Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 7956 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #100: October 13, 2012, 02:43:17 AM »
Who else do you get? Serious question.

Matt Stairs :shrug:  I honestly don't know, but our offense has always been sup-par with Eckstein at the helm so a change, even if it's just for the sake of change, probably isn't a bad thing.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #101: October 13, 2012, 02:44:16 AM »
Someone who doesn't install a mentality to swing for the fences every time you get to the plate.
How about Pudge? He'd instill a solid double play mentality.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #102: October 13, 2012, 02:44:19 AM »
Someone who doesn't install a mentality to swing for the fences every time you get to the plate.

We'd probably strike out and lot less too.

I guess I was just thinking that was the mentality of some of the players rather than their hitting coach going "Ok, your BEST shot is a HR". It would be interesting to see how the players developed under a new batting coach.

Offline ZManChoo

« Reply #103: October 13, 2012, 02:45:21 AM »
I just keep thinking about Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma. To get beat by those two scrubs? Makes it even worse. Matt Holliday or Carlos Beltran are one thing. But Kozma and Descalso? A guy that hit .230 career in the minors and suddenly the Nats turn him into Babe Ruthe?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #104: October 13, 2012, 02:46:16 AM »
I don't know if anyone saw the freaking Cardinals drunk PoS jerk screaming in peoples faces about what losers we are after the game outside of the CF gate, but I am hoping to hear on the news someone murdered him.

Seriously. Walking by that douche I suddenly understood how that dude got murdered at the Dodgers or whatever CA park last year.

What a freaking night.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #105: October 13, 2012, 02:46:22 AM »
I just find it hard to believe that we have eight starters who share the same mentality of swing for the fences every time.  Granted some are worse at that than others, but it's mostly the same.  The hitting coach has got to have some influence on their approach at the plate.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #106: October 13, 2012, 02:46:49 AM »
I just keep thinking about Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma. To get beat by those two scrubs? Makes it even worse. Matt Holliday or Carlos Beltran are one thing. But Kozma and Descalso? A guy that hit .230 career in the minors and suddenly the Nats turn him into Babe Ruthe?

Meanwhile, our #7 hitter didn't do crap all series and our #8 hitter had two RBIs and that's it.  Desmond in the six-hole was out best hitter but it all went to waste since no one batting behind him did jack crap.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #107: October 13, 2012, 02:50:29 AM »
I don't know if anyone saw the freaking Cardinals drunk PoS jerk screaming in peoples faces about what losers we are after the game outside of the CF gate, but I am hoping to hear on the news someone murdered him.

Holy crap, that's pretty awful. I didn't hear him.

But I wish I was sitting next to real Nats fans >:( I was next to a "baseball atheist" (didn't seem to have a favorite/home team) who, from the tone of his comments, didn't really care for the Nats. Kept commenting on how Nats' fans wern't real fans, etc. Tons of negative comments for the Nats and none for the Cards. I kept friendly with him but, seriously man? Screw you.

There was a family of Cards fans behind me but they were nice and I had no problems with them.

Last night I got to sit next to an awesome Nats fan who I spent a lot of time discussing about who we trade in the offseason (Morse, Espinosa, let Jackson go) and how much this team has changed. I needed someone like that tonight!

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #108: October 13, 2012, 02:51:45 AM »
Well that's how I freaking vent. Sorry. I'll put a warning on the top  :lol:

I gotta agree with lo here.  I've been watching baseball for pushing 50 years, and I can only recall a couple of seasons I enjoyed more...and I've only been to two games in my entire life that I rank higher than Thursday night.  As far as single individual events in a game go, being there for Werth's home run is second only to being there for Roberto Clemente's 3000th hit for me.  And actually, I really didn't expect the Nats to go really deep into the playoffs, too inexperienced and just not quite there yet in key areas.  So yeah, maybe a little SSS, but what a great ride...ended too early like good ones do, but I'll get back on this roller coaster in April.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #109: October 13, 2012, 02:53:27 AM »

Seriously. Walking by that douche I suddenly understood how that dude got murdered at the Dodgers or whatever CA park last year.

What a freaking night.

Was he wearing a Berkman jersey by any chance?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #110: October 13, 2012, 02:56:11 AM »
Was he wearing a Berkman jersey by any chance?

I honestly didn't look. A. I didn't want him coming over to me, and B. I kept moving because the idiot was by himself and I realized the second three or four dudes as drunk as him walked by, there was going to be violence. There were hundreds of people walking by when he was pulling this, so I'm sure someone else on here saw him and might be able to answer your question.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #111: October 13, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
Time to root for the Giants.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #112: October 13, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »
I honestly didn't look. A. I didn't want him coming over to me, and B. I kept moving because the idiot was by himself and I realized the second three or four dudes as drunk as him walked by, there was going to be violence. There were hundreds of people walking by when he was pulling this, so I'm sure someone else on here saw him and might be able to answer your question.

The reason I ask is I saw my sister-in-law's a-hole brother at the game wearing a Berkman jersey.  He was there being a total douche nozzle (as usual).  If this was the guy he's a "Cardinals Fan" from Woodbridge, VA.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #113: October 13, 2012, 03:04:21 AM »
Time to root for the Giants.

That thought entered my mind as I was walking the concourse. Not that, actually, but similar.

