Author Topic: Video Games (2012)  (Read 84747 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Video Games
« Reply #650: July 13, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »
NCAA Football 13 on Amazon for $44.99 fwiw

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #651: July 13, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
That is supposedly the worst NCAA ever.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #652: July 13, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »

I haven't played a console football game going on two years now. I'm really not missing them all that much.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #653: July 13, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »

The demo was DREADFUL.  Just absolutely terrible.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #654: July 13, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
The demo was DREADFUL.  Just absolutely terrible.

Didn't play it although I did download it.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #655: July 13, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »
I haven't played a console football game going on two years now. I'm really not missing them all that much.

I still have Madden 08 for the PC. I play Madden on a console at friends' houses and it looks the same to me. Feels the same. Same poor DB and offensive line AI

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #656: July 13, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »

IGN gave it an 8 and Game Informer gave it an 8.75 :shrug:

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #657: July 13, 2012, 01:23:37 PM »
If you want to trust IGN be my guest. I'm going off impressions on forums by gamers.

If you like it each year, I'm not going to try to stop you. I think it's one of the poorest sports series on the market and supposedly it got worse this year.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #658: July 13, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
So whats wrong with Future Soldier?

Not that it matters. Walmart doesnt have any copies of either Future Soldier or BF3.

Think i may get Skyrim.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #659: July 13, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »
If you want to trust IGN be my guest. I'm going off impressions on forums by gamers.

If you like it each year, I'm not going to try to stop you. I think it's one of the poorest sports series on the market and supposedly it got worse this year.

Seriously? Outside of The Show, NCAA Football has probably been the best sports game going. However, I don't play soccer, tennis or basketball games, so I guess that limits my scope of knowledge. But whatever. EA's NHL series has gotten pretty damn good too.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #660: July 13, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
Future Soldier is on sale for 40 bucks at gamestop.

Seals the deal for me.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #661: July 13, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »
Just read a review on NCAA on Operation Sports. Got a 7 out of 10 *good* but mentioned the number of flaws. The fact that you can't transfer draft classes seals the deal for me. I'll wait for Madden.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #662: July 13, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
This sums up my feelings for the NCAA series: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3Q9AM4D2X6K2O/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004P8GL60&nodeID=468642&store=videogames

Edit: Actually, it's as much about the process as it is the actual game. Oh well, I think the series sucks, you don't. More power to you. I'd love to be able to enjoy a college football game again.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #663: July 13, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Luckily Madden will finally have a working full online franchise this year. I'm going to dump so many hours into it.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #664: July 13, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »
Seriously? Outside of The Show, NCAA Football has probably been the best sports game going. However, I don't play soccer, tennis or basketball games, so I guess that limits my scope of knowledge. But whatever. EA's NHL series has gotten pretty damn good too.

I think the NHL series is the best sports series out there, with the Show running a very close second.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #665: July 13, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »
I think the NHL series is the best sports series out there, with the Show running a very close second.

While I've never played either, I am willing to say FIFA is the best series.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #666: July 13, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
I might give Madden a go this year. Actually hearing good things.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #667: July 13, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »
I might give Madden a go this year. Actually hearing good things.

I like the look of it as well.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #668: July 13, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »
Just read a review on NCAA on Operation Sports. Got a 7 out of 10 *good* but mentioned the number of flaws. The fact that you can't transfer draft classes seals the deal for me. I'll wait for Madden.

I picked up NCAA13 today and I love it so far. I didn't pick up NCAA12 last year, so that's probably why I like it so much. Maryland pride uniforms look sharp.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #669: July 13, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
I just didn't think Future Soldier was well optimized. It seemed difficult to command my team, difficult to shoot and fight, and seemed more interested in being able to customize your guns than to actually be a good game. It's a rental for me.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #670: July 13, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
I just didn't think Future Soldier was well optimized. It seemed difficult to command my team, difficult to shoot and fight, and seemed more interested in being able to customize your guns than to actually be a good game. It's a rental for me.

I dunno.

that first mission where you have to drag that guy through a big-ass firefight with one hand and you got is your pistol in the other hand was freakin' GREAT.

the character faces need work though. the heads and faces on the characters in the single-player mode are HORRENDOUS. it looks like they just photoshopped some faces onto the multiplayer bodies.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #671: July 14, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
I picked up NCAA13 today and I love it so far. I didn't pick up NCAA12 last year, so that's probably why I like it so much. Maryland pride uniforms look sharp.

I'd consider it if you could transfer draft classes, but since you can't, I'll just get Madden. Next years NCAA will use the new engine that's running Madden this year. Hopefully that bodes well.

As for the issues from the Amazon post, I rarely play on line, so I don't really run into some of the mentioned problems. That said, I use Operation Sports site to make adjustments to sliders and what not to get the game to play in a fashion that I like. There again, there are plenty of pain in the ass issues with the games mainly being how ridiculous the CPU defense can be at knocking down passes that they don't see and what not. Last year's NCAA was much more fun to play then Madden in my opinion. Being essentially unable to have a deep passing game just sucks. At least NCAA had set up plays.
All in all, both series would benefit greatly from competion. It's been a long time since there has been a big improvement to Madden and NCAA has fallen by the wayside a bit. It would be nice to see them start putting the effort into the football titles that they've put into NHL. As for FIFA, I couldn't care less about soccer so I can't judge the game. I have however heard nothing but good things about it fwiw.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #672: July 14, 2012, 03:55:24 AM »
Some decent steam sales going on.  $50 for the id pack that includes all the DOOM games, Quake games, and Wolfenstein 3D.

I might pick up the Portal bundle or maybe the full Valve bundle that includes Half Life and other stuff.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #673: July 14, 2012, 05:07:42 AM »
I wanted to buy Arma II

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #674: July 14, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
I'd consider it if you could transfer draft classes, but since you can't, I'll just get Madden. Next years NCAA will use the new engine that's running Madden this year. Hopefully that bodes well.

As for the issues from the Amazon post, I rarely play on line, so I don't really run into some of the mentioned problems. That said, I use Operation Sports site to make adjustments to sliders and what not to get the game to play in a fashion that I like. There again, there are plenty of pain in the ass issues with the games mainly being how ridiculous the CPU defense can be at knocking down passes that they don't see and what not. Last year's NCAA was much more fun to play then Madden in my opinion. Being essentially unable to have a deep passing game just sucks. At least NCAA had set up plays.
All in all, both series would benefit greatly from competion. It's been a long time since there has been a big improvement to Madden and NCAA has fallen by the wayside a bit. It would be nice to see them start putting the effort into the football titles that they've put into NHL. As for FIFA, I couldn't care less about soccer so I can't judge the game. I have however heard nothing but good things about it fwiw.

Totally agree about the competition. I would love to see competing NFL and NCAA games. The only NCAA competition that I can remember is Gamebreaker NCAA on the PS2. 2K actually put out a better NFL game at times. I always thought their passing system was better.