Author Topic: What moves are upcoming?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline heatchucker

What moves are upcoming?
« Topic Start: April 13, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
I think Bob Lodstin said Dukes is on his way back and Hill is gonna throw Friday...who goes?

I say
Hill - Schroder
Dukes though I just dont know.
Dmitri no idea

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: What moves are upcoming?
« Reply #1: April 13, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »
how close is dukes to coming back?!?!??!?!?

i'm getting chills of anticipation!!!!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #2: April 13, 2008, 05:20:40 PM »
I think Bob Lodstin said Dukes is on his way back and Hill is gonna throw Friday...who goes?
...Bill Ladson?

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: April 13, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
Ladson tends to get the names of players wrong so posters often return the favor when talking about him. :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: April 13, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »
When Dukes is ready, probably for the next homestand, Mackowiak will probably get his walking papers.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #5: April 13, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
When Dukes is ready, probably for the next homestand, Mackowiak will probably get his walking papers.

Mackowiak's getting paid $1.5 mil this season. There's no way they let him walk w/ that. It'd probably be Harris or someone else.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #6: April 13, 2008, 06:06:49 PM »
Mackowiak's getting paid $1.5 mil this season. There's no way they let him walk w/ that. It'd probably be Harris or someone else.

I don't think they will junk Harris because of his "versatility". (relative definition of versatility: n. the quality of playing multiple positions without actually producing or bringing any value to the team aside from being 'versatile'  :?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #7: April 13, 2008, 06:09:23 PM »

I don't think they will junk Harris because of his "versatility". (relative definition of versatility: n. the quality of playing multiple positions without actually producing or bringing any value to the team aside from being 'versatile'  :?

Makes sense, hes fast.. but does nothing else

Offline gonats

« Reply #8: April 13, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

????? I thought that Mackowiak was the one who could play lots of positions and Harris could only play left and center field.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #9: April 13, 2008, 06:33:29 PM »
Harris has played all 3 outfield positions plus 3rd, SS and 2B throughout his career. He's even DH'd a few times :lol:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #10: April 13, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
????? I thought that Mackowiak was the one who could play lots of positions and Harris could only play left and center field.

Harris has played all 3 outfield positions plus 3rd, SS and 2B throughout his career. He's even DH'd a few times :lol:

Mackowiak has played everywhere in the outfield, 1B, 2B, 3B, and DH as well.

Offline natsdad

« Reply #11: April 13, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
Bob Lodstin! LOL

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #12: April 13, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »

They have a decision to make, for sure.  Right now, Schroder is the first to go, most likely, as we have 4 starters and 8 bullpen guys on the 25 man roster.  Of course, Hill is expected back (though after today's bad start in Columbus, not a given) shortly, which forces yet another roster move. 

Mackowiak or Harris, neither one has done much to warrant staying around.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #13: April 13, 2008, 07:21:28 PM »
I'm not worried about Hill's line. I just want to hear that he is pain/discomfort free. I'm sure he'll be fine as long as he's healthy (the new "when healthy" of our staff :?)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #14: April 14, 2008, 12:12:04 AM »
Anyone know what's wrong with Schroder? Manny hasn't used him since Monday against the Fish. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #15: April 14, 2008, 12:13:35 AM »
Haven't heard anything on that. There have been some garbage innings to be had that would've been perfect for him so it doesn't make sense. He will be sent down this week anyway.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #16: April 14, 2008, 12:15:50 AM »
Haven't heard anything on that. There have been some garbage innings to be had that would've been perfect for him so it doesn't make sense. He will be sent down this week anyway.
Sucks for him. He only pitched twice and looked OK.  He deserves to stay up over guys like King, Colome, and Macowiak until he proves that he doesn't belong.  Having options is probably the only reason he will go down.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #17: April 14, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
Bob Lodstin! LOL

Anyone else notice that Bobby was on Colin Cowherd this morning? Is that common? If he knows so little about the Nats, how could he possibly be expected to comment on the Red Sox?

Offline heatchucker

« Reply #18: April 14, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
Options brother...options  Jim will find every way to keep all the talent in the organization instead of risking losing them AND having to pay them to...if we got rid of colome king mackowiak harris lopez....we are going to have to pay their salary and be forced to put someone in a position they might not be ready for

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #19: April 14, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
word is, dukes could return for the series vs the mets!!!  :woop: :woop: the anticipation is killing me!

« Reply #20: April 14, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »
the anticipation is killing me!

We can only hope it is painful and quick.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #21: April 14, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
lol, NOTLD, that's terrible!!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #22: April 14, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
Good one, Nat of the Living Dead. :D
word is, dukes could return for the series vs the mets!!! the anticipation is killing me!
Well, I hope you won't be disappointed when he turns out not to be The Savior and doesn't bat 1.000 with a .700 slugging percentage...

Offline heatchucker

« Reply #23: April 14, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
Who goes for Dukes?
OF - Pena Milledge Kearns Harris Mackowiak Lopez Dukes

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #24: April 14, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »
Who goes for Dukes?
OF - Pena Milledge Kearns Harris Mackowiak Lopez Dukes

My predicition: Mackowiak passes through waivers and accepts an assignment to AAA. Makes the same money for doing nothing either way.