Author Topic: Books of note on Washington Baseball and Blue jays / Expos  (Read 934 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Two new and notable books for the winter -- in between Redskin games, of course:

- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1589798430/ref=pe_186110_32034650_email_1p_0_ti

You Gotta Have Heart: A History of Washington Baseball from 1859 to the 2012 National League East Champions

This book has been discussed on the Facebook page for DC Baseball History...might be your chance to read it before CALSGR8  ;)

- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786428120/ref=pe_186110_32034650_email_1p_10_ti

Blue Jays 1, Expos 0: The Urban Rivalry That Killed Major League Baseball in Montreal

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I went to a talk last night given by the author of the first book.   Picked up 2 signed copies!   One for my season ticket buddy

Offline welch

I went to a talk last night given by the author of the first book.   Picked up 2 signed copies!   One for my season ticket buddy

As I said...go fast or CALSGR8 will get it first...and she did!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
As I said...go fast or CALSGR8 will get it first...and she did!

Thanks John! :-)

Nice guy.   It covers from pre civil war thru last year.   Even has a chapter on the Greys.

It's available on Amazon and I saw it at B&N.   Author was selling it for $

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Thanks for the heads up. I noticed there are a few copies on Ebay. I marked one to watch (the seller has several copies available) and might have to BIN (Buy It Now) tonight or tomorrow.

Offline hit4cycle

I just ordered  Beltway Boys: Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, and the Rise of the Nationals 
by Elliott Smith

Offline welch

I just ordered  Beltway Boys: Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, and the Rise of the Nationals 
by Elliott Smith

(Image removed from quote.)

Hadn't seen a mention of that one. Another winter-book.

Offline hit4cycle

im about 1/4 of the way through. good read so far.