Author Topic: LAC still lives on (2013 roster targets)  (Read 9518 times)

Offline NationalHeat

Re: LAC still lives on (2013 roster targets)
« Reply #100: October 12, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
I wouldn't say that Detwiler has "ace" stuff. I don't even think Jordan Zimmermann does.

Goodwin is a full year and change away. Meyer is much further. Rendon is the closest to being ready. And he'll still start next season in Double A.

See what we can trade Morse for. I'd like a starting pitcher. Pick up Laroche's option. Sign Upton for a few years. Gives Danny a season to fix the inconsistency. If he can't, and Rendon is ready, bring him up and play him at second.

That sets us up nicely for the future in the next few years. Meyer/Purke can take Detwiler's spot. Rendon can move to first or third. Werth could move to first, giving us an outfield of Upton/Goodwin/Harper.

I think Goodwin and Meyer will be in DC sometime in 2014. I'd definitely bring in another starter or two for next year, but not big money guys on long term deals.

I really don't like Upton. He is terrible offensively, and you can probably get comparable defense much cheaper elsewhere.

I'm sure Rendon is up next year. The team has the pieces in house, and they all fit logically. I wouldn't mess with it.

This is my version of 2013:

CF-Victorino on a two year deal
RF-Werth
3B-Zim
LF-Harper
1B-Morse
SS-Desmond
2B-Espinosa
C-Ramos
P

Then bargain bin it for the 5 spot, maybe a Jeremy Guthrie, who looked much better in KC.