Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3  (Read 16530 times)

Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3
« Reply #200: September 02, 2009, 06:36:40 PM »
but we ended up taking the last two.

any of the Marlins series are up there. as well as the 4 game home sweep against Chicago and this series against San Diego.

To me, that doesn't matter. That should have been an easy sweep and even not doing that is the issue either. The issue to me involving those games, was the Pirates fielded an absolutely dreadful team, worse I believe than even the Padres at that point and the Nats couldn't do a god damned thing.

It spoke volumes on how far this team has to go.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #201: September 02, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
To me, that doesn't matter. That should have been an easy sweep and even not doing that is the issue either. The issue to me involving those games, was the Pirates fielded an absolutely dreadful team, worse I believe than even the Padres at that point and the Nats couldn't do a god damned thing.

It spoke volumes on how far this team has to go.
yep. This Padres team is worse I think. I mean take a look a their lineup. One legit MLB starter in Adrian Gonzalez.

Their rotation rivals ours' in ineptness. The only area they are definitively better than us is bullpen.

The Padres get the most out of the least talent. The Nationals get the least out of the most talent.

Underachieving losers.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #202: September 02, 2009, 09:53:49 PM »
The bullpen needs a complete reworking as well. If they don't do anything else, please, Nats. At least fix the bullpen.

Problem is relief pitchers are relief pitchers for a reason.  They streaky from year-to-year.  Beimel was supposed to be a prize and he was crap this year.  Unless you're talking about bonafide closers, relievers are just a crapshoot.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #203: September 02, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
they waste runs and win a bunch of games 13-1 and scores like that but then they will go weeks at a time without scoring more than 3 or 4 runs consistently.

Are you suggesting that when they are kicking somebody's ass they should "save those runs for another night?

:lmao:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #204: September 02, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »
Out of 2242 teams since 1900, The Nats are ranked 2190th (2nd percentile) in winning % when scoring 5 runs or more. Basically, our pitching sucks.

Good stats FTMFW!

« Reply #205: September 02, 2009, 10:05:46 PM »
Problem is relief pitchers are relief pitchers for a reason.  They streaky from year-to-year.  Beimel was supposed to be a prize and he was crap this year.  Unless you're talking about bonafide closers, relievers are just a crapshoot.

As I've said before, I am willing to take chances on the crapshoot rather than the guaranteed failures we know we have now.