Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 109660 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #675: August 14, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »
I like it a lot, But I don't take it too seriously. I like that they get into stories like Osama, Deepwater, and the TEA party. I don't like that they are getting into company politics - it's wasting valuable dramatic TV time.

The one thing about the show that bothers me is that Jane Fonda is in it. I guess I'm of an age, but I really, really don't like her, for her politics when she was younger, and for the fact that she never seem to come to grips with how she behaved.

so how many of you dems like "the newsroom"? 

i have liberal friends that can't stand it.  i watched the first three episodes, going to to try and hang around for two more, but i may have to throw in the towel.  it's a damn shame b/c sorkin is very talented and jeff daniels (plus a few of the other characters) are solid ... just the agenda and unrealistic storylines (even though they are using some real events) is really bad. 

i want to like this show and continue to watch, it may just be way too hard.  thank god the cavalry is on its way (homeland/dexter/boardwalk/strike back/etc)