Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417435 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1625: June 27, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »
Great group here both on the board and at the Park.  Welcome all!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1626: June 27, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
which reminds me, why did it take so long to finish the damn death star 1.0?  This thing was well under way at the end of Star Wars III.  Vader and the Emperor are looking at it near the end.  Then you get to episode IV, a New Hope, and the damn thing is only just getting operational!  I'm thinking the mob must have had too many no show workers on the payroll.

:lmao:  I never even thought of that.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #1627: June 27, 2011, 05:31:46 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've been in Texas now since 2006. I ran a blog during the blogosphere hayday called All About The Nationals. The Nationals community has always been great and I'm glad to finally be on the board. Registration was locked for the longest time, but recently I gave it another go. Looks like I got through.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1628: June 27, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
Welcome BrandonK. Seems early on there were a proliferation of blogs.  Many bloggers also post here with thoughts that are less than full blog posts or with shortened versions of their analyses.  Boards work well for me when I take the time to compose a post or new thread.  I've done less analytical stuff this year than in the past.  This allows for the occasional thought piece and is great for exchanging taunts ideas.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #1629: June 27, 2011, 09:38:56 PM »
Welcome BrandonK. Seems early on there were a proliferation of blogs.  Many bloggers also post here with thoughts that are less than full blog posts or with shortened versions of their analyses.  Boards work well for me when I take the time to compose a post or new thread.  I've done less analytical stuff this year than in the past.  This allows for the occasional thought piece and is great for exchanging taunts ideas.

Exactly! I just got tied up and I wasn't that great of a writer haha.

Also got way too much into stats; not a healthy obsession at all. I was trying to match up datatbases' to run MLE comparisons and all that jazz... I probably won't post much on here, but I love lurking.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #1630: June 27, 2011, 10:54:55 PM »
Hi all.  I've enjoyed lurking on these boards for a few months now and thought I'd finally join in the fun a bit.  As for an introduction, as you can guess from my name, I think Michael Morse is the man.  I can't wait for 2.5 years from now he is named World Series MVP after we sweep the Yanks! 

Offline Obmuj001

« Reply #1631: June 27, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »
Helllloooo Nats Nation, native washingtonia riding the hometeam trains.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #1632: June 28, 2011, 04:49:09 AM »

:lmao:  I never even thought of that.

I think per the expanded universe there was a prototype Death Star. My best guess is that's what we see at the end of RotS.

Offline Lumbee09

« Reply #1633: June 28, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »
Hey fellow Nats fans! Never knew there was a forum of so many Nationals fans. Happy to be aboard!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1634: June 28, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Welcome aboard.`

Offline NavinNat

« Reply #1635: June 28, 2011, 12:18:37 PM »
Hello all, big fan since prior to Day 1 when I was shopping in the trailer in the parking lot at RFK for Christmas '04 presents.  Been lurking for a while.  Great Forum, looking forward to participating.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1636: June 28, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Hello all, big fan since prior to Day 1 when I was shopping in the trailer in the parking lot at RFK for Christmas '04 presents.  Been lurking for a while.  Great Forum, looking forward to participating.

Wow, the trailer, I had forgotten about that.  Crazy times.

Welcome, look forward to hearing more from you.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1637: June 28, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »

Oh yeah ... the trailers.    Welcome.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1638: June 28, 2011, 09:58:49 PM »
AH YES! I REMEMBER IT WELL!

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1639: June 29, 2011, 01:50:46 AM »
I kind of introduced myself in the game thread.

But I grew up in upstate South Carolina unfortunately in the heart of Braves country. Can't stand them, and was a supporter of the Cubs and Reds (2 teams my dad liked) but really was just a baseball fan in general (greatest game ever invented IMO).

However when the Nationals moved to DC I just fell in love. I loved the prospect of cheering on a new team from day 1 (even though they moved from Montreal). So I've been a fan of the Nats since the move in 05, and buy MLB Extra Innings and MLB Gameday audio every year so I can watch or listen via Charlie and Dave no matter where I am.

I'm now a sophomore at the University of Kentucky (which is the heart of Reds country, but much more bearable than Braves). I love it up there and represent the Curly W with pride. Go Nats!

Also I got to go to my first game at Nationals Park last week against the Mariners and finally decided to sign up for WNFF after lurking for the better part of 2 and a half seasons.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1640: June 29, 2011, 05:44:54 AM »
Also I got to go to my first game at Nationals Park last week against the Mariners and finally decided to sign up for WNFF after lurking for the better part of 2 and a half seasons.

Welcome to the board!  :thumbs:

Offline PterodactylKev

• you've been Clipped!
« Reply #1641: June 29, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »
Hello all!  I'm a huge Nats fan and I have followed them religiously since the move. 

