Author Topic: Woman steals foul ball from child at Astros/Cards game  (Read 5104 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Omg! How horrible!

Offline Obed_Marsh

What a nag. I wonder if someone will put a name to her. :shock:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Lighten up, I'm pro kid, but when it comes to catching a ball in play anything goes.

Offline Obed_Marsh

If she would have gotten it first I would have agreed with you but she literally pulls the ball from the kid's chest. She had her shot and blew it. If it was two male adults, no way someone pulls that same stunt.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
If I were that kid's father, I would have ripped it out of her hands.
Lighten up, I'm pro kid, but when it comes to catching a ball in play anything goes.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
That's a tiny little girl and a hogly woman, so not fair.

Offline Obed_Marsh

I doubt her parents had the angle to see it. She is headed up the stairs so they likely only saw the kid's back.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I'm sure your right. And the girl got a nice signed ball for her efforts.

Really, if I'm that woman, at some point, I realize what I did and I try to find the girl to give her the ball. Jesus Christ.

I doubt her parents had the angle to see it. She is headed up the stairs so they likely only saw the kid's back.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If I were that kid's father, I would have ripped it out of her hands.

The little girl never established possession, she had two feet down, but didn't have control of the ball, and certainly never made a "football" move.  After the interception, the woman clearly had possession of the ball and was down in her seat, ending the play.  Any attempt by the kid's family to reattain the ball would have to be penalized.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Foul balls are for kids. Adults can go to the store and buy a baseball instead of stealing a great experience from a kid.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I don't even have the heart to "click" the link.   Somebody should have dropped her.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Foul balls are for kids. Adults can go to the store and buy a baseball instead of stealing a great experience from a kid.

Balls tossed into the stands are for kids; catching a foul ball is a rare experience that is wasted on a kid.  If you've caught your share and want to give the ball to a kid, that's fine, but I'm still waiting for my first one and when it comes, I'm keeping it.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I'm actually at a loss that anyone would defend that woman, and openly admit that they'd fight a child over a foul ball. It's just a freaking baseball.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

+1

Only foul ball I ever caught I immediately gave it to a kid sitting in our section.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Foul balls that I've gotten have literally fallen into my lap.  Once at a Frederick Keys Game, it fell onto my clipboard/scorecard.  Once at an O's game a pop up fell onto my thigh.  After that Bruise I kept it!!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Catching a foul ball and keeping it is one thing.   Taking one from a kid is bad form.

Offline natstime

The little girl never established possession, she had two feet down, but didn't have control of the ball, and certainly never made a "football" move.  After the interception, the woman clearly had possession of the ball and was down in her seat, ending the play.  Any attempt by the kid's family to reattain the ball would have to be penalized.

:rofl:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I'm actually at a loss that anyone would defend that woman, and openly admit that they'd fight a child over a foul ball. It's just a freaking baseball.

Since it's just a baseball, and the kid would have been just as happy with one bought at the team store, I'm at a loss that anyone would condemn that woman.  As far as fighting a child for the ball, where did you see that, grabbing for a loose ball is hardly fighting over it, no blood - no foul.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

I once gave a men's XL tshirt from a shirt cannon to a little boy. Why? It was because he wanted it.

Offline GburgNatsFan

:rofl:

I'm just saying, a stranger lays hands on my kid to take something from her, I'm not thinking straight anymore.

The little girl never established possession, she had two feet down, but didn't have control of the ball, and certainly never made a "football" move.  After the interception, the woman clearly had possession of the ball and was down in her seat, ending the play.  Any attempt by the kid's family to reattain the ball would have to be penalized.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I once gave a men's XL tshirt from a shirt cannon to a little boy. Why? It was because he wanted it.

Since you're in that kind of a mood, there are some middle schoolers in my neighborhood who would like a carton of Marlboro Red (hard pack please).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I'm just saying, a stranger lays hands on my kid to take something from her, I'm not thinking straight anymore.

Chris Cooley would have blind-sided her over the railing before she had the chance to down the ball.

Plus, upon further review with Mrs. PowerBoater69, it has been noted that the woman took the ball off her boob, which certainly leads to some sympathy in her deserving to end up with the ball.