Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 117975 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #50: December 16, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
you didn't let me finish my point ... it's because we like signing cheap players!

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

You still posted an advanced stat.  BANNED!  ;)

Though I do agree with you that Mike Cameron = DO NOT WANT.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #51: December 16, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
Natitude is the willingness to go hard to sign first round draft picks, but the complete inability to judge free agent talent.

And a love for locker room beef.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #52: December 16, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »
The number 1 need on this team is a table setter. The Nats should have been more adamant in their pursuit of Jose Reyes. And if Desmond is such a desirable property, they should have been able to flip him for value.

Agreed. Jose Reyes was probably the best move this team could've made based on our needs but we didn't even go after him. That would've solved our leadoff problem and given us a competent shortstop. Oh well :(

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #53: December 17, 2011, 07:16:11 AM »
Natitude is putting up statues of the three greatest players in the history of the city and then having the only living one make appearances for the local independent league team.  Pure unadulterated Natitude is having the local independent league team do a better job of winter marketing.

http://districtsportspage.com/meet-and-greet-with-frank-hondo-howard/2970

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #54: December 17, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »
The focus of this thread is on bashing ownership and management for a complete lack of offseason moves.  It will be considered trolling to post a comment about advanced statistics.  It will be assumed that the team will have a budget somewhere in the $45 - $55 MM range, so "sign anybody" will be assumed to be trolling too.  Posts should be focused on discussion of missed opportunities, worthless trades, and other general unfounded attacks on the old man who can easily afford to have us all disappear under a major construction site.  Comments on various players and how they prefer to play for any other MLB team will be welcome, especially if they focus on their baseball abilities and general common sense.

If you want to substantive dialog, then please post in the Ballpark Guys forum.

Wow. This is just plain strange. And kind of scary. Just stay away from sharp cutlery.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #55: December 17, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
oh no

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #56: December 17, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
The focus of this thread is on bashing ownership and management for a complete lack of offseason moves.  It will be considered trolling to post a comment about advanced statistics.  It will be assumed that the team will have a budget somewhere in the $45 - $55 MM range, so "sign anybody" will be assumed to be trolling too.  Posts should be focused on discussion of missed opportunities, worthless trades, and other general unfounded attacks on the old man who can easily afford to have us all disappear under a major construction site.  Comments on various players and how they prefer to play for any other MLB team will be welcome, especially if they focus on their baseball abilities and general common sense.

If you want to substantive dialog, then please post in the Ballpark Guys forum.

:lmao:  Nice job

Wow. This is just plain strange. And kind of scary. Just stay away from sharp cutlery.

BiL - please see the first post in this thread from several days ago. 
http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=25368.0

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #57: December 17, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »
Warning: Too much sunshine is harmful to your "sanity"  :clap:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59: December 17, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
Natitude is just  a state of mind, sort of like Margaritaville, but much closer McMurphy's world-view after his "operation" at the end of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."  Time for The Chief to step up.

[edit - "operation" = lobotomy]

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #60: December 17, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »
I do what now?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #61: December 17, 2011, 04:36:03 PM »
:lmao:  I think he meant this.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #62: December 17, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »
:lmao:  I think he meant this.

(Image removed from quote.)

What a classic movie !    "Dunk it Chief !!"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #63: December 17, 2011, 04:52:51 PM »
LAC > LANC

Offline 24 Nats

« Reply #64: December 17, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
.....drawing the A, K, Q, J of diamonds in 5 card draw.....and standing pat.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #65: December 17, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »
.....drawing the A, K, Q, J of diamonds in 5 card draw.....and standing pat.

Ace king high isn't a bad hand, i'd bet that out of 161 rounds that hand could win up to 80.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #66: December 17, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »
new one ...

won't bid $2.5+ million for Opening Day CF, stick with 4th OF/AAAA options ... because they are cheap

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #67: December 17, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »
Kenz on fire tonight:

Kenz_aFan 
On the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th day of Christmas, the #Nats gave to me.... #nothing again
22 minutes ago

Kenz_aFan 
TRUE, TRUE, TRUE "@JackoBeam: If you ever need a reminder about what it's like to do nothing, check out the #Nats offseason. #MLB"
47 minutes ago

Kenz_aFan   
@NotRizzo #Nats need another 1B like they need hole in the head. 22 potential All-Stars don't come cheap. In Rizzo's case #thefarmaintenough
49 minutes ago

Kenz_aFan 
So far this Hot Stove season the #Nats have gone from 3rd to 4th #thankgod4mets Blowning chances to take major steps upward means #rizzocant
54 minutes ago

Kenz_aFan 
As winter plugs along, Nats fans are learning 2 things 1) Lerner's aren't about winning 2) Mike Rizzo isn't the genius they thought he was
2 hours ago

Kenz_aFan 
A lowball $2.5 million bid for Norichika Aoki gets the prized CF'er. Sounds like the Frugals, Er, I mean Lerners and the Nats won the bid
10 hours ago

Kenz_aFan 
Dear Mike Rizzo, I'm sick of all the #Nats rumors regarding this or that pitcher. Get you ass working on getting an f'ing LEADOFF HITTER!

Offline Bloo

« Reply #68: December 17, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
Natitude. How bout Thunder Gnats are on the move, Thunder Gnats are loose. Feel the gnawing, hear the flight, Thunder Gnats are loose. Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, ThunderGnats! Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, ThunderGnats!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #69: December 18, 2011, 12:03:39 AM »
Fleecing the DC market's fanbase is all good and well, but might as well fleece DC taxpayers while at it. 

Quote from Mark Lerner

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #70: December 18, 2011, 08:17:20 AM »
I've almost got the Natitude random generator ready to go.  Keep these zingers coming people, we need MOARZ LOFFZ.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71: December 18, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »
I just cannot believe what a futz up they pulled with Aoki.  This was one of those cases where you put in a $5MM bid just to prevent the Mets or Braves from stealing him.   

I differ with a few of you that say this is simply a case of LAC.  This is more Nats are incompetent than cheap.  Essentially, this guy's negotiating rights sold for 1/2 a WAR.  Does anyone not think he's a half a win upgrade over Bernie?  This guy would have been a cheap starter.  Sure, take Nippon Baseball stats with a grain of salt, and there was a drop off last year, but he is not old and Japanese baseball is still better than AAA.  Even Akinori Iwamura had 2 good years with the Rays before injuries that accompany age led to a decline (kicked to the curb too by Zorilla :az: ).  This would have been cheap, so I don't think LAC is the right word.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #73: December 18, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »
I differ with a few of you that say this is simply a case of LAC.  This is more Nats are incompetent than cheap.

+1

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #74: December 18, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
My conspiracy theory is the cheap was ending when they signed the albatross, but he blew up in their faces and now they don't trust the baseball people to make high dollar signings