Author Topic: Senators2005 in Twins Territory  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Senators2005 in Twins Territory
« Topic Start: August 19, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »
Hey everybody and greetings from Minneapolis!  Gonna be over here until Wednesday.  Caught the Twins vs. ChiSox game tonight and had a blast - the stadium was near capacity at 43,000.  Good people up here...even though they stole our old baseball club.   :wink:   Speaking of which I saw a few fans wearing Harmon Killebrew Jerseys...found that to be pretty cool.

I was in my Nats Away Jersey and received comments from Twins fans - all positive.  Was a really good game last night and will be at the game tonight.  They will be tied for the AL wild card if they can beat the White Sox again this evening.

Kept peeking at the other game scoreboard and watched the Nats beating Phillie.  Was happy to know that Armas & Cordero were able to pull this one out.  Having a really great time up here but miss my Nats...and miss RFK.   :cry:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #1: August 19, 2006, 01:52:13 AM »
Oh man, what a pounding we gave them tonight!  Minneapolis is a great city, glad youre enjoying yourself.

gozimm

« Reply #2: August 19, 2006, 03:07:18 AM »
Why are you in Minnesota?  I have relatives up there.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #3: August 19, 2006, 03:11:12 AM »
Quote from: "gozimm"
Why are you in Minnesota?  I have relatives up there.
Bussiness conference this weekend.  I have no relatives here.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #4: August 20, 2006, 08:36:13 AM »
Yuck guys!  Saturday's game I had to hide my Curly-W hat in the MetroDome after I saw it was 8-0 back home...then it just went from bad to worse!   :x

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #5: August 21, 2006, 06:43:04 AM »
Hey guys,

Listened to the final 4 innings of Sunday's Nats game from the hotel on XM radio.  Sorry I couldn't join the game day thread...the wife had the laptop.  Really cool rally at the end...but just wasn't enough.

Ya know?  I can't remember the last time Damian Jackson has done anything for this team worth a damn...but yesterday took the cake.  What a useless turd he is.  What was that freakin 4 errors in one game?  Come on Frank...let him go.  DJ is becoming the new Joey Eischen.  A charity case.  :roll:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: August 21, 2006, 08:00:25 AM »
I got up to some Twins matches back in 1997 (including Kirby Puckett's number retirement ceremony)...as domes go it's not bad, conveniently located, good sightlines, decent concessions (including, at least at that time, Grain Belt beer, a much-missed treat from university days).

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: August 21, 2006, 10:02:28 AM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Hey guys,

Listened to the final 4 innings of Sunday's Nats game from the hotel on XM radio.  Sorry I couldn't join the game day thread...the wife had the laptop.  Really cool rally at the end...but just wasn't enough.

Ya know?  I can't remember the last time Damian Jackson has done anything for this team worth a damn...but yesterday took the cake.  What a useless turd he is.  What was that freakin 4 errors in one game?  Come on Frank...let him go.  DJ is becoming the new Joey Eischen.  A charity case.  :roll:

The Sens2005 seats in Section 133 at CBP truly lived up to the billing - great seats, great ballpark, not-so-great game, but what the hell.  Quite a few fellow Nats fans (and a couple of Expos jerseys in the crowd as well).  Crowd was for the most part pretty hospitable.  I'm almost glad that pressing business made us drive back to DC & miss the Sunday game, as I probably would have lost me mind if I had been forced to watch the 8th inning in person.

Offline El Kabong

« Reply #8: August 21, 2006, 08:38:55 PM »
Do the Nats plan to take on the Al Central next season?  I look forward to taping the first Nats/Twins game as it's the first matchup between the Nats and the old Senators.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #9: August 22, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
Heard Monday's game with the Fish on XM.  Maybe I'll stay here.   :?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #10: August 22, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »
Quote from: "El Kabong"
Do the Nats plan to take on the Al Central next season?  I look forward to taping the first Nats/Twins game as it's the first matchup between the Nats and the old Senators.

If things go according to the regular sequence we should be playing the Central - we played mostly the West in 2005 and the East this season (not sure which ones would be at RFK and which ones would be away though).

ChestRockwell

« Reply #11: August 22, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »
:|