I grew up in wonderful Richmond, VA and that is still where my heart is.  Growing up in Richmond I was exposed to the Braves all through my childhood and would attend Richmond Braves games throughout the summer.  I was growing up as Richmond was sending a ton of talent to Atlanta.  As a young kid I was privelaged to watch John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Chipper Jones, Mark Wohlers, Tony Tarasco ect at The Diamond.  Possibly my favorite R-Brave of all time is Brad Woodall, a LHP who had a few brief stints in Atlanta, but always made his way back to Richmond.  Sometime in the late 90's my interest in the Braves wanned as the relation between Atlanta a Richmond deteriorated.  The parent club, who owned the R-Braves invested little into the AAA franchise and did little to nothing to improve the game experience.  It was a this time I had no rooting interest in the major leagues and would often root for the pitiful teams in MLB.  At various times I found myself rooting for the Pirates, Royals and Brewers because they were the anti-Yankees.  I severely hate the Yankees with the passion of 1,000 suns.  Everything to do with that organization can suck it!  Also there was a time I attempted to be an Orioles fan.  I tried but I just couldn't do it, not for a lack of effort though.  I just never felt a connection to the team.

Anyway, I started closely following what would become of the Expos when the rumors had them relocating to Northern VA.  I wanted a team in Virginia, but I was also smart enough to realize suburbs don't really work for baseball.  As soon as the Nationals moved to DC I was psyched.  Finally a home team to pull for!  In the first season and a half Comcast did not carry MASN, so following the club was difficult, but I did what I could on the internet.  I made my way to RFK several times and I absolutely love going out to Nats Park!  Some people like fishing I love watching a baseball game, no matter where it is.

I have completely fallen in love with and have embraced this team over the past 6 years.  The future is incredibly bright and Mike Rizzo knows what the hell he is doing.  Yes the roster this season has some holes, but the organization is loaded with talent and the MLB club is going to have an influx of it in a few seasons.

My wife and I recently relocated from Warrenton VA to Williamsburg VA and, whether she will admit it or not she has become a big fan of the Nats too (although she was confused for a while about the two Zimmerman(n)s).  When baseball is not in season I am a huge college basketball fan and proud alum of VCU.  In fact the loves of my life in order are 1) my wife, 2)VCU basketball and 3) The Nats.

I look forward to contributing here and I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this place.

Go Nats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:  If we trade Tyler Clippard I'm going to flip my sh!t!

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #1642: June 29, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »
Hey fellow Nats fans. You'll find out pretty soon that I'm a fairly idiosyncratic dude (I'm the type of guy that loved introducing myself on the first day of school), but first things first, I want to introduce myself to you guys. To do so properly, I'm going to need the proper musical number, a dancing bear, and the ashes of Edgar Allen Poe (preferably mixed with a pinch of immolated Oriole.) I'll wait while you guys collect those things.

All kidding aside, I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have found a Nats messageboard worth joining. I'm a native Washingtonian (HUGE Redskins, Wizards, Caps, Nats and Hoyas fan), with an addictive personality (although not of the inveterate variety, my fixes usually take the form of sporting events, books, seminars, concerts etc.) I don't like walks on the beach, but I do like beating dem damn Phillies. Go Nats!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #1643: June 29, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
Welcome to the board guys.
Ptero, I did time in RIC too, used to get down to the Diamond only rarely, although I did get to see LaRoche when he was coming through.

Go Nats!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1644: June 29, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »
Hello all!  I'm a huge Nats fan and I have followed them religiously since the move. 

Hey fellow Nats fans. You'll find out pretty soon that I'm a fairly idiosyncratic dude

I hereby dub you PK and DCO.  Real names take too long to type :P

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #1645: June 29, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »

I hereby dub you PK and DCO.  Real names take too long to type :P

Suits me just fine TC! ;)

I started to just call myself DCO to begin with, but I didnt want people spending too much trying to decrypt my shorthand. I also didnt want people worrying about whether or not I was with the government, or some insurance agency trying to obtain info on you guys  :lol:.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1646: June 30, 2011, 08:50:11 AM »
Welcome aboard. 

Chief - I think it's time for us to have a Richmond meet-up at the Diamond.  What do you say?  I can bring some of the DC folks down.  :)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1647: June 30, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »
Welcome aboard. 

Chief - I think it's time for us to have a Richmond meet-up at the Diamond.  What do you say?  I can bring some of the DC folks down.  :)

I'd be all for it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1648: June 30, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
I'd be all for it.

I'll set it up if you can make one thing happen - get Nathan to come down with us.  :)

Offline PterodactylKev

• you've been Clipped!
« Reply #1649: June 30, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »
Wait for a Squirrel's series with the Senators :)

I'm crossing my fingers that when the Nats contract is up with H'burg that they begin an affiliation with Richmond.  Nothing against Harrisburg, but Richmond makes too much sense.