Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 117986 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #25: December 16, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »
:( Definitely not Natitude. :(

Quote from: Mark_Lerner
Speaking of teams with new, state-of-the-art facilities, I headed over to Dallas Cowboys Stadium early this morning for a behind-the-scenes tour. I think “wow” is a good word to describe the experience, but since they do everything big in Texas, I’ll go with “WOW and WOW!” It really is quite a facility and the scoreboard is just awe-inspiring. Now I know why all the sideline shots during Cowboys games always feature players looking straight up.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #26: December 16, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »
Natitude is when your ballclub reaches their primary objective without ever hitting the .500 mark for a season!

god i am sick to my stomach after reading that quote.

just awful.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: December 16, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
god i am sick to my stomach after reading that quote.

just awful.

True dat.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: December 16, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
Quote from Mark Lerner
While free agents and trade rumors will be floating all over the internet for the next few months as we approach Spring Training, just remember that we have already achieved our primary objective from when we gained control of the club in 2006; we wanted to Fleece the DC market's fanbase to further enrich ourselves have a steady pipeline of impactful talent spread throughout our Minor League system because we felt strongly about the fact that this is the best method to sustain success.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #29: December 16, 2011, 07:31:53 PM »
hahahahahahaha here's this gem from '09 ...

Quote from: Mark Lerner
We also wanted to thank fans for their patience and let them know how much we appreciate them. I have heard from fans who were very pleased to hear directly from the organization. It's important that fans know not just what we do, but also how we feel. There is nothing that steams me more than having words put in my mouth.

Often the media will try to describe what we are thinking or feeling or project our intent. These are merely "guesses," at best. We respect our fans enough to let them hear it from us directly.

The ownership of the Nationals absolutely loves the game, loves the Nationals, and loves Washington, D.C. We want our fans to know that.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #30: December 16, 2011, 07:35:50 PM »
more gold ...

MLB.com: There has been some criticism that the Lerners are tough negotiators who may be tight with a dollar. What are your feelings on this?

Lerner: I am quite proud of our business practices. In fact, one of the reasons MLB said they selected our ownership group was because they thought we would be the group most effective at holding the contract on the stadium to schedule and budget. The Commissioner has said he believes we understand that the most effective way to build a franchise is through prudent investment, not buying sprees that damage the parity of all baseball.

I'm proud that my father and my brothers-in-law have a reputation for hard work and the pursuit of excellence. I guarantee that if you know our historic work product, you will see that we do not cheat or compromise quality. We pay attention to detail. We demand accountability from ourselves and from the people who work for us. Because we do not cut corners, some critics think we're uncompromising. That is not a criticism, as far as I'm concerned. The end product will be the best in the game. That's our goal. We believe our hometown and our fans deserve nothing less than the strongest and the best.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #31: December 16, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »
hahahahahahaha here's this gem from '09 ...

Shooting fish in a barrel.  Pulling out old Mark Lerner quotes is too easy, the references to the great work of the dream foundation being a top priority, not taking any profits out of the team for 10 years, running the team as a civic duty, and best of all bragging about being the most active team of the off-season based on the failed Tex bid.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #32: December 16, 2011, 07:39:23 PM »
We respect our fans enough to let them hear it from us directly.

you will see that we do not cheat or compromise quality

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #33: December 16, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »

The Commissioner has said he believes we understand that the most effective way to build a franchise is through prudent investment, not buying sprees that damage the parity of all baseball.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: December 16, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »
they are committing a crime. 

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #35: December 16, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »
i like werth.  i think he's going to be good this year.

go away.
Good to know. I still like Werth. Like the signing.

Just saying if I'm not allowed to complain if someone like Peacock/Detwiler does badly you can't ever complaint after Werth or another free agent player struggles.

The world doesn't have to black and white, but you're painting it that way.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #36: December 16, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »
Good to know. I still like Werth. Like the signing.

Just saying if I'm not allowed to complain if someone like Peacock/Detwiler does badly you can't ever complaint after Werth or another free agent player struggles.

The world doesn't have to black and white, but you're painting it that way.

ummm okay.  LANC/SSS continues to make excuses for the Lerners/Rizzo/etc. 

they deserve to be blasted for not adding to this roster.  don't know how you can't see that. 

this thread is for us to vent about natitude ... let us vent. 

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #37: December 16, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »
I will say the existance of Adam LaRoche challenges my positive feelings about this franchise.

He sucks. He'd have to have an amazing bounce back season to make that signing look not completely idiotic.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #38: December 16, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
Seeing LaRoche listed as a possible starter makes me sad. And angry

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #39: December 16, 2011, 07:57:08 PM »
Seeing LaRoche listed as a possible starter makes me sad. And angry

there is a prince available to help solve our problems 8)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #40: December 16, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »
The number 1 need on this team is a table setter. The Nats should have been more adamant in their pursuit of Jose Reyes. And if Desmond is such a desirable property, they should have been able to flip him for value.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #41: December 16, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
The number 1 need on this team is a table setter. The Nats should have been more adamant in their pursuit of Jose Reyes. And if Desmond is such a desirable property, they should have been able to flip him for value.

Didn't JimBo tweet that teams weren't interested in Desmond?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #42: December 16, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
Didn't JimBo tweet that teams weren't interested in Desmond?

i think teams are interested but not as the front piece.  the nats think he's a hefty price piece in a package, where i'm sure other teams are like you can't market your trade offer around him. 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #43: December 16, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
and even though davey wants him up here, i doubt harper makes the team out of camp.

damn i forgot davey is still manager.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #44: December 16, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
damn i forgot davey is still manager.

one of the only positive moves we made in the offseason.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #45: December 16, 2011, 08:52:51 PM »
i would say it's more neutral than positive or negative. it's not like it was a great move or anything

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #46: December 16, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
i would say it's more neutral than positive or negative. it's not like it was a great move or anything

yeah manager who ranks top 10 in mlb history in winning percentage. 

it was a great move, he's a good manager.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #47: December 16, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
mike cameron -1.1 WAR ... our FA star CF!

It will be considered trolling to post a comment about advanced statistics. 

hammondsnats . . .

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #48: December 16, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »
:( Definitely not Natitude. :(

I now hate Mark Lerner more than I did before.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #49: December 16, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
hammondsnats . . .

(Image removed from quote.)

you didn't let me finish my point ... it's because we like signing cheap players!

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP