Author Topic: DC United  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
DC United
« Topic Start: October 20, 2006, 12:21:45 AM »
Anyone going to the playoff game against the New York Tampons?  Since the Nats and DCU will be sharing the Bob for another year, might as well share the love...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
DC United
« Reply #1: October 20, 2006, 09:23:16 AM »
Buenos suerte para el equipo de futbol desde Washington DC.  

• babble on
DC United
« Reply #2: October 28, 2006, 10:58:48 PM »
The lads are actually singin' in my section:

you're not very clean
you're not very clean
you're not very
you're not very
you're not very clean

in fact you're fuc*ing shiyte
in fact in fact
in fact in fact

• babble on
DC United
« Reply #3: October 30, 2006, 11:15:40 PM »
OK, everyone, a local team is now deep into the playoffs...and there is as much theatre in the stands as on the field, as Sens has quite accurately pointed out  :lol:

Eastern finals against New England this coming Sunday @RFK at 4 p.m...if you've never been to a DC United game, even the regular season games are an absolute circus (never mind the playoff games)...there may be some tickets left, and you could scarcely find a better way to spend a few hours.  Plus, you'll get to see your favourite beer maids and aisle ushers once again before next April!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
DC United
« Reply #4: October 30, 2006, 11:41:31 PM »
I see they made it to the semis.  Congrats... Now time for a fiesta!

• babble on
DC United
« Reply #5: October 31, 2006, 01:33:47 AM »
Ai!Ai!Ai!

Offline Dave B

DC United
« Reply #6: October 31, 2006, 10:58:13 AM »
I wish it was saturday.  It seems like quite the party scene

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
DC United
« Reply #7: November 06, 2006, 06:54:26 AM »
FINAL
REVOLUTION 1
DC UNITED 0

Tough break for the boys that share RFK, they had alot of opportunities.  It was a good run.  Better luck next year.  They have a similar dilemma as ours: their Soriano is Freddie Adu - will he return?  I doubt it.

Offline Dave B

DC United
« Reply #8: November 06, 2006, 11:03:55 AM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
FINAL
(Image removed from quote.)REVOLUTION 1
DC UNITED 0

Tough break for the boys that share RFK, they had alot of opportunities.  It was a good run.  Better luck next year.  They have a similar dilemma as ours: their Soriano is Freddie Adu - will he return?  I doubt it.

Fill me in. Where will he go? Is he good enough for Europe yet?  ANywhere but where Nowak is coaching?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
DC United
« Reply #9: November 06, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
Fill me in. Where will he go? Is he good enough for Europe yet?  ANywhere but where Nowak is coaching?
Maybe you should ask Ali the Baseball Cat...because I don't follow FUTbol.  But my understanding is that Freddie wants to play in Europe and there's apparently a good chance of that coming to fruition.  The only reason I know this is because they were asking him about it in the post-game interview.

• babble on
DC United
« Reply #10: November 07, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »
My understanding is that Freddy is contracted to MLS (and the league ultimately controls all contracts, unlike most sports...at least for now) through the end of next year, BUT "well-placed sources" all say that if some big team from across the pond comes offering to pony up some major cake for His Freddiness, he's pretty much gone.  Given that Chelsea (Chelski) recently paid something on the order of 58 million pounds (whatever that is these days...over 100 million bucks, anyways) to AC Milan to transfer the Ukrainian star Andriy Shevschenko (not including his actual salary of something on the order of 2+ million dollars a month), the sums involved in a potential Freddy trade coule be potentially quite scary.  Considering that DC United's awesome goaltender, Troy Perkins, got paid something like 29,000 dollars last year, there is a clearly a vast gulf between the bucks here and the bucks 'over there.'  Adu made something like 600,000 dollars this year, which is peanuts by the standards of most big pro sports, but which is big money in MLS.  As a fan, I hope he stays another year, but...??  But regardless, he will ultimately go play for some big European club soon, and will hopefully play for the U.S. national team in the 2010 World Cup.