Author Topic: Avatar theft confession!  (Read 599 times)

AuRevoirExpos

« Topic Start: January 14, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »
OK, I have taken an executive decision.

After much soul searching I have finally stolen the avatar belonging to the member known as 'natintheuk' !!

I just checked, and the victim of this shameless cowardly crime hasn't actually posted on here since May 12th last year.

So working on the basis that since I'm here everyday in one form or another - either hanging around reading other member's thoughts or posting myself, and consequently my need is far greater than his - I have as you can see now finally kidnapped his avatar.

I've had my eye on his splendid Nats wiggly 'W' UK Union Flag avatar for some months, but I've always been expecting him to return to the forum. Well, I'm done with waiting any longer.

Of course if he ever should return, he can immediately have it back, and I'll just have to find something else.

I'm not sure how I stand legally if he returned and got nasty? But we have enough lawyers and Washington professionals on here to represent me if he ever sues claiming that since he created it he owns the intellectual property of the graphical image in question, and I am probably in breach of copyright!

Though in England we also have a saying that "possession is nine-tenths of the law" ... which squatters frequently use in court during 'squatters rights' cases to defend themselves when you get home from work and find that 3 or 4 perfect strangers have set up home in your basement, often along with their disease-riddled pets!

But for now at least, the UK Nats avatar is finally ALL MINE!!!  

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1: January 14, 2007, 03:36:32 PM »
Actually I made that avatar for him, so it's technically mine, and I say it's fine if you use it in his absence ;)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #2: January 14, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »
I speak regularly to the previous user of that avatar via MSN messenger and I'm sure he's glad somebody's using it.  He picked the Nats as his team with some of his buddies picking other teams while following American baseball.  It was a way for them to get to know the sport from over in England.  So you are probably a more deserving owner anyway since you have been following the Expos for many years.  I'll let him know you are using it next time I see him online and I'm sure there is no problem on his end.

AuRevoirExpos

« Reply #3: January 14, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »
Thanks v.much Chief & Sens2005.

You can tell him I will look after it, and treat it with all the love it deserves!

Maybe he'll even return here for the new Nats season, it might be fun for me to have a fellow insomniac Brit to chat to at 3am in the morning UK time to keep me awake during live game threads.