Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 423285 times)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1650: June 30, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »
Wait for a Squirrel's series with the Senators :)

I'm crossing my fingers that when the Nats contract is up with H'burg that they begin an affiliation with Richmond.  Nothing against Harrisburg, but Richmond makes too much sense.

will Richmond ever build a new stadium?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1651: June 30, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
Eventually... But The Diamond is doing well right now.

Last night we had over 8,000 for the Sens/Squirrels matchup.

Offline PterodactylKev

• you've been Clipped!
« Reply #1652: June 30, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »
will Richmond ever build a new stadium?

Yeah... what Linty said.  It's been a painstakingly slow process.  A stadium will happen, but The Diamond, as horrible as it is, is servicable for now.  If Richmond is anything it is a baseball town.  Throughout the 90's the R-Braves had one of the best attendance averages in the IL.  The Squirrels, if I'm not mistaken, led all AA in attendance last year.  During the final seasons of the R-Braves, attendance dwindled because ownership (Atlanta) got lackadaisicle.  This year they are 2nd in the EL in attendance, third in all of AA with 6,100 + a game.  They would be mid pack in the IL, and top thrid of the PCL.  Most importantly, for me anyway, they are outdrawing Gwinnett by about 1,500 a game!

When they do get a shiny new stadium I can't wait to see the attendance surge.  If they can get people to show up to The Diamond, they'll have no problem selling a new stadium out on a regular basis.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1653: June 30, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
The new ownership group is top notch.

They blow the Braves group out of the water.

Having worked 10 games this year... the difference in the new guard and the old guard is night and day.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1654: June 30, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
What do the Richmonders think of August 6th as a possible WNFF RVA meet-up date? 

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1655: June 30, 2011, 02:34:45 PM »
I'll set it up if you can make one thing happen - get Nathan to come down with us.  :)
So, in other words, you're not planning on doing anything?  :P

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1656: June 30, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
What do the Richmonders think of August 6th as a possible WNFF RVA meet-up date? 

Should be fine by me.

I know the Senators are in town the July 22 weekened if that makes a difference.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1657: June 30, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »
Hey fellow Nats fans. You'll find out pretty soon that I'm a fairly idiosyncratic dude (I'm the type of guy that loved introducing myself on the first day of school), but first things first, I want to introduce myself to you guys. To do so properly, I'm going to need the proper musical number, a dancing bear, and the ashes of Edgar Allen Poe (preferably mixed with a pinch of immolated Oriole.) I'll wait while you guys collect those things.

All kidding aside, I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have found a Nats messageboard worth joining. I'm a native Washingtonian (HUGE Redskins, Wizards, Caps, Nats and Hoyas fan), with an addictive personality (although not of the inveterate variety, my fixes usually take the form of sporting events, books, seminars, concerts etc.) I don't like walks on the beach, but I do like beating dem damn Phillies. Go Nats!

The title of my last book
shall be “Orioles Suck.”

Offline Jaytee

« Reply #1658: July 02, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
Hey everyone! My name is John and I'm 20-years-old. I live right outside Harrisburg, PA and the Nationals are obviously my favorite baseball team. There's not really any Nationals fans where I live, so it will be nice to talk with other Nats fans on here.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #1659: July 02, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
Hey everyone! My name is John and I'm 20-years-old. I live right outside Harrisburg, PA and the Nationals are obviously my favorite baseball team. There's not really any Nationals fans where I live, so it will be nice to talk with other Nats fans on here.

Welcome, John.  I plan to travel to Harrisburg this summer to see the Senators play as soon as Bryce Harper is promoted to AA.  Have you been down to DC to see the team play yet?

Offline Jaytee

« Reply #1660: July 02, 2011, 11:02:26 PM »
Welcome, John.  I plan to travel to Harrisburg this summer to see the Senators play as soon as Bryce Harper is promoted to AA.  Have you been down to DC to see the team play yet?

Unfortunately, I haven't. But I plan on going to a game sometime this season. The only Nats game I've been to was in Philadelphia a few years back.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1661: July 03, 2011, 12:30:48 AM »
Hello Jay Tee!  Welcome aboard.  You can keep us up to date on our favorite Senators!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1662: July 03, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »

Harrisburg Senators caps are especially sharp-looking.

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #1663: July 05, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
The title of my last book
shall be “Orioles Suck.”

:lol:! The Poe was supposed to have been roasted and augmented with ratbird ashes! FANTASTIC effort though, especially on the dancing bear  :D! He is getting down quite nicely!

Offline ExposFan

« Reply #1664: July 11, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »
Hey everyone, I just found this site today. I have been a diehard fan of this franchise since the early 90s. 1994 still pains me. I followed the franchise to Washington instead of becoming a Jays fan. Excited to have a place to discuss my favourite team. yes I'm Canadian haha

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1665: July 11, 2011, 05:05:44 PM »
Welcome.  We have several Expos fans that followed the team to DC :cheers:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1666: July 11, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »
Hey everyone, I just found this site today. I have been a diehard fan of this franchise since the early 90s. 1994 still pains me. I followed the franchise to Washington instead of becoming a Jays fan. Excited to have a place to discuss my favourite team. yes I'm Canadian haha

Welcome aboard ...

Offline saltydad

« Reply #1667: July 11, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
So pleased to be able to welcome all of our newest members. We may be crazy but we have fun.  :lol:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1668: July 12, 2011, 10:03:07 AM »
Hello everyone. Been a Nats fan since they moved to DC. Just got out of the Marine Corps and am looking for a job. Finally got to see a game at Nats park for the first time this season. Love the depth of our farm system right now. Can't wait for the second half of the season!!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #1669: July 12, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »
Welcome Slateman. What was your specialty in the Corps?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1670: July 12, 2011, 01:03:59 PM »
Hello everyone. Been a Nats fan since they moved to DC. Just got out of the Marine Corps and am looking for a job. Finally got to see a game at Nats park for the first time this season. Love the depth of our farm system right now. Can't wait for the second half of the season!!

Thanks for your service to our country!  What exactly are you looking for?  Govt or contractor?  Do you live in VA or MD?  I may be able to put you in touch with some networking groups.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1671: July 12, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »
Welcome Slateman. What was your specialty in the Corps?

Isn't everybody a grunt?   :)

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #1672: July 12, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
^Welcome aboard sir!

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #1673: July 12, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »
^that was actually directed at ExposFan.

Offline PterodactylKev

• you've been Clipped!
« Reply #1674: July 13, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

I've got mad respect for anyone willing to follow their favorite team after it relocates.  I know it's just minor league baseball, but I hate Gwinnett County and would love nothing more than the Gwinnett Braves to fail horribly (this of course after they stole the R-Braves from Richmond).  After players that I was familiar with cycled out I would feel no connection to the team.  Props to you Expo fan, you are a better man then me.