Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171511 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #175: January 25, 2012, 10:26:53 AM »
Does the team have an official Twitter hashtag?  Based on a review of the six Twitter accounts associated with the team that I'm aware of there is no consistency on whether #Nats or #Nationals is used.  This leads to mixed use by the local and national media.  I have the #Nats search bookmarked as it seems to get the most use, but that means I miss stuff posted using #Nationals.  In both cases there is often a good deal of concurrent usage of the tags, #nationals gets used quite often for a week at a time when there are national competitions, and #nats is a tweebonics term.  I'd suggest creating a new official hashtag for use by the team's accounts and suggested for use by the media and fans, something that would be unique for the team such as #NatsBB, #DCNats, or even #Nats69.

Official Team Accounts:
@Nationals - mostly #Nats one #Nationals
@NatMobile - neither
@ScreechtheEagle - a mix of both
@NationalsPR - a mix of both
@NatsTix - #Nats
@Teddy26Nats - mostly #Nats some #Nationals

Media Accounts:
@MASNNationals - mostly #Nationals some #Nats
@NatsJournal - a mix of both
@MarkZuckerman - mostly #Nats some #Nationals

The @Nationals account has started using the # District9 hash tag which sounds good except that it has already been taken by a scifi movie, can you remind the PR staff that the whole purpose of a hash tag is that it is supposed to be unique?