Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2  (Read 45074 times)

Offline BerkeleyNat

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #75: September 02, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »
Alright Manny..this is on you man. We need to retaliate at some point. We can not let this go unanswered.

Offline daveb32

« Reply #76: September 02, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »
Might see Luke Montz now.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #77: September 02, 2008, 08:00:07 PM »
Alright Manny..this is on you man. We need to retaliate at some point. We can not let this go unanswered.
Absolutely. I'll lose a ton of respect for Manny if we don't get even. Can't stand these freaking douchebag pieces of crap like Utley.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #78: September 02, 2008, 08:00:54 PM »
utleys a douchebag, dukes needs to kick his ass or someone just beam him, he had no chance there but intentionally went full force prick

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #79: September 02, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »
Might see Luke Montz now.

Oh good call!  Haha if only Nieto was ready (i know i know, jk)

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #80: September 02, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
I'm sure the talking heads on ESPN will celebrate this as another example of Utley's "toughness".

MrMadison

« Reply #81: September 02, 2008, 08:01:34 PM »
I can't see the game, what happened?

Utley tried to steal home on a pickoff play to first, throw beat Utley by a mile, Utley tried to be manly and truck Flores to knock the ball loose, except his airborne dive was awkward as freak, and he took out Flores' legs instead of making a proper upper-body collision, and Flores probably broke a shin or an ankle. Flores had to be carted off the field.

Offline natinthehat

« Reply #82: September 02, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
freak, I'm pissed.  I'm glad I'm not at the game.  I'd probably get kicked out.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #83: September 02, 2008, 08:05:02 PM »
If I'm Manny, I go right after Utley on his next AB.

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #84: September 02, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »
Yeah I'd be trying to bum rush the field and break Utley's skull with a beer bottle if I were in attendance.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #85: September 02, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
****, I'm pissed.  I'm glad I'm not at the game.  I'd probably get kicked out.

I'm with you.....I would get kicked out, but I would make it worth it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #86: September 02, 2008, 08:07:23 PM »
Yeah I'd be trying to bum rush the field and break Utley's skull with a beer bottle if I were in attendance.
Me too. The entire Phillies team sickens me. From that douche bag Utley to that cocky jerk Cole hamels.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #87: September 02, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »
I hate Ryan Howard's fat ass as much as I hate the Phillies and their scumbag fans.

MrMadison

« Reply #88: September 02, 2008, 08:08:10 PM »
just to bring everyone back to reality:

we're not going to throw at Utley.  as much as he deserves it, it's just as unclassy as what Utley did, and it's not Manny's style. you know that.

I'd be utterly shocked if Utley gets thrown at, in any circumstance.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #89: September 02, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
Lannan looks terrible. This devastating injury will send us into a big losing skid which will end up netting us the #1 pick.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #90: September 02, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »
just to bring everyone back to reality:

we're not going to throw at Utley.  as much as he deserves it, it's just as unclassy as what Utley did, and it's not Manny's style. you know that.

Unfortunately...I agree with you. Manny won't do it. I've seen other situations where we probably should have thrown at someone, but we didn't.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #91: September 02, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
Lannan looks terrible. This devastating injury will send us into a big losing skid which will end up netting us the #1 pick.

I wonder if Lannan might be wearing down a bit. This is his first full season in the majors afterall.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #92: September 02, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
man is there ever a time in which the Nats won't be suffering from their starters having devestating injuries?  People are going to start thinking this place is jinxed.   :shock:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #93: September 02, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »
I hope all our players are ready for a rumble either tonight or tomorrow but it has to happen before these nages leave town. And I hope we actually do some freaking damage and not be like the rest of the wussy "brawls" in baseball that are nothing but posturing. We have nothing to lose. We get players suspended so what! We'll assure ourselves of the 1st pick.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #94: September 02, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »
I wonder if Lannan might be wearing down a bit. This is his first full season in the majors afterall.
Yeah, I think he is tiring out.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #95: September 02, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »

this has crossed my mind recently.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #96: September 02, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »
man is there ever a time in which the Nats won't be suffering from their starters having devestating injuries?  People are going to start thinking this place is jinxed.   :shock:

We've just had a run of bad luck. Hopefully we'll look back on this in a few years and laugh.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #97: September 02, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »
I hope all our players are ready for a rumble either tonight or tomorrow but it has to happen before these *****es leave town. And I hope we actually do some ****ing damage and not be like the rest of the wussy "brawls" in baseball that are nothing but posturing. We have nothing to lose. We get players suspended so what! We'll assure ourselves of the 1st pick.

Haha I agree.

And I think Lannan has pitched okay.  He gave up a few hits that were well placed and allowed two runs there in the third, but other than that has been good. 

I just don't have much faith in the offense tonight.  Hamels is a stud.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #98: September 02, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
I hope all our players are ready for a rumble either tonight or tomorrow but it has to happen before these nages leave town. And I hope we actually do some freaking damage and not be like the rest of the wussy "brawls" in baseball that are nothing but posturing. We have nothing to lose. We get players suspended so what! We'll assure ourselves of the 1st pick.
That's the spirit! I'm surprised you're actually advocating us retaliating for a chance.  :shock:  :clap:

MrMadison

« Reply #99: September 02, 2008, 08:13:47 PM »

not gonna happen.  we are talking about Manny here.  he's not a confrontational or unclassy guy.

he's not going to let them plunk utley or brawl with the phillies.

best you can hope for is that someone goes out on a limb and start some crap. but i'm not betting on it.