Author Topic: The Nats are Washington's second newest team...  (Read 634 times)

Offline PC

The Nats are Washington's second newest team...
« Topic Start: December 18, 2006, 04:02:30 PM »
Did anyone else hear that the former Baltimore Bayhawks of MLL (Major League Lacrosse) have relocated to Washington?

I didn't and it happened back in November!  :shock:

http://www.washingtonbayhawks.com

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #1: December 18, 2006, 04:21:54 PM »
That website sucks.....

:)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: December 18, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »
Trivia question:  What was the DC area's first professional indoor lacrosse team?

They called the Capital Centre home.

Offline Dave B

Re: The Nats are Washington's second newest team...
« Reply #3: December 18, 2006, 08:32:22 PM »
Quote from: "PC"
Did anyone else hear that the former Baltimore Bayhawks of MLL (Major League Lacrosse) have relocated to Washington?

I didn't and it happened back in November!  :shock:

http://www.washingtonbayhawks.com

It says DC area. Where are the gona play?  Those teams frequently play in minor league baseball stadiums.

Anyway, I stopped paying attention to that league.  The guys arent full time athletes. Its like watching a really good beer league.  Lacrosse has started to suck in recent years with new stick designs and what not. You cant get the ball away from these guys. Really the only impressive thing is their ability to take two handed slashed.  Maybe it has changed recently. Like I said I havent paid attention recently

Its basically like the NBA.  Just half field games.  No end to end action.  There is some of that left in the college game.

The are 30 to 40 total goals a game. I can only see so much scoring before it becomes boring.  But thats just me