Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 117981 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #150: December 21, 2011, 09:33:14 PM »
You know that Rizzo or someone in the front office told Boz to write this in an attempt to embarrass the owners. Doubt they'll change though

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #151: December 21, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »
You know that Rizzo or someone in the front office told Boz to write this in an attempt to embarrass the owners. Doubt they'll change though

The same owners that fielded the 2008 team, didn't pay rent for months, continually look like clowns, have Mark freaking Lerner, the definition of a clueless assrag goodfornothing shouldhavebeenablowjob daddy's money azzclown as the face of the team?  They have no shame.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #152: December 21, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
The problems with that idea are 1) more than half of the STH base has already done so, dropping as low as it's going to go and 2) the Nats depend more on the Red Loft party scene, the kids zone, and visiting fans than they do on local die hards who actively follow the offseason moves.

Yep, same old crap. They will feel no pain, just more cash influx into their already rich bank accounts.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #153: December 21, 2011, 09:38:29 PM »
Think about this for a second - they bought a team in a town filled to the gills with people either not from here that have settled here without a team or that are only here for a few months/years and already have a team.  They don't care 'cause they're going to get your money thanks to MLB giving them a money printing machine.  Accept it or find a new team (just not the Marlins).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #154: December 21, 2011, 09:40:10 PM »
The same owners that fielded the 2008 team, didn't pay rent for months, continually look like clowns, have Mark freaking Lerner, the definition of a clueless assrag goodfornothing shouldhavebeenablowjob daddy's money azzclown as the face of the team?  They have no shame.

Public adulation means nothing to these guys, unlike many sports franchise owners who buy teams as an vanity item, the Lerner family figured out how to game the system to siphon cash out of MLB and the District.  These guys have perfected the Pollin system better than that other cheap bastard ever dreamed.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #155: December 21, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »
Yep.  You think Rizzo might have given him some inside info that made Boz change his tune?  Sure sounds like it.  My guess is Rizzo or someone else basically called and told him that the FO wanted to make moves but they were vetoed. 

Yes, I read this between the lines.  Somebody's frustrated enought to let Boz know what's going on.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #156: December 21, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »
One serious hole in Boz's argument is that the MASN deal hasn't been rewritten yet. Counting that money as guaranteed is a serious mindfact.

Beyond that, if no one else is signed this offseason, I will be pissed.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #157: December 21, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »

Nice of you to give yourself an out when we sign Johnny McLameass for more ST fodder.

Yes, I read this between the lines.  Somebody's frustrated enought to let Boz know what's going on.

The problem here is if it's Rizzo he was a fool to take the gig to begin with given who the Lerners are and will always be. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #158: December 21, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »
One serious hole in Boz's argument is that the MASN deal hasn't been rewritten yet. Counting that money as guaranteed is a serious mindfact.

Don't worry, Rizzo will sign someone to get us back up to last year's payroll, possibly even a few percentage points above that level, so you will be able to jock them for another year.

Offline PC

« Reply #159: December 21, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
Rizzo should quit.  If I'm the GM of a team and constantly having my plans for improving the team vetoed, I'm going to quit and sing like a canary the every reporter I can.

If he's worried about getting another job, the actions of the Lerners aren't making him look very good as an executive.  So he's not losing that much.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #160: December 21, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »

Maybe so, but one thing that the old man hates as much as spending money is loose lips, non-disclosure clauses are required for all levels of employees, so you can bet that more attention will be spent over the next few days on trying to plug the leak than on reviewing trade options.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #161: December 21, 2011, 09:46:47 PM »
Rizzo should quit.  If I'm the GM of a team and constantly having my plans for improving the team vetoed, I'm going to quit and sing like a canary the every reporter I can.

I see that you've never signed a NDA. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #162: December 21, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »
No compete clauses plus confidentiality agreements will likely keep him shut up for a few years.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #163: December 21, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

The problem here is if it's Rizzo he was a fool to take the gig to begin with given who the Lerners are and will always be.

No, I don't think anyone is a fool for taking a tough job.  Ok, maybe the Baltimore job, but still.

If people see he's delivering given limited resources he'll still have career options once this job wears thin.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #164: December 21, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »
Just to clarify before Hammonds starts jocking my crap - I have always felt the Lerners were clueless assclowns that knew a cashcow when they saw it.  They are the definition of incompetent.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #165: December 21, 2011, 09:48:17 PM »

If he's worried about getting another job, the actions of the Lerners aren't making him look very good as an executive.  So he's not losing that much.

Sounds nice, but not too many people walk away from their paychecks.  Rizzo would certainly be hired elsewhere, but how many GM positions are available right now?  And scouting jobs don't pay half as much.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #166: December 21, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »

GM jobs don't come open very often, you don't turn them down.

Offline PC

« Reply #167: December 21, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »
No, I don't think anyone is a fool for taking a tough job.  Ok, maybe the Baltimore job, but still.

If people see he's delivering given limited resources he'll still have career options once this job wears thin.

But he's not delivering and he's not going to be delivering. This team is very unlikely to get much better under this kind of management.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #168: December 21, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #169: December 21, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

I never said he wouldn't, I only said he was a fool to expect a leopard to change its spots.  There are tough jobs and there are jobs you take knowing the situation isn't going to change but it's a paycheck or a step to something better.  If the Boz is fired up due to Rizzo whining about something he knew was going to happen Rizzo should either give up on things changing (not likely) or find another GM position (equally unlikely).  He knew who the Lerners were and what the job was going to entail before he took it.  That he's looking like a clown now that the Lerners have shown him (again) what they really are (completely incompetent) is on him.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #170: December 21, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
Nice of you to give yourself an out when we sign Johnny McLameass for more ST fodder.

You know what I mean: Cespedes, someone of that caliber.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #171: December 21, 2011, 09:52:19 PM »
You know what I mean: Cespedes, someone of that caliber.

You didn't clarify, but it's irrelevant anyway - they aren't going to sign anyone except the usual over-the-hill gang (Cameron, Pudge) and neverweres (ST fodder).

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #172: December 21, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »

If there's one way to freak up your career, it's whining about your former bosses to the media.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #173: December 21, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
But he's not delivering and he's not going to be delivering. This team is very unlikely to get much better under this kind of management.

2 straight years of 10 game improvement is delivering.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #174: December 21, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
Waiting for Phil Wood's response.

Quote from: Phil Wood
I also wrote recently that, in my opinion, it's silly to attach the "cheap" charge to the Nationals inasmuch as no one really knows how much any team spends on player development. Simply looking at the big league player payroll is only part of the picture. Someone wrote in suggesting that most clubs probably spend about the same amount on player development. All I know is this: I've spoken with dozens of big league scouts over the past 3 decades, most of whom have worked for multiple clubs. I'll respect their confidences, but I can say many have described wide disparities in player development expenditures from one franchise to another. None quoted specific figures, but they could tell simply through observation.

http://www.masnsports.com/phil_wood/2011/12/some-followups.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter