Author Topic: MLB & Division Watching (2012)  (Read 164723 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: MLB & Division Watching (2012)
« Reply #75: February 03, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
What are you referring to? 

"It was just wrong. That's all it comes down to," Hamilton said. "I needed to be at a different place. I needed to be responsible. I was not responsible. Those actions of mine have hurt a lot of people I'm very close to."

"I did not drink in front of him," Hamilton said. "We finished up at this restaurant that was closing and decided to go across the street to another place that stayed open. We talked baseball, family, life, all these things."

About 30 minutes later, Kinsler was ready to go home. Hamilton said his teammate dropped him off at the other restaurant.

"His words were, 'I'll see you later. Don't go back out or anything, all right?' " Hamilton said. "I did exactly what I told him I wouldn't do. I went back to the place we had just left and had some more drinks."

"I cannot take a break from my recovery," Hamilton said. "My recovery is Christ. My recovery is an every-day process. When I take that one day off, it leaves me open for a moment of weakness and it's always been that way.

"For everybody that I've hurt, for fans, kids, people that have addictions that look up to me, I apologize to you. When you're doing this, you don't mean to hurt anybody, but you're only thinking it hurts yourself, but I know it hurt a lot of people."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7537732/texas-rangers-outfielder-josh-hamilton-relapse-alcohol