Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 4  (Read 12532 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 4
« Reply #350: July 22, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »
Point remains, after Friday the highest our lead could have possibly been was 4.5 games. Not 5.5 as stated.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #351: July 22, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
An interesting debate indeed, but onward and upward...we open a series tomorrow at the Mets, a team that's dropped three straight and nine of their last 10, now a game under .500 and 8 1/2 out...if we run the table on them or even just take two of three, we can pretty much bury them for the year.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #352: July 22, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »

Where is that?

The gelato line straight back in center (on the socreboard level) was also very long.  But it moved fairly quickly.   Took about 15 minutes i guess.

Under the escalator near section 143.  I've been there a bunch of times and never seen that stand before so either it's new or I've somehow been oblivious.  I do think that it's new because early in the game half of section 141 started looking over toward 142 and I couldn't figure out why until I realized that they were looking at someone who had purchased a couple of those giant ice things.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #353: July 22, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
Still too many Braves fans in the house, but at least our lads shut them up early.

I assumed the family in front of me were Nats fans because the son and Dad were wearing United caps, until about the sixth when the kid flipped his over into a rally cap, I wanted to knock that thing right off his head.

Offline RL04

« Reply #354: July 22, 2012, 07:51:51 PM »
Under the escalator near section 143.  I've been there a bunch of times and never seen that stand before so either it's new or I've somehow been oblivious.

Thanks!

Agree, it's probably new.  But then again, I walked right by there today and didn't notice, though I was mostly looking toward the usual "in the wall" concessions.

I was also looking for the escalator there and didn't see that either so went up the long ramps instead.

(Going out I just walked all the way around and went down the stairs past the scoreboard.)

PS: My kids got free T-shirts today! (Though it certainly doesn't fit my teenage daughter.)

Offline RL04

« Reply #355: July 22, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »
Still too many Braves fans in the house

As I posted earlier, I didn't think there were that many at all.  There were only two small groups that I could see in my whole section.    Not at all like with the Yankees.   They certainly weren't too vocal.   And thank goodness they really didn't get a chance to do the "chop."

Offline RL04

« Reply #356: July 22, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
Also . . . anyone else notice how many good looking females there are in very short shorts walking around a baseball stadium on a hot Sunday afternoon?   ;)

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #357: July 22, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
As I posted earlier, I didn't think there were that many at all.  There were only two small groups that I could see in my whole section.    Not at all like with the Yankees.   They certainly weren't too vocal.   And thank goodness they really didn't get a chance to do the "chop."

Any is too many...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #358: July 22, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
Also . . . anyone else notice how many good looking females there are in very short shorts walking around a baseball stadium on a hot Sunday afternoon?   ;)

Yes!  Rackzilla after Rackzilla walking by in my section today.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #359: July 22, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
PS: My kids got free T-shirts today! (Though it certainly doesn't fit my teenage daughter.)

They're not supposed to, it's a 12 and under give-away.  Saw tons of people walking in with strollers picking up shirts that are so long that they literally come down to my six year old's ankles.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #360: July 22, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
Yes RL04, yes I did. Candyland today. Helleva game too.

Offline RL04

« Reply #361: July 22, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
They're not supposed to, it's a 12 and under give-away.  Saw tons of people walking in with strollers picking up shirts that are so long that they literally come down to my six year old's ankles.

Yes, I know it was for 12 and under.   They handed it to my daughter, we didn't ask for it.  I assume they thought they'd have lots left over.

There were two very little girls right in front of me that had shirts on that looked perfect for their size.

Some hand-outers, I guess, were better at sizing-up than others.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #362: July 22, 2012, 09:18:26 PM »
Some hand-outers, I guess, were better at sizing-up than others.

I was told that they only had one size, which has been true for all of the kids shirt giveaways that I can remember.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #363: July 22, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
A win for my birthday... can't get much better than that!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #364: July 22, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »
Thanks all for the well wishes!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #365: July 22, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
I saw very few Braves fans today (sat in section 130, and walked around, of course.). Very quiet. More fans last night, but not many. Drowned out by "Let's go Nats!" in the last few innings, as the Nats chipped away that lead. And silent in the 9th...in fact, nothing but Nats fans yelling in the 9th of both games.

Incidentally, I found the Braves fans friendly and polite visitors, and Nats fans downright amiable toward them. Nothing like being a Nats fan at Shea II. Probably nothing like having Fithy fans in town, either.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #366: July 22, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »
I saw very few Braves fans today (sat in section 130, and walked around, of course.). Very quiet. More fans last night, but not many. Drowned out by "Let's go Nats!" in the last few innings, as the Nats chipped away that lead. And silent in the 9th...in fact, nothing but Nats fans yelling in the 9th of both games.

Incidentally, I found the Braves fans friendly and polite visitors, and Nats fans downright amiable toward them. Nothing like being a Nats fan at Shea II. Probably nothing like having Fithy fans in town, either.

welch, didja have fun at Nats Park?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #367: July 23, 2012, 03:12:41 AM »
I saw very few Braves fans today (sat in section 130, and walked around, of course.). Very quiet.

Very quiet in 125 as well as roaming on Sunday.   The drubbing helped keep the noise down.    However, it did get a little rowdy Friday night.    That tomahawk chop crap puckered me right up.    I think 125 is a different crowd.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #368: July 23, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »

welch, didja have fun at Nats Park?

Had beyond fun. Yelled myself horse on Saturday night. Great to see Lannan get stronger and better as the game went on. Then the last few innings...nibble nibble chomp!. Nats Park can be loud when it matters. Very classy operation...especially the Washington baseball history on the concourse roughly behind home plate. Saw Arch MacDonald photo plus the original photo of the four smashers that I use as a logo. Pulled out my Killebrew jersey to wave as Stammen got the last out on Sunday...guy behind me shook my hand as his family left, saying, "And don't forget Eddie Yost!"

The game at Nats Park is addictive. You lucky folks!!

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #369: July 23, 2012, 08:20:06 AM »
Thanks to this weekend's big turn-outs, our average attendance for the season is now 30,200/fixture - if this holds up it will be the first time in Nats Park history and only the second time in Nats history overall that we've averaged 30k.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #370: July 23, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
Something I found comical over the last several games is when Harper is up to bat, one will hear a "Hawpa" come from the section in the middle of the atbat at a nondescript time but not during the action.   He'll be out of the box or some such thing.    On occasion, I'll do it as well.   Simply a low key  ...  "Hawpa".   

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #371: July 23, 2012, 09:21:56 AM »
:rofl:
Something I found comical over the last several games is when Harper is up to bat, one will hear a "Hawpa" come from the section in the middle of the atbat at a nondescript time but not during the action.   He'll be out of the box or some such thing.    On occasion, I'll do it as well.   Simply a low key  ...  "Hawpa".   

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #372: July 23, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »
Gotta win today, Jurrjens sucks

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/28854/jair-jurrjens - He has had 10 starts this season with the big club and yesterday was the second consecutive start in which he's failed to get past the fourth inning, and fifth overall this season in which he didn't make it past the fifth...his ERA is now 7.04.

His next scheduled start - unless he gets sent down again - is Saturday at home vs Phillies (Blanton).