Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118630 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Pirates - almost a dozen giveaways for kids alone.  Shirts every Friday, bobblehead players announced, concert bands announced.  Promotions given away to a minimum of 25,000 fans, in most cases all fans as opposed to the Nats where you need to show up an hour early.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=pit

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Pirates - almost a dozen giveaways for kids alone.  Shirts every Friday, bobblehead players announced, concert bands announced.  Promotions given away to a minimum of 25,000 fans, in most cases all fans as opposed to the Nats where you need to show up an hour early.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=pit

I don't know if my thoughts are right or not but I think the Pirates may have so many give aways just to get butts in the seats.*    I also believe the Pirates have access to better corporate partners for the give away  ...   PNC, Zambelli, Waste Management, Comcast, BCBS, PPG, etc.   We get American U and Miller Lite, an occasional PNC and GEICO.    Too bad the DoD and Justice can't have give aways.   We could have a Joe Biden bobble head night.

*   http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Could you imagine Intelligence Community Night at Nats Park?

The flyover would be by drones.

Attendance would be unannounced.

The Kiss Cam would be pixilated.

The Guantanamo choir would sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
LOL at Guantanamo Choir

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman

And we could have them target the opposing pitchers!  Or at least Kozma....

Offline madj55

Do you all think there is a chance RGIII throws out a first pitch at a ballgame come September?

Offline DPMOmaha

Do you all think there is a chance RGIII throws out a first pitch at a ballgame come September?
why not opening day?

Offline mitlen

Great idea (I'm not a 'skins fan).    I think it should be done earlier in the year.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Who are the bobbleheads this year gonna be?

I'm sure this isn't a final list yet!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Great idea except the IC aren't allowed to take special favors like discount tickets unless its Fed wide.

Offline mitlen

Great idea except the IC aren't allowed to take special favors like discount tickets unless its Fed wide.

Make it a "black op".   

Offline madj55

why not opening day?
Well I was figuring the Skins wouldn't want him out there until he's 100% healthy which will most likely be in September. Opening Day would be unreal though

Offline DPMOmaha

Well I was figuring the Skins wouldn't want him out there until he's 100% healthy which will most likely be in September. Opening Day would be unreal though
That's true.  I think they'd want to get it out of the way by the time we get to training camp, though.  Maybe July 4?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I don't know if my thoughts are right or not but I think the Pirates may have so many give aways just to get butts in the seats.*    I also believe the Pirates have access to better corporate partners for the give away  ...   PNC, Zambelli, Waste Management, Comcast, BCBS, PPG, etc.   We get American U and Miller Lite, an occasional PNC and GEICO.    Too bad the DoD and Justice can't have give aways.   We could have a Joe Biden bobble head night.

*   http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

The Nats could hardly give tickets away last September in the middle of a pennant race, holding off the Braves, so we're hardly in the range of the Red Sox or Phillies with a sell out streak.

As far as corporate partners, we have plenty of large companies based here and plenty of disposable income that advertisers want to target.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
That's true.  I think they'd want to get it out of the way by the time we get to training camp, though.  Maybe July 4?

Any day that RGIII says he's available the Nats would make a space for him, he's second to Obama in prestige in this town, and second to nobody in popularity.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

when they do the salute to returning troops, there would be nobody standing behind home plate.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
when they do the salute to returning troops, there would be nobody standing behind home plate.
Actually, they'd all be behind a screen, back lit, so you could not see their faces. 

All the cheers would have the voices altered to conceal identity. 

Offline mitlen

As far as corporate partners, we have plenty of large companies based here and plenty of disposable income that advertisers want to target.

Is it possible the organization isn't reaching out to them?   When I think of large companies in this area, I think of government contracts, etc.   Maybe I'm a different fan demographic but they could give away Miller Lite steins every night and I wouldn't drink Miller Lite.  :)   I agree with you though  ....  the kids (mine did anyway) love bobble heads, towels, hats, etc.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Is it possible that the organization isn't reaching out to them?   When I think of large companies in this area, I think of government contracts, etc.   

I don't know what the Nats are doing, but the United are sponsored by VW and certainly Nats fans can afford to by more new cars than soccer fans, we should have VW.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
From Yahoo, here's the lines at the concession stand at the Marlins Fan Fest, and below is the line for single game sales for Marlins tickets.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Two Clippards?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Two Clippards?

There are many copies...

...and they have a plan

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Two Clippards?

This is the only question you have after seeing that?  Ha.

I'm still not sure what I was just looking at.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
There are many copies...

...and they have a plan
:shock: :lol: