Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 41373 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #75: April 08, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
you are starting to sound like Hammonds before we signed Dunn.  we're talking about something totally different, and you volunteer out of nowhere "Dukes in AAA!" :rofl:

stop trying to call me out, what did i do?  we needed a big bat in our line-up and now we got it.  you've got an OBSESSION 8)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #76: April 08, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
I predict a minimum of two errors on the infield today simply by having Dunn at 1B instead of Nick.  I watched three throws in last night's game that would've been easy errors if we had Belly at 1B like we did last year.  No way Dunn gets those either.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #77: April 08, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
wow how original stealing images from other posters.  and i don't.  i've said before i don't care who's out there as long as they produce and win.

Catchers don't start day games following night games (unless they're on steroids like Ivan Rodriguez).
we did have paul lo duca, don't ya know 8)

MrMadison

« Reply #78: April 08, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
well good for him.  i'm not ready to write off his career after two bad games.  hopefully he makes adjustments and gets back out there.

I'm not ready to write off his CAREER yet either.

but RIGHT NOW, AT THIS VERY POINT IN TIME, he should be benched and/or sent to the Minors to improve. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #79: April 08, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »

you are starting to sound like Hammonds before we signed Dunn.  we're talking about something totally different, and you volunteer out of nowhere "Dukes in AAA!" :rofl:

Because Manny feels obligated to find AB's for him. He could start every day in AAA and get those AB's, and we keep Johnson in the lineup.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #80: April 08, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »
I'm not ready to write off his CAREER yet either.

but RIGHT NOW, AT THIS VERY POINT IN TIME, he should be benched and/or sent to the Minors to improve. 

and i agree with that.  but there are some people that blame everything on him and ready to write him off.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #81: April 08, 2009, 11:02:07 AM »
Because Manny feels obligated to find AB's for him. He could start every day in AAA and get those AB's, and we keep Johnson in the lineup.
Again, what does starting Dukes have to do with the fact that Johnson is out of the line-up?

There is no way Manny will go with a Dunn/Kearns/Willingham outfield, so I'll give a preemptive GTFOHWTS.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #82: April 08, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
and i agree with that.  but there are some people that blame everything on him and ready to write him off.

Good luck getting Lastings Milledge through waivers. I think we may have to trade low on him....

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #83: April 08, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »
Put Kearns there, or Wee Willie there and Gonzalez at 2B.
You're suggesting Kearns could move to first?  That's an interesting thought...

MrMadison

« Reply #84: April 08, 2009, 11:02:44 AM »

whose that guy on the far left of your sig? and why isn't Martis there?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #85: April 08, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »

jordan zimmermann.  i'm waiting on a pic from friday's game to put him on there, he'll take cabrera's spot, but i couldn't get any good pics of him in a nats uni.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #86: April 08, 2009, 11:03:18 AM »
Good luck getting Lastings Milledge through waivers. I think we may have to trade low on him....

Milledge doesn't have options left at age 24?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #87: April 08, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »
Again, what does starting Dukes have to do with the fact that Johnson is out of the line-up?

There is no way Manny will go with a Dunn/Kearns/Willingham outfield, so I'll give a preemptive GTFOHWTS.

Dunn, Kearns, Willingham or Dunn/Bernadina/Willingham would serve the team best at this point.

MrMadison

« Reply #88: April 08, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #89: April 08, 2009, 11:04:17 AM »
The guy on the far left is Jordan Zimmermann.

God knows why he has two crappy pitchers, a pitcher who isn't starting until later in April, and a pitcher we haven't drafted yet instead of Martis.

Offline Natskins

« Reply #90: April 08, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »
I just watched some highlights of yesterday's game. Josh Johnson looked damn good.

I'm always amazed at how the Marlins are essentially a farm team for the rest of MLB, yet they continue to churn out amazing players. Their lineup is fierce, and their pitching staff is scary. For example, we were tripping over ourselves to get our hands on Olsen, but to the Marlins, he was utterly expendable.

MrMadison

« Reply #91: April 08, 2009, 11:04:25 AM »
jordan zimmermann.  i'm waiting on a pic from friday's game to put him on there, he'll take cabrera's spot, but i couldn't get any good pics of him in a nats uni.

oh that's Double-N?  keep in mind I didn't see a single ST game. :(

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #92: April 08, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
Dunn, Kearns, Willingham or Dunn/Bernadina/Willingham would serve the team best at this point.
:rofl: Dunn/Kearns/Willingham would be the worst defensive outfield in baseball.

Bernadina?  Why do you want to give seasoning to Milledge/Dukes while calling up a guy with less experience than either of them?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #93: April 08, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »

I think he has one left.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #94: April 08, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
oh that's Double-N?  keep in mind I didn't see a single ST game. :(

he's nasty.  of course my parents went to his one start where he was sick and didn't pitch well.

The guy on the far left is Jordan Zimmermann.

God knows why he has two crappy pitchers, a pitcher who isn't starting until later in April, and a pitcher we haven't drafted yet instead of Martis.

nice try i already explained it ... jacksass.

and wow you are already writing off balester?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #95: April 08, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »

Major League Debut: May 30th, 2006.

2006, 2007, 2008 (entire season spent in Majors). If he was on the 40 man in 2005, that makes him out of options, right?

Offline blue911

« Reply #96: April 08, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »
Catchers don't start day games following night games (unless they're on steroids like Ivan Rodriguez).

Rick Eckstein could.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #97: April 08, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »
You're suggesting Kearns could move to first?  That's an interesting thought...

I meant Kearns or Willie in CF, but Kearns at 1st isn't unreasonable.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #98: April 08, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »
nice try i already explained it ... jacksass.
:lol: Easy there.  I didn't see your explanation.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #99: April 08, 2009, 11:08:04 AM »
:rofl: Dunn/Kearns/Willingham would be the worst defensive outfield in baseball.

Bernadina?  Why do you want to give seasoning to Milledge/Dukes while calling up a guy with less experience than either of them?

I understand full well the defensive ramifications of that outfield. I'd like to see it, though.

Bernadina has his crap straight right now. Dukes and Milledge don't. It's not a permanent move.

I'm just playing fantasy GM, not sure why people get angry or annoyed about that.