Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 20768 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #350: May 14, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
Balling is outdated.

Now it's

We taking Over.

'Cause we takin' over, one city at a time
Said we takin' over, one city at a time

just substitute city with game.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #351: May 14, 2007, 10:02:18 PM »
Charlie Slowes just updated on the condition of John Smoltz: It was indeed a dislocated pinky finger on his throwing hand.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #352: May 14, 2007, 10:04:15 PM »
glad it's not more serious!

Offline HATA

« Reply #353: May 14, 2007, 10:36:59 PM »
can't believe the nats are riding a 4 game win streak, I hope they keep it up

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #354: May 14, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »
Charlie Slowes just updated on the condition of John Smoltz: It was indeed a dislocated pinky finger on his throwing hand.
I think the problem was that Smoltz stuck his hand on Kearns' chest while Kearns was still running toward home, and then pulled his hand out kind of awkwardly from behind Kearns.  He could have made the tag easily on Kearns' arm.  It was really Smoltz' fault.  I don't think he was mad at Kearns; he was just in a lot of pain, and knew he had to leave the game, (and yet another try to get closer to 300 career wins.) 

The official scorer knows all

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #355: May 14, 2007, 11:26:47 PM »
I think the problem was that Smoltz stuck his hand on Kearns' chest while Kearns was still running toward home, and then pulled his hand out kind of awkwardly from behind Kearns.  He could have made the tag easily on Kearns' arm.  It was really Smoltz' fault.  I don't think he was mad at Kearns; he was just in a lot of pain, and knew he had to leave the game, (and yet another try to get closer to 300 career wins.) 
(Image removed from quote.)
The official scorer knows all

Actually according to the blurb on braves.com, Smoltz initially thought Kearns had thrown a deliberate elbow, but after seeing replays realized that wasn't the case:

As Smoltz exited the field, he frustratingly motioned toward the Nationals dugout because he thought Kearns had extended his left arm to make contact. But via replays, the right-hander was able to see that the Nationals outfielder kept his arms close to his chest.

"In the heat of the moment, I thought he was trying to knock the ball loose," Smoltz said. "But he was just trying to get out of the way. His elbow hit my pinky and chipped my finger and I was looking at [my finger standing] straight up."