Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 7989 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #50: October 13, 2012, 01:31:58 AM »
freak that ump for not giving us a single outside pitch too. Jesus!

I am REALLY freaking mad at Suzuki, actually.  What the freak was he thinking calling for so many pitches away when the ump wasn't calling those as strikes!?!?!

Everything was down and away, down and away.

KURT, ARE YOU JUST INSANE!?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #51: October 13, 2012, 01:33:43 AM »
Why didn't we walk to get to Motte's spot the last inning? And for the Cardinals to go to an unprepared pinch hitter or leave Motte in to play for the tie in the 9th?

Offline GMUTrkstar

« Reply #52: October 13, 2012, 01:33:52 AM »
This is on Storen he gave up 4 er in the 9th inning of game 5 with his team up by 2. Add a late inning reluever to the offseason wish list we don't have the answer in house.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #53: October 13, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
Yeah, the excuses for Storen have got to stop.  He gave up four runs, and none of them were fluke hits.  He was blasted.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #54: October 13, 2012, 01:35:05 AM »
freak that ump for not giving us a single outside pitch too. Jesus!

Pitch track on my phone agreed with the ump I wanted him to be wrong but cant bldmd the ump tonight.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #55: October 13, 2012, 01:35:38 AM »
Agree with last three posts. Pen decisions cost the game. Especially agree w the outside call argument.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off with my comments guys. Trying to be positive. Lying in bed - cant sleep right now. Seriously, sorry.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #56: October 13, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
Yeah, the excuses for Storen have got to stop.  He gave up four runs, and none of them were fluke hits.  He was blasted.

Last night he was shaking on the mound but got the job done, pressure got to him tonight.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #57: October 13, 2012, 01:39:18 AM »

I won't make excuses for him but I won't give up on him either.

He's definitely one of our main culprits for this loss, but crap, the whole team just choked in a huge way out there.  I'd give them another chance to nut up, and if they can't, start lopping off heads.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #58: October 13, 2012, 01:40:38 AM »
Agree with last three posts. Pen decisions cost the game. Especially agree w the outside call argument.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off with my comments guys. Trying to be positive. Lying in bed - cant sleep right now. Seriously, sorry.

Lol, it's all good. Same here. Nothing better to do than be mad and vent on here. I get we're you're coming from to an extent.. but this isn't just another game. It's the biggest collapse EVER in an elimination game. Nobody will ever forget this.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #59: October 13, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
I won't make excuses for him but I won't give up on him either.

He's definitely one of our main culprits for this loss, but crap, the whole team just choked in a huge way out there.  I'd give them another chance to nut up, and if they can't, start lopping off heads.

Well yeah, he was just the last one to choke, hence why he'll be the one mainly blamed.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #60: October 13, 2012, 01:43:18 AM »
Every single one of this team's flaws was shown and exploited in this series, from Edwin being Edwin, to J-Zimm getting tired, to the shaky back end of the pen, to young players making young player mistakes, to the offense disappearing, etc, etc.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #61: October 13, 2012, 01:43:56 AM »
 Just got back from the game.  I can say I saw the epic collapse first hand.  This would be a Buckner moment only it's not the World Series....Loss is on Gio and Storen, they both crapped their pants big time.  Terrible way for the season to end....

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #62: October 13, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »

Johnson needs to ride into the sunset and collect his Social Security.  He blew it with his predictable non-moves...

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #63: October 13, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »
The Day the Flourish Died
By Big Meech

A long, long time ago
I could still remember
How Werth's walkoff used to make me smile
and I knew if I had my chance
that I could make sportsfan dance
and maybe he'd be happy for a while
but October made my shiver
with every ball outside of the zone Gio delivered
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I don't remember if I cried
when I watched Storen blow the game wide
and something touched me deep inside
the day the flourish died.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #64: October 13, 2012, 01:45:46 AM »

No need to be sorry.  Like I said in another thread, we all cope in different ways.

I think you have a really different perspective than most of us since you primarily follow Miami teams.  DC fans in recent years have come to be very gloom-and-doom because of the colossal disappointments.  The '99 Redskins choked in the playoffs, they follow it up with the most overhyped and disappointing regular season ever.  Then the Caps start choking in the playoffs on a bi-annual basis.  And for the Terps fans around here, it's still hard to talk about the 2001 Final Four.

So yeah, we've reached this level of derangement where we just lose our crap over this.  We're sick of it.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #65: October 13, 2012, 01:45:56 AM »
Oh, and WTF was with Davey goofing around and not making pitching changes when they were obviously needed? Gio should have gotten yanked much earlier than he did and Edwin should have been pulled almost immediately.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #66: October 13, 2012, 01:47:43 AM »
Oh, and WTF was with Davey goofing around and not making pitching changes when they were obviously needed? Gio should have gotten yanked much earlier than he did and Edwin should have been pulled almost immediately.

He's done that crap all season.  He trusts his guys too much.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #67: October 13, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »

Jackson should have never gone in....I didn't understand the move at all very stupid on Davey's part IMO. 

I think Edwin has probably guaranteed himself another one year contract somewhere. 

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #68: October 13, 2012, 01:50:29 AM »
"If Jordan could do it yesterday, then dang-gumbit, EDWIN and his ELECTRIFYING stuff can do it too".

-Davey Johnson.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #69: October 13, 2012, 01:54:27 AM »
Edwin is going to spend the next few years bouncing around bad teams on short term deals. Good teams will realize that he's far too inconsistent to be trusted, but pitching starved bad teams will look at his age and what will still be perceived as "upside" and give him some pretty decent money on one or two year deals.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #70: October 13, 2012, 01:56:23 AM »
Hope Edwin enjoys pitching for teams on the level of the Astros and the Cubs next year.  No serious team (AKA: The NATIONALS) should ever think about adding him to their rotation.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #71: October 13, 2012, 01:58:06 AM »
The Day the Flourish Died
By Big Meech

A long, long time ago
I could still remember
How Werth's walkoff used to make me smile
and I knew if I had my chance
that I could make sportsfan dance
and maybe he'd be happy for a while
but October made my shiver
with every ball outside of the zone Gio delivered
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I don't remember if I cried
when I watched Storen blow the game wide
and something touched me deep inside
the day the flourish died.

Best post in WNFF history.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #72: October 13, 2012, 01:58:41 AM »
Hope Edwin enjoys pitching for teams on the level of the Astros and the Cubs next year.  No serious team (AKA: The NATIONALS) should ever think about adding him to their rotation.
The Cubs are exactly where he'll end up. They need rotation filler and Theo will probably think that he'll be able to deal Edwin to a contender at the deadline if he pitches decently, like they did with Paul Maholm this year.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #73: October 13, 2012, 02:00:37 AM »
freaking done

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!
« Reply #74: October 13, 2012, 02:02:14 AM »
Thank goodness prohibition doesn't exist anymore  :asplode: