Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1  (Read 51522 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #100: September 23, 2008, 09:07:41 PM »
Wait, to what spider said earlier, would it be possible to get Adrian and Holliday this offseason? lol

No I was just hatching up a dream lineup.  :lol:  Sorry dude.

Those are our best prospects. We'd be decimated without most of those guys.

It would also depend on how long we had A-Gon and Holliday for too though.

That sounds like an argument JMUalumni would advance. freak prospects when you have a MLB lineup like this:

Guzman
Milledge
Holliday
Gonzalez
Zimmerman
Dukes
Flores
Bonifacio/Hernandez

So you're saying you would be willing to consider it if we could sign them to long extensions?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #101: September 23, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »

That sounds like an argument JMUalumni would advance. freak prospects when you have a MLB lineup like this:

Guzman
Milledge
Holliday
Gonzalez
Zimmerman
Dukes
Flores
Bonifacio/Hernandez

So you're saying you would be willing to consider it if we could sign them to long extensions?
Maybe, but damn that's giving away way too much. We should get more in return than just those 2.

Burgess, Marrero, Detwiler, Wilems, whoever it is we get with the number 1 draft pick and one of either Lannan or Balester

Offline spidernat

« Reply #102: September 23, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »
Maybe, but damn that's giving away way too much. We should get more in return than just those 2.

That's only because prospects get a little too much hype around these parts. That's only 4 prospects in A ball, one draft pick and one MLB pitcher.

Think of what those two young stud bats can do to our entire lineup. We'd have to find two pitchers somewhere but at least we would have offense. What if I took out the number 1 draft pick in exchange for JZ? 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #103: September 23, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »

freak prospects when you have a MLB lineup like this:

Guzman
Milledge
Holliday
Gonzalez
Zimmerman
Dukes
Flores
Bonifacio/Hernandez

That lineup is so awesome haha. I WISH we could get something like that. freak prospects for a few years if we had something like that in our system.

I wouldnt give up Balester or Lannan though :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #104: September 23, 2008, 09:14:46 PM »
Alberto Gonzalez is a freaking stud. He's legit as crap. Looks like he's finally living up to the billing of being Derek Jeter's heir apparent in NY.

15/38 (.395 BA), 5 Doubles, 0 Triples, 1 HR, 6 RBIs, 3 BB, 4 K.

He's only 25 too. What a great trade by Bowden.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #105: September 23, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »
That lineup is so awesome haha. I WISH we could get something like that. freak prospects for a few years if we had something like that in our system.

I wouldnt give up Balester or Lannan though :lol:

See that's the problem with some of you guys. You're too in love and attached with prospects. I hope you guys realize that several of the guys you're following in the minors now will never suit up or contribute to the Nats because they will either fizzle out or be traded away. You have to give up something to get something in return. I do it with chicks all the time. I give them part of my anatomy in exchange for part of theirs.  :lol:

You had the right idea in saying freak prospects because with that young lineup we would have several years to stock up again.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #106: September 23, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »
That's only because prospects get a little too much hype around these parts. That's only 4 prospects in A ball, one draft pick and one MLB pitcher.

Think of what those two young stud bats can do to our entire lineup. We'd have to find two pitchers somewhere but at least we would have offense. What if I took out the number 1 draft pick in exchange for JZ? 
You're underestimating these guys a little. These aren't just run of the mill minor leaguers. All have great potential.

No way would I give up JZ. He's going to a money #2 or better for us for years to come. Can't wait to watch him pitch in '09.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #107: September 23, 2008, 09:17:27 PM »
Gonzalez has a STRONG freaking arm.  :shock:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #108: September 23, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »
See that's the problem with some of you guys. You're too in love and attached with prospects. I hope you guys realize that several of the guys you're following in the minors now will never suit up or contribute to the Nats because they will either fizzle out or be traded away. You have to give up something to get something in return. I do it with chicks all the time. I give them part of my anatomy in exchange for part of theirs.  :lol:

You had the right idea in saying freak prospects because with that young lineup we would have several years to stock up again.

haha thats why i put the little laughing icon, freak id trade prospects to have those 2. Was just saying if we could avoid Lannan and Balester, fire away, but if not, the trade should be made asap haha. A-gonz and Hollidays offense is DEFINITELY worth that.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #109: September 23, 2008, 09:19:24 PM »
You're underestimating these guys a little. These aren't just run of the mill minor leaguers. All have great potential.

No way would I give up JZ. He's going to a money #2 or better for us for years to come. Can't wait to watch him pitch in '09.

I think you're not seeing the other side of the trade. Think of what those two bats bring to our offense. Those two guys were prospects that have worked out well. Those others are no guarantee. Plus taking back the draft pick could mean we get Strasburg to inject into our rotation in a year.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #110: September 23, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
No matter, it's not going to happen anyway. I just wanted to see some of your reactions. JMU probably can't wait until we have established players so we can trade them away for prospects to track in the minors.  :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #111: September 23, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »
Money hook. Hinckley is a minor league bum stud.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #112: September 23, 2008, 09:23:20 PM »
No matter, it's not going to happen anyway. I just wanted to see some of your reactions.
Yeah, we will be getting no one worth while this offseason.

I just believe in several of the prospects in our system. These are good players. Just look at several of the guys that the system has produced just in the last few years (Zim, Lannan, Bernadina, Montz, Hinckley, Estrada, etc.). All home grown. There's a lot more on the way too.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #113: September 23, 2008, 09:23:46 PM »
I mean 115 RBIS 35 homers from Gonzo and Hollidays 25hr 84 rbis  would help us out ALOT

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #114: September 23, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
I mean 115 RBIS 35 homers from Gonzo and Hollidays 25hr 84 rbis  would help us out ALOT
Would it make us a contender? I think our bullpen needs help and we could possibly use 1 starter too.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #115: September 23, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »

Hey man I would love to trade some of our prospects for Matt Holliday.  Have been saying it all along.  He is a proven MLB stud hitter. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #116: September 23, 2008, 09:28:20 PM »
Hey man I would love to trade some of our prospects for Matt Holliday.  Have been saying it all along.  He is a proven MLB stud hitter. 

Then you would be all for my proposed acquisitions.

Yeah, we will be getting no one worth while this offseason.

I just believe in several of the prospects in our system. These are good players. Just look at several of the guys that the system has produced just in the last few years (Zim, Lannan, Bernadina, Montz, Hinckley, Estrada, etc.). All home grown. There's a lot more on the way too.

I'm not a big believer in either of those except for Lannan. I believe Zimmerman is a good player but I don't consider him a product of our system because he was only in the  minors for a quick minute. I have to see more from the others. I want to see sustained production.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #117: September 23, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
Boone hits into a DP for the second time tonight.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #118: September 23, 2008, 09:30:17 PM »
I wish this would turn into the luck I've had predicting trades for the Skins. I accurately predicted we would trade for Brunell (:?), Moss and Taylor, months before those trades materialized.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #119: September 23, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »
What if to acquire those two bats you had to give up Burgess, Marrero, Detwiler, Wilems, whoever it is we get with the number 1 draft pick and one of either Lannan or Balester?

Note that the dent to the MLB roster would be minimal.
Where do we get pitching for the next three years?  That's my only question.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #120: September 23, 2008, 09:31:49 PM »
Then you would be all for my proposed acquisitions.

I'm not a big believer in either of those except for Lannan. I believe Zimmerman is a good player but I don't consider him a product of our system because he was only in the  minors for a quick minute. I have to see more from the others. I want to see sustained production.
Bernadina would be a stud if he got to play everyday.

Hinckley still hasn't given up a run in the big leagues over 12 appearances.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #121: September 23, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
Where do we get pitching for the next three years?  That's my only question.

We would only be trading one of either Lannan or Balester. We could count on JZ or if we included him in the hypothetical trade we would get to keep the number 1 draft pick that so many people think will be an ace. If we had those bats we could focus on finding arms in FA and with that lineup I think pitchers would be more willing to sign here.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #122: September 23, 2008, 09:37:56 PM »
Way to come back, Mike!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love that crap. Manny stuck with him and Mike got the job done. A lot better than going to Colome.

Offline fersaltiel

« Reply #123: September 23, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »
All hail Hinckley. Mire Hinckley is $$ people!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #124: September 23, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
Mike "Money" Hinckley