Author Topic: July 5: Nats to wear 1924 throwback uniforms vs Giants  (Read 9479 times)

Offline Coladar

Actually, you're wrong.  Once they put the TBTC stuff on the MLB Shop page and it doesn't sell they start slashing the prices in August.  They did it last year, they did it the year before and they'll do it this year. 

So you're saying the employee lied, they didn't sell out, and instead removed an item that was selling like hotcakes the night before to sell on the MLB shop? I can buy that MLB gets a certain amount to sell. I can likewise buy they liquidated Gray Jerseys that didn't sell after a month on the web. I don't buy they packed up every Senators throwback the next day to put on the web.

I would hope the jerseys don't sell at almost two hundred. But I can believe they sold out considering what I saw Thursday night. So that means they don't have all of those to liquidate
Clearly this is a different year with a different fanbase and a totally more popular TB jersey. I would not expect it to follow years past and go half price. Especially since the stores apparently sold out, and then MLB jacked the price up by 60 bucks. We will see, but I have my doubts these will ever go for under 70 bucks.