Author Topic: Shawn Hill & Chad Cordero @ Potomac Opening Series  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Shawn's expected to throw 5 innings today in Woodbridge.

If any of you guys are planning on attending, track me down - I'll be the guy taking photos and video for my blog.  I also have box seats in the first row next to the P-Nat dugout.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
Re: Shawn Hill Scheduled To Start Today @ Potomac
« Reply #1: April 08, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
He already went he went 5 IP don't remember the other stats no ER

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: April 08, 2008, 10:10:38 PM »
Just got back from the game. Met Sens and Manny Acta. Pretty cool. Hill looked fantastic although they started to hit him a little in the 4th and 5th. He got a ton of ground outs. I can't remember many balls that were even hit in the air against him.  Manny said he thought Hill looked good but they'll have to decide tomorrow what to do next with Shawn.  Jordan Zimmerman was awesome too. He's got a great fastball and a decent breaking ball.  He is the type of flamethrower that we need in the system. He is definitely a strikeout pitcher.  He got out of a nice jam in the 9th to get the 4 inning save.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #3: April 08, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »
Any pics Sens?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #4: April 08, 2008, 11:25:57 PM »
Just got back from the game. Met Sens and Manny Acta. Pretty cool. Hill looked fantastic although they started to hit him a little in the 4th and 5th. He got a ton of ground outs. I can't remember many balls that were even hit in the air against him.  Manny said he thought Hill looked good but they'll have to decide tomorrow what to do next with Shawn.  Jordan Zimmerman was awesome too. He's got a great fastball and a decent breaking ball.  He is the type of flamethrower that we need in the system. He is definitely a strikeout pitcher.  He got out of a nice jam in the 9th to get the 4 inning save.

Whoo hoo JZ kicks ass!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #5: April 08, 2008, 11:26:11 PM »
Any pics Sens?
He should have a bunch.  :D

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #6: April 09, 2008, 07:31:46 AM »
No more complaints about Manny Sportsfan - always remember you shook his hand.   :lol:  I'm processing the rest of my photos now...they should be up on my blog sometime this morning.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: April 09, 2008, 07:46:52 AM »
Per Svrluga:

Shawn Hill threw five shutout innings for Class A Potomac on Tuesday night. I text messaged with him afterward, and he didn't think his pitches were particularly sharp, but the pain in his forearm was NOT terrible. "Not bad at all," he said. "Just a little bit tight at first, but not bad." Threw 90-91 mph with his fastball, allowed four hits and one walk with four strikeouts, needing just 69 pitches (45 strikes) to get through.

About as well as we could have hoped for, looks like he's on track for an April 13 start.   :clap:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #8: April 09, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »
Per Svrluga:

About as well as we could have hoped for, looks like he's on track for an April 13 start.   :clap:

Call me a cynic but the fact that he continues to experience pain, although he wants to play it down, leads me to believe he's bound for the DL again.   :(

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: April 09, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »
No more complaints about Manny Sportsfan - always remember you shook his hand.   :lol:  I'm processing the rest of my photos now...they should be up on my blog sometime this morning.

(Image removed from quote.)
Wow - he sat in the stands like the minor league scouts do. +100 Coolness points for Manny

natsfan1a

:clap: for Manny

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Photos now up on my blog...video to follow later...

Call me a cynic but the fact that he continues to experience pain, although he wants to play it down, leads me to believe he's bound for the DL again.   :(

Nothing cynical about it. Something is obviously still wrong with him but he wants to pitch through it. Hill's deformed logic is:

"The more you pitch, the more your pain goes away from whatever is causing it."

Idiot. He is no good to us if he isn't 100% and is just going to go back on the DL in a few games time. If he actually starts on the 13th, I give him four games, tops, before something happens.

Offline ronnynat

Photos now up on my blog...video to follow later...

I was just looking at your pics. They're awesome. It might've just been the angles or something, but did Marrero look like he gained a good 10-15 pounds to you?

(Image removed from quote.)

Are those cheap slippers with no socks, Manny? How Miami Vice! :lol:

Offline blue911

Pat Corrales looks like an extra in a Godfather movie.

Offline sportsfan882

Thanks dude. BTW, were those guys sitting next to Manny Shawn Hill's brothers or family members? Sure look just like him.

natsfan1a

Perhaps they are Manny's bodyguards. :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
I was just looking at your pics. They're awesome. It might've just been the angles or something, but did Marrero look like he gained a good 10-15 pounds to you?
He has definately gained weight.  I took pictures of him last year at Hagerstown and he looks nothing like he did then...probably a combination of professional training and natural growth at his age.

Offline ronnynat

He has definately gained weight.  I took pictures of him last year at Hagerstown and he looks nothing like he did then...probably a combination of professional training and natural growth at his age.

Definitely. I think that's a great thing (as long as he's healthy), especially since he's a first baseman now. It can only help, I'd think.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!

Offline nats2playoffs

A photo of Sportsfan882 shaking hands with Manny ActaI'm DEFINITELY going to have NIGHTMARES about THIS!  It doesn't look like Sportsfan who is, once again, POSITIVE about our players...  (He's going to become a scout one day...) 

Sportsfan, did ya ask Manny WHY he issued two CONSECUTIVE INTENTIONAL WALKS to TWO .300 hitters on the Cardinals, which COST US the game?  Ask Manny to FINE the next pitcher who issues a BASES LOADED WALK... and make that guy MOP THE FLOOR of the clubhouse!!!!!!!!!!!  AND TELL HIM TO STOP LOSING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is the REAL Sportsfan882?

Offline PANatsFan

A photo of Sportsfan882 shaking hands with Manny ActaI'm DEFINITELY going to have NIGHTMARES about THIS!  It doesn't look like Sportsfan who is, once again, POSITIVE about our players...  (He's going to become a scout one day...) 

Sportsfan, did ya ask Manny WHY he issued two CONSECUTIVE INTENTIONAL WALKS to TWO .300 hitters on the Cardinals, which COST US the game?  Ask Manny to FINE the next pitcher who issues a BASES LOADED WALK... and make that guy MOP THE FLOOR of the clubhouse!!!!!!!!!!!  AND TELL HIM TO STOP LOSING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
Which is the REAL Sportsfan882?

Colome should mop that floor with his tongue.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
I read from last night's box score that Cordero closed out the PNATS game last night and got a Win.   :D

Offline blue911

I read from last night's box score that Cordero closed out the PNATS game last night and got a Win.   :D

Did he blow the save first?