 2008, 05:55:37 PM »
The media continues to love to rub Ryan Church in our faces:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080519&content_id=2730486&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Regardless of what we pretend, he hasn't cooled off yet and boy, we could of used a bat in our line-up like that currently whether he eventually burns out or not.

I've kept relatively silent on the Church issue and I was and am a Church supporter. Good to see he is getting his whacks elsewhere. Sad it just couldn't have been here.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #84: May 19, 2008, 06:04:30 PM »
He wouldn't have played like that here and you know it.  The only question that matters anymore is "why?"

« Reply #85: May 19, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »
He wouldn't have played like that here and you know it.  The only question that matters anymore is "why?"

Maybe, maybe not. But yes, that is the question and it sounds like more of a behind the scene problem with the Washington Nationals than it does a Ryan Church problem. Church certainly isn't the first to leave this franchise and put up better numbers elsewhere. And why do the guys that we have now continue to suck night in and night out?

That is the question. The question that drives us. freak the Matrix, why do players suck in DC?

Offline blue911

« Reply #86: May 19, 2008, 06:30:35 PM »
Church certainly isn't the first to leave this franchise and put up better numbers elsewhere.

Who are all these players?

« Reply #87: May 19, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
Who are all these players?

Church and Schneider are doing more for the Mets in these first two months than they did pretty much the whole time they played for us. Jamie Carroll had a spectacular year for the Rox before disappearing somewhere. Brendan Harris has nearly improved his stats every year since leaving DC. Daryle Ward. Livan Hernandez is still alive somehow. Dare I say Alfonso Soriano?

I'm not saying these guys have all become all-stars, I'm just saying there is noticeable improvements in their game that they certainly weren't getting here.

Offline blue911

« Reply #88: May 19, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
Church and Schneider are doing more for the Mets in these first two months than they did pretty much the whole time they played for us. Jamie Carroll had a spectacular year for the Rox before disappearing somewhere. Brendan Harris has nearly improved his stats every year since leaving DC. Daryle Ward. Livan Hernandez is still alive somehow. Dare I say Alfonso Soriano?

I'm not saying these guys have all become all-stars, I'm just saying there is noticeable improvements in their game that they certainly weren't getting here.

Are you serious? Jamey Carroll? Brendan Harris? Darryl Ward? Soriano is at least a real player but he isn't any better than he was with the Nats. And You hate Livan so shutup your mouth about him.

« Reply #89: May 19, 2008, 06:50:21 PM »
Are you serious? Jamey Carroll? Brendan Harris? Darryl Ward? Soriano is at least a real player but he isn't any better than he was with the Nats. And You hate Livan so shutup your mouth about him.

Sorry to answer your question, Blue911. It will be a mistake I never do again. I forgot that "real baseball players" are measured by the trusted Blue911 Seal of Approval. :roll:

Offline blue911

« Reply #90: May 19, 2008, 06:53:06 PM »
Sorry to answer your question, Blue911. It will be a mistake I never do again. :roll:

Subs and role players aren't a real testimony to improvement. Basically the Nats have always had crap and Church is the first decent player we've traded.

« Reply #91: May 19, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
Subs and role players aren't a real testimony to improvement. Basically the Nats have always had crap and Church is the first decent player we've traded.

Regardless, Church is playing better than any of the half-asses and slouches we have now, including Ryan "The Face" Zimmerman. It's indisputable, no comparison right now. He might slow down, he might not. We have to just wait and see.

But the viable question of "why?" remains.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #92: May 19, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
Church is a 4th outfielder at best.
Can't hit curve balls.
Can't hit lefties.
Can't field.
Can't throw.

Am I leaving anything out?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #93: May 19, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
The young pitcher we traded for Dukes, Glenn Gibson is having a horrific start to the year in Low A ball. He's only 20 though.

G. Gibson (1-6, 6.12 ERA) 42.2 IP 45 H 35 R 29 ER 4 HR 19 BB 27 K

« Reply #94: May 21, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
Darrell Rasner picked up his second straight win with the Yanks in fine fashion tonight. He has a 1.89 ERA.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #95: May 21, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »

Schneider is still crap and getting lucky hits. As of a week ago, no XB hits. NONE! 0! Flores has 7 doubles already!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #96: May 21, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »
Schneider is still crap and getting lucky hits. As of a week ago, no XB hits. NONE! 0! Flores has 7 doubles already!

But that bum got one on us :?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #97: May 22, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »
But that bum got one on us :?

That only counts as half. Now he has .5 XB hits. Silver Slugger award!

« Reply #98: May 24, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »
Brad Wilkerson hit a grand slam in the first inning today to help the Blue Jays beat the KC Royals 6-0. Good for him.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #99: May 24, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
Brad Wilkerson hit a grand slam in the first inning today to help the Blue Jays beat the KC Royals 6-0. Good for him.

:clap: