Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 13579 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #225: April 11, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »
I dont know. I think RF is tha easiest to play. I was tha least experience outfielder on my team and they stuck me in right field because that part of tha outfield gets tha least activity.

Think about it, theres are substantially more righter-side batters than lefties, and most of those right-side arent opposite field hitters. 

I'm positive that RF gets tha least activity . It was games where i would just stand out there for innings with no exercise.

Only in little league :rofl: We pinch hit for Chico in an attempt to what... hit a home run to tie it? We would've been better off letting Chico hit for himself (he was pretty much having his way with Atlanta) and had him go complete game to keep the game at 1-0. Rauch made the deficit impossible, if it wasn't already :?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #226: April 11, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »
...said the man who needed another post to stay ahead of ronnynat...

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL. Good catch on that. I hadn't noticed my post count in a while.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #227: April 11, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
That's because he was the wrong one to use. Sherman had his way with Atlanta and the entire state of Georgia so may be you should try him to see if it helps our luck :?
He needs to let someone else do the GD thread. I can't stand this losing streak.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #228: April 11, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »
He needs to let someone else do the GD thread. I can't stand this losing streak. (Image removed from quote.)

LOL

But seriously, although I agree that Harris sucks this would be the wrong time to fire him to send a message. That would only enable the players into thinking that it isn't their fault they can't generate any offense.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #229: April 11, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »
Those are SPORTS threads you pointed out, though. Key word. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it is a sports message board. There's only so much we really need to know about each other here. I do like to get to know people, but this isn't really the place for that, IMO.

I would disagree with this; however, how is a "Word Association" thread getting to know someone?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #230: April 11, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »
LOL. Good catch on that. I hadn't noticed my post count in a while.

I might be at least humored by post counts if Off-Topic posts were excluded from the count.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #231: April 11, 2008, 10:31:27 PM »
If the Nationals lose 14 straight games ALL previous posts on this entire Forum should be DELETED, and replaced with a single page with the sign of a cricket chirping... in a pile of dog crap...

ronnynat is now ahead of 2k6nats in post count... which could trigger a frivolous lawsuit.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #232: April 11, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
LOL

But seriously, although I agree that Harris sucks this would be the wrong time to fire him to send a message. That would only enable the players into thinking that it isn't their fault they can't generate any offense.
Good point.  How exactly are we going to get out of this slump though? If we hit like this for another week or so changes have to be made. Look at the next 5 pitchers we face: Smoltz, Glavine, Pelfrey, Maine, Santana.  Slim chances of us rebounding.  How sick is it that if we won 4/5 of those improbable games (we are the underdog in every one) that we'd still be under .500?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #233: April 11, 2008, 10:34:47 PM »
I would disagree with this; however, how is a "Word Association" thread getting to know someone?

It isn't. I was responding to what she said about the other threads. I started that when this board was REALLY dead (September 18). It was a bad idea, I admit, but it was done w/ good intentions.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #234: April 11, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »
I might be at least humored by post counts if Off-Topic posts were excluded from the count.

I couldn't care less. There are so many ways the posts could be broken down. I know I've had a lot of AWESOME posts, though. :D

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #235: April 11, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »
It was a bad idea, I admit, but it was done w/ good intentions.

GUILTY!!!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #236: April 11, 2008, 10:40:57 PM »
I couldn't care less. There are so many ways the posts could be broken down. I know I've had a lot of AWESOME posts, though. :D

Umm...no.  Out of the two of us, only one can recieve...

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #237: April 11, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
^ That dog is AWESOME. You're right, though, I am guilty. Please take away all of the huge off-topic threads. :D

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #238: April 11, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
Umm...no.  Out of the two of us, only one can recieve...

Dude, mod or not, it should be pretty obvious who deserves that. :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #239: April 11, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »
It isn't. I was responding to what she said about the other threads. I started that when this board was REALLY dead (September 18). It was a bad idea, I admit, but it was done w/ good intentions.

LOL I doubt I have even gone into Off Topic section since the season started except for the 'beautiful women thread' or the 'march madness thread'.

Good point.  How exactly are we going to get out of this slump though? If we hit like this for another week or so changes have to be made. Look at the next 5 pitchers we face: Smoltz, Glavine, Pelfrey, Maine, Santana.  Slim chances of us rebounding.  How sick is it that if we won 4/5 of those improbable games (we are the underdog in every one) that we'd still be under .500?

That is a mystery. The players just need to take a little pride in themselves (stop talking a good game) and actually go out there and produce. They should all forfeit their paycheck on Tuesday to charity.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #240: April 11, 2008, 10:46:20 PM »
LOL I doubt I have even gone into Off Topic section since the season started except for the 'beautiful women thread' or the 'march madness thread'.

MAN THREADS! :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #241: April 11, 2008, 10:46:58 PM »

GUILTY!!!

Awesome picture. Reminds me of when my beagles were tiny pups.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #242: April 11, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »
NOW, 2k6nats and ronnynat will furiously CONTINUE posting, taking the post count lead back and forth from each other, until one of them drops.

This is like suggesting to Monk that one of his pant legs is
s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y longer than the other...

This makes tonight's lost game worthwhile now...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #243: April 11, 2008, 11:40:12 PM »
My first game at Nationals Park and just got back - great night for baseball, horrible game for our offense.  Gawd...if this team was a horse I'd shoot it.   >:(