Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417388 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #725: March 10, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
Welcome John!  I think the job of #1 Terrell Young fan is open, might be a good entry level position on the forum.    ;)    :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #726: March 10, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
Welcome John!  I think the job of #1 Terrell Young fan is open, might be a good entry level position on the forum.    ;)    :lol:

Someone else rooting for TY posted earlier. Let's hope he delivers!

Offline 24 Nats

« Reply #727: March 10, 2009, 04:17:52 PM »
New here.  Originally from PG County....now on the Eastern Shore.  Just read mostly.  Also on BPG and Extremeskins.

For the record, I think the Lerners are cheap and Stan is over-rated.

But love the Nats.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #728: March 10, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »
New here.  Originally from PG County....now on the Eastern Shore.  Just read mostly.  Also on BPG and Extremeskins.

For the record, I think the Lerners are cheap and Stan is over-rated.

But love the Nats.

A veritable plethora of new posters joining us today, and another PG refugee at that.   :clap:

What part of PG were you from?

Allen43

« Reply #729: March 10, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
I broadcast High school games in Grenada and got to watch him play for 4 years in Grenada.  His last year, every game he pitched in was an event with all the scouts and their guns at the games.  Heck, a Yankee scout was driving on the road one night and heard us talking about his speed on the gun and sped to the ballpark to check him out.  Terrell is a great kid, a little naive, but a great kid with a great story.

Offline 24 Nats

« Reply #730: March 10, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »
What part of PG were you from?

Greenbelt and New Carrollton. 

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #731: March 10, 2009, 04:41:13 PM »
Were all a little naive Allen43...I managed to collect Terrell's autograph at Natsfest in January, good kid, gonna be fun to see him progress

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #732: March 10, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »

Greenbelt and New Carrollton. 

Cool.  My father was a faculty member at St. Joseph's in Greenbelt for a number of years, and I used to hang out at nearby Lanham's Princess Garden Inn, a great post-softball watering hole.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #733: March 10, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »
Were all a little naive Allen43...I managed to collect Terrell's autograph at Natsfest in January, good kid, gonna be fun to see him progress

They already had him at NatsFest? What a cool guy!

Offline CoachKlein

« Reply #734: March 10, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »
Welcome!  Are you familar with Hugh Adams, now pitching as a lights-out closer for FAU?

Very Familar with Hugh. I saw the other day he has 3 saves. Nice work. I try to keep up as much as possible with the guys.

Offline CoachKlein

« Reply #735: March 10, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »
Welcome JohnnyNats, uh, er, CoachKlein!   Bout time you found your way over here.

Did I mention I love Clarksburg Grill chicken cheesesteak subs?

Where did you end up in Nats Park?

The grill is money! Club sub doesn't fit in your mouth. We were in section 227 in the first row. This year we're only doing a partial. I have a 2 year old at home that's a handful. I will still probably end up at 20-25 games.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #736: March 10, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »
Two year olds are always a  handfull!  Yeah when they are that young its hard to keep them occupied at game.  Take them to a P-Nats game or to Bowie to see Harrisburg play the Baysox!  At least in Bowie, they have  a kids only concession and a Merry-Go-round to keep the little ones happy.  Oh, yeah, NATS park also has a jungle gym of some sort, doesn't it.

I have a 20 game plan too; up in 308.  Maybe I'll see ya at NATS Park.  I'm on Plan B of the partial plans!

Zorro

« Reply #737: March 16, 2009, 07:11:17 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm Zorro, a lonely Nats fan on the north end of the parkway. I'm looking forward to the year.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #738: March 16, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm Zorro, a lonely Nats fan on the north end of the parkway. I'm looking forward to the year.

:thumbs:

Offline Galah

« Reply #739: March 17, 2009, 07:51:07 AM »
North end of the parkway....you don't do that "OH" thing during the National Anthem do you?

Welcome.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #740: March 17, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »
Nice avitar suggestion Tom!

Welcome Zorro!  Are you the original Zorro!  Wow!  How cool is that?   ;)

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #741: March 25, 2009, 07:26:44 PM »
New here.

Long story - I gave up on baseball back in 1993-94, whenever that stupid strike was. Then suddenly in early January of this year, I wanted baseball. I wanted it bad. Now I'll be up front, I'm a Cubs fan. Grew up in New Orleans watching the Cubs and Harry Caray on WGN in the 80's with Leon "Bull" Durham, Ryno, Shawon Dunston, Ron Cey, Keith Moreland, Sarge, Mel Hall, Bob Dernier, Jody Davis, Lee Smith, Sutcliffe and all the rest.

Now in hockey, I'm a Caps fan - fell for them back in the 80's - thanks cable tv. Been to a few Caps games, and saw them two weeks ago in Nashville. Anyway, being from New Orleans, I have a tendency to support losing teams. At least teams that aren't front runners.

So I'm going to follow the Nats and see how it goes.

By the way, the away blue jersey, with the red, white and blue "DC" looks bad.  ;)

Offline Galah

« Reply #742: March 26, 2009, 08:22:56 AM »
As a reformed Cubs fan I can absolutely say you're going to enjoy watching the Nats!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #743: March 26, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »
New here.

Long story - I gave up on baseball back in 1993-94, whenever that stupid strike was. Then suddenly in early January of this year, I wanted baseball. I wanted it bad. Now I'll be up front, I'm a Cubs fan. Grew up in New Orleans watching the Cubs and Harry Caray on WGN in the 80's with Leon "Bull" Durham, Ryno, Shawon Dunston, Ron Cey, Keith Moreland, Sarge, Mel Hall, Bob Dernier, Jody Davis, Lee Smith, Sutcliffe and all the rest.

Now in hockey, I'm a Caps fan - fell for them back in the 80's - thanks cable tv. Been to a few Caps games, and saw them two weeks ago in Nashville. Anyway, being from New Orleans, I have a tendency to support losing teams. At least teams that aren't front runners.

By the way, the away blue jersey, with the red, white and blue "DC" looks bad.  ;)

My wife's from Picayune, MS and her whole family are huge Saints fans.  Some are from up in New England also so they are Red Sox fans in baseball since New Orleans didn't have a team.

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #744: March 26, 2009, 09:54:46 AM »
As a reformed Cubs fan I can absolutely say you're going to enjoy watching the Nats!

Now I'm still a Cubs fan, but I still will pay attention to the Nats as my 2nd team.

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #745: March 26, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »
My wife's from Picayune, MS and her whole family are huge Saints fans.  Some are from up in New England also so they are Red Sox fans in baseball since New Orleans didn't have a team.

I lived in Connecticut for six years, the more I was there, the less I liked baseball, Red Sox, and Patriots fans.

;)

« Reply #746: March 26, 2009, 09:58:31 AM »
New here.

Welcome to the tribe.

A word of warning though: there are a few members here that take great pleasure in seeing the Cubs continue their losing ways and seeing images of their fans whining and crying in the streets of Chicago. In fact, if you look around, this site might have the largest collection of pictures of Cubs fans crying you can find.

Offline blue911

« Reply #747: March 26, 2009, 10:34:44 AM »
Welcome to the tribe.

A word of warning though: there are a few members here that take great pleasure in seeing the Cubs continue their losing ways and seeing images of their fans whining and crying in the streets of Chicago. In fact, if you look around, this site might have the largest collection of pictures of Cubs fans crying you can find.

See it didn't kill you to be nice to a new member. Did the dog post this?

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #748: March 26, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes and heads up.

« Reply #749: March 26, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
See it didn't kill you to be nice to a new member. Did the dog post this?

I'm always nice to new members-- except those trying to sell something.