I realized I'm not going to watch a single playoff game this year. Screw the Yankees, the Tigers suck/I don't like them, may all the Cardinal's players... well, I won't say what I'm thinking. And screw the Giants. I don't like them and their steroid loving little group of ****ring *****ers. Horrible city, horrible. Bonds junkies and now Cabrera, it's a team that even today accepts PEDs and a fanbase that are apologists and cheering them still.

In other words I hate all four teams left. Can't they all lose?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #114: October 13, 2012, 03:06:02 AM »
My thoughts exactly.  Davey freaked this one up big time.

Quote from: David Schoenfield
Kozma, a guy who hit .232 in Triple-A, playing only because of the September injury to starting shortstop Rafael Furcal, then lined a 2-2 fastball into right field to score two more runs. (Descalso had smartly stolen second base).

Washington manager Davey Johnson could have walked Kozma once Descalso stole second base. Cardinals closer Jason Motte, who had pitched the eighth inning, was due up next, although Cardinals manager Mike Matheny had sent backup catcher Tony Cruz, the last player left on the bench, to the on-deck circle as a decoy. He’d be entering the game anyway for Molina, who had been run for. Kozma has been pretty hot, hitting .333 for the Cardinals during his September call-up and homering earlier in this season.

Johnson could have put Kozma on and pitched to Cruz, which would have served two purposes: Force Matheny to bat Cruz, a guy who hit .254/.267/.365 in 126 at-bats, but also a guy without an at-bat in nine days. More importantly, it would have likely forced Matheny to pull Motte. Matheny already used Joe Kelly, Trevor Rosenthal, Edward Mujica and Mitchell Boggs, so that would have meant the Cardinals would be using, at best, their fifth-best reliever in the ninth.

Huge mistake by Johnson and I can only guess he was in such a state of shock he didn’t have time to think the situation through properly.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #115: October 13, 2012, 03:23:59 AM »
You point that out, and you're dead right. Davey screwed that up big time.

Putting Jackson in was the signal. That was stupid. In the end it didn't make the difference, but it was still stupid. Then not to pull him when he showed he still didn't have it.

Davey should have pulled Storen. I'd love to say before we'd blown it, but that's not fair. Davey SHOULD have pulled him when it was tied. Guy didn't have it, and he has zero experience. He's given up two runs, blown it, bases crowded... Bring another guy in. Even if you believe he has it in him, psychologically after giving up those two runs, anyone in Storen's position would be scared/anxious/whatever.

This is the problem though. Not a single one of us can say, "Blame Davey, fire Davey!" He blew this game, but without him we definitely don't win 98 games and probably don't make the playoffs. There is no blame for this game, it was a team loss and the entire team got themselves to this point. Considering we lost 100 games so recently, never had a winning record... you can't blame this team, or want to see someone in tonight's game aside from Jackson gone in the offseason.

That makes it all the more difficult. It'd be so easy to slag blame on someone and want their heads, to focus my suicidal depression into anger at someone. But that's not possible, the whole team failed. And the whole team won 98 games and came within one out of NLCS.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #116: October 13, 2012, 03:27:59 AM »
It would be interesting to see how the players developed under a new batting coach.

Nothing would change.

I don't know if anyone saw the freaking Cardinals drunk PoS jerk screaming in peoples faces about what losers we are after the game outside of the CF gate,

Why didn't you just pretend he was Nyjer Morgan and kick his ass yourself? He couldn't have been that bad if you failed to do anything about it. If you dind't do crap about it why are you nagging about it?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #117: October 13, 2012, 03:33:58 AM »
Nothing would change.

Why didn't you just pretend he was Nyjer Morgan and kick his ass yourself? He couldn't have been that bad if you failed to do anything about it. If you dind't do crap about it why are you nagging about it?

Lol, are you for freaking real? Sounds like he wasn't the only one that had one too many tonight. Get a grip on reality, kthnx.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #118: October 13, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »
If you're too much of a wussy to stick up for yourself then shut the freak up and stop whining like a nag. Sack up of shut the freak up.

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #119: October 13, 2012, 05:31:24 AM »
Ive seen ceremonial pitches thrown better than Drew Storen pitched in the 9th.

Why keep Gio in when he clearly struggling? was the phone line down to the bullpen?

The surprise on all the Cards faces tells you all you need to know, they thought we had it wrapped up but no, lets break another record, worst collapse in a deciding game. Well done.

Edwin Jackson? We'd have been better with Michael Jackson. I want him out before spring.

Lets go Giants!

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #120: October 13, 2012, 07:29:41 AM »
This morning feels worse than last night. I feel sick to my stomach.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #121: October 13, 2012, 07:54:42 AM »
Edwin is going to spend the next few years bouncing around bad teams on short term deals. Good teams will realize that he's far too inconsistent to be trusted, but pitching starved bad teams will look at his age and what will still be perceived as "upside" and give him some pretty decent money on one or two year deals.

Live nd of like what we did?  At the end of the day,  he's a $10 million Lannan

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #122: October 13, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
I listened to Phil Wood this morning at 1:15 because I wasn't ready for the season to end. And I'll be watching his 10 o'clock program this morning.

Anyway, he was in a vile mood. When the topic turned to Jackson, he said something like "it's hard to imagine that Lannan would have done worse than .500 with a 4.something ERA." He implied that Jackson would be making around $10M for another team next year that sees the incredible stuff and overlooks the inconsistency.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #123: October 13, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »

I like Lannan a lot better.  He actually played stopper a couple times this year.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #124: October 13, 2012, 10:31:04 AM »
freak