Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 117976 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #100: December 19, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
He invalidated that though when he said the financials will never be open for public review, though.

But how cool would it be if the Nats statements were leaked as other teams' statements were to Deadspin?

Especially if other teams were leaked as well, one could do all sorts of comparisons and analysis to get at exactly how, and to what extent, the Lerners are pulling money out of the club vs reinvesting in the future, or paying off the past (debt).

I'd be all over that sort of info.    :twisted:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #101: December 19, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
:lmao:  Wood is the latest addition to the Lerner shill mob.

Feel Wood has redefined the term "brown noser". He makes Baghdad Bob look reasonable. 

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #102: December 19, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »
One day I'd love to read a comment from Woods referencing message board posts as something other than garbage, that might even help me remember how to spell his name.  But I don't see that happening, dude is a shill for the team and a douche to anyone who calls in with an opinion counter to his.

:clap:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #103: December 19, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »
He invalidated that though when he said the financials will never be open for public review, though.

His point is difficult to verify, but not necessarily invalid, we all know that it is a load of crap, but he can keep putting out that same smug attitude that he has the inside info on the true story so that we fans are not qualified to comment.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #104: December 19, 2011, 10:39:58 AM »
I agree, the Tampa reference is a red herring to point out that it is possible to build a good team without a high major league payroll, while that is true I'm not buying the idea that this ownership group is building the infrastructure necessary to pull that off.  Standard Natitude bullcrap, claiming that there is hidden spending going on behind the scenes; these are the same clowns who weren't paying their scouts expense reports on time.

Yeah, I agree.  The Rays are in a class by themselves.  I can't see the Lerners giving a $15 mil extension to a non-Strasburg pitcher after only 20 innings.  They haven't even done it for JZ yet.

It's possible to do it on a shoestring budget, it's just not very easy to do and requires its own brand of risk-taking.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #105: December 19, 2011, 10:45:06 AM »
But how cool would it be if the Nats statements were leaked as other teams' statements were to Deadspin?

Especially if other teams were leaked as well, one could do all sorts of comparisons and analysis to get at exactly how, and to what extent, the Lerners are pulling money out of the club vs reinvesting in the future, or paying off the past (debt).

How freaked were the Lerners when those leaks were going on?  Lerner would cut off a pinkie toe before volunteering to give out private financial statements.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #106: December 19, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »
Let's assume Wood is right and say that the farm requires a substantial amount of money to run.  Is he trying to imply that the Nats are spending more than the 29 other teams in MLB on their minor leagues and scouting?  I'd really like to know what his point is with that statement.
Outside of the draft bonuses, I'd bet that each MLB team spends roughly the same as every other MLB team on player development - within 10% of the average. What are you going to do, overpay your roving minor league hitting instructor?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #107: December 19, 2011, 11:01:28 AM »
What are you going to do, overpay your roving minor league hitting instructor?

That's actually one of the things the rays did

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #108: December 19, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
Feel Wood has redefined the term "brown noser". He makes Baghdad Bob look reasonable. 

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #109: December 19, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »
Berkley
I still use my "I now inform you that you are too far from reality" mouse pad at work. 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #110: December 19, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »

That's actually one of the things the rays did

But, how much does that actually cost you?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #111: December 19, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
i hope natitude means winning soon

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #112: December 19, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »

How fast would the cease and desist letter leave the offices of 1500 South Capitol Street on its way to Deadspin?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #113: December 19, 2011, 11:44:10 AM »
How fast would the cease and desist letter leave the offices of 1500 South Capitol Street on its way to Deadspin?

Probably not much longer than the first amendment's a nag reply

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #114: December 19, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
i hope natitude means winning soon

Based on what my daughter has been working on in school, those are what they call antonyms.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #115: December 19, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
Probably not much longer than the first amendment's a nag reply

I have no doubt they'd try to sue anyways.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #116: December 19, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
BerkleyI still use my "I now inform you that you are too far from reality" mouse pad at work. 

:thumbs:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #117: December 19, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »

:shrug:

Not sure it would matter.  Deadspin's still got the other heist posted and available for download.  Apparently whatever they did isn't so easily negated.

Plus, once the cat is out of the bag, can't get it back in.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #118: December 21, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »
Natitude is nagging about the team on the internet on a daily basis, then getting excited like a kid when a letter arrives from the team and pining the schedule that came with the Christmas card up on my desk at work.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #119: December 21, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Natitude is nagging about the team on the internet on a daily basis, then getting excited like a kid when a letter arrives from the team and pining the schedule that came with the Christmas card up on my desk as well.

Yep!

I'm counting down the days in my head till pitchers and catchers report.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #120: December 21, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »
Natitude is nagging about the team on the internet on a daily basis, then getting excited like a kid when a letter arrives from the team and pining the schedule that came with the Christmas card up on my desk as well.

You do that too?

:lol:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #121: December 21, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »
need to talk to my ticket rep soon.  hope we make some moves though. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #122: December 21, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
Natitude is watching this about 10 times today

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=18803031&c_id=mlb

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #123: December 21, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
I'm thinking on HRs there should be 3 blasts of the subhorn and then Bustin' Loose.  Too much subhorn takes away from Bustin Loose.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #124: December 21, 2011, 12:23:07 PM »
I'm thinking on HRs there should be 3 blasts of the subhorn and then Bustin' Loose.  Too much subhorn takes away from Bustin Loose.

I still love the subhorn.

Hope it makes a return in 2012.