Author Topic: For Wiffle Ball lovers  (Read 1470 times)

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Topic Start: August 24, 2006, 06:00:53 PM »

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #1: August 24, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »
Thats so f'in cool :)

Man, that would be fun, get some friends to play.

Offline Vladman1327

For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #2: August 25, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »
Honestly, I don't understand why people would think they are crazy.  A little weird, maybe.  Obsessed, definitely.  But crazy?  No.

Offline Dave B

For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #3: August 26, 2006, 12:15:43 AM »
That.....is......awesome

I've never seen it, but an acquaintance of mine (back in the day), by other peoples accounts, had a wiffle/football field better than that guys and probably not as good as the Fenway one.  

The kid's older brother wasnt much of an athlete, but LOVED sports.  He was probably like 16 and "head groundskeeper" and umpire in little league.  He would be watering and raking our little league field (which was pretty sweet) meticulously (like the little dirt between the foul line and the grass.  He also asked my dad, who officiated several sports, for a referee's equipment catalog so he could order an inside-the-shirt-chest protector.  The forearm mounted league one wasnt good enough.

Anyway this kid had a field with a Minneapolis baggy fence, played the national anthem on a boom box, and made people wear old little league uniforms.

One day they wanted to play football and he said "not yet".  he spent about an hour or two lining the field complete with diagonal stripes across the endzone, 2x4's as endzone pilons, and PVC fieldgoals.

On to my first hand wiffle experience.  That portable mound they have is GENIUS.  My grandfathe would get pissed at us for wearing out the grass.  Also, me and my cousin "juiced" the balls by wrapping them with duct tape, which makes them go at least twice as far for HRD (home run derby).

Good times.

So who has a sweet yard for this?

BTW, there is a league that plays at gravelly point (just north of reagan airport)

Offline UMDNats

For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #4: August 26, 2006, 12:43:25 AM »
Whiffle ball is sweet.

Offline ColtonWillems

For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #5: August 26, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »
My yard is most definantely long enough, but its not wide enough to do something like that  :cry:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #6: August 26, 2006, 12:49:55 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
My yard is most definantely long enough, but its not wide enough to do something like that  :cry:

I have a wiffleball field; me and some buddies made in the backyard of my apartment, which is pretty big.  There are two fences on both side of the yard, and telephone poles on the home run side.  Over the first cable (thick TV cable) is a home run.  The measurements are 74' to center, and 92' to left and right.

Offline ColtonWillems

For Wiffle Ball lovers
« Reply #7: August 26, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »
That's awesome