Author Topic: Twins fire GM Terry Ryan  (Read 1287 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Twins fire GM Terry Ryan
« Topic Start: September 13, 2007, 01:51:55 PM »
Just heard it on XM while out for lunch.  This is a stunner, few GM's have done more with less.  Stupid, just stupid on the part of the Twins.

Offline Dave B

Re: Twins fire GM Terry Ryan
« Reply #1: September 13, 2007, 02:26:42 PM »
ack. what is that avatar? that blows away nasa chick

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: September 13, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »

Karen Burton, one of the more senior members of the West Virginia 6 charged with the rape, kidnapping, torture, etc of the black woman in the shed out behind the trailer.

Thought I'd put it up in honor of West Virginia's visit to College Park tonight, in case anybody was on the fence as to who to root for.  Do you like my new avi?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #3: September 13, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »
Just heard it on XM while out for lunch.  This is a stunner, few GM's have done more with less.  Stupid, just stupid on the part of the Twins.

It's because he kept playing Ortiz and Ponson instead of Scott Baker and Matt Garza, moves like that.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: September 13, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »
It's because he kept playing Ortiz and Ponson instead of Scott Baker and Matt Garza, moves like that.

I went over to the Twins board, and there has been a lot of dissatisfaction with his performance recently.  THe trading of Castillo, which was deeply unpopular with the team itself, seems to have been the most recent move everybody hated.  I should probably withhold judgement pending actually knowing something about the situation. 

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #5: September 13, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
I went over to the Twins board, and there has been a lot of dissatisfaction with his performance recently.  THe trading of Castillo, which was deeply unpopular with the team itself, seems to have been the most recent move everybody hated.  I should probably withhold judgement pending actually knowing something about the situation. 

I consider Castillo to be a marginal offensive player - but messing with team chemistry is not smart. Maybe they want Lopez in the offseason?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #6: September 13, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »

At first sight I thought it was Steve Perry after a Journey concert :lol:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #7: September 13, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
Karen Burton, one of the more senior members of the West Virginia 6 charged with the rape, kidnapping, torture, etc of the black woman in the shed out behind the trailer.

Thought I'd put it up in honor of West Virginia's visit to College Park tonight, in case anybody was on the fence as to who to root for.  Do you like my new avi?

I guess it is generally a good idea if you are not part of anything named (insert town/state here) (insert number here). 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #8: September 13, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »
I consider Castillo to be a marginal offensive player - but messing with team chemistry is not smart. Maybe they want Lopez in the offseason?

Apparently they just about gave him away, and it signaled to the team that management had thrown in the towel on the season.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: September 13, 2007, 03:30:23 PM »
Apparently they just about gave him away, and it signaled to the team that management had thrown in the towel on the season.

Yikes. At least they didn't trade Rajai Davis straight up for Matt Morris and pick up Cesar Izturis for no discernable reason . . .