Author Topic: New 2013 Nats Batting Practice/Spring Training hat  (Read 10284 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

There are other teams with hats that are a lot worse (Braves and Mets are two, in my opinion).  And who came up with the idea of an ELEPHANT on the A's cap?
A's have been using the elephant for more than a century.

Offline Mattionals

A's have been using the elephant for more than a century.

And that ish is hot.  I should get one and a Tommy Milone T-shirt.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
I dig the hat, but I'm a fan of the Expos' cap, so maybe that's why.

Wouldn't mind snagging one if they're New Era-made

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
I like it a lot, but wish it were a 59fifty.  I've never liked the feel of BP caps.

Offline LightningMcQueen

spring training mesh hat is gone, those you see are 5950

Offline Coladar

Meh, the Nats Cap is the weakest of them by far. Only one to utilize a white background... Any color scheme but that would have worked. Red back and white W and brim, navy and red mixture... Not a fan of the white, although I don't actively dislike it.

Offline DPMOmaha

Meh, the Nats Cap is the weakest of them by far. Only one to utilize a white background... Any color scheme but that would have worked. Red back and white W and brim, navy and red mixture... Not a fan of the white, although I don't actively dislike it.
It's a BP cap.  I think the Jays version is particularly uninspired.

Offline codedandunited

They are 59Fifty Style, but they will be made out of mesh.  It will be a different mesh than the 1999-2002 and 2003-present mesh though.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I hate the Braves but their BP hat is pretty sweet.

Offline Bloo

Those are something an old geezard would wear.

Offline NationalHeat

Will definitely be getting one.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Everyone else is going alternate / throwback uniforms. They should have done something with the interlocking DC logo.

This would probably net more sales since there is a large contingent that prefers that logo.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
BP hats, in general, are total crap and only account for ~5% of hat sales so I'm not sure why they decided to reboot these.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

They just remind me of the 70s and crappy, tight-polyester unis.

As soon as I saw it, that's exactly what I thought.    :lmao:   ...  and those gawd awful baseball hats with the mesh back.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

Perfect. 

I hate the Braves but their BP hat is pretty sweet.

Unless you're Paul Lukas, the over-sensitive Brooklynite.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
That dude is a needledick. Probably cryin' over the Atlanta Crackers too.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
The Nats version kills most of those other ones.  Some of those are turdible.

I actually tend to like the white front hats, though.

Offline Copecwby20

As much as Mike Wise naged about the name of the Redskins, I'd love to hear his take on the Braves new hat... thank god his show got cancelled.... :mg: :rofl:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/16228/first-look-new-mlb-batting-practice-caps

(Image removed from quote.)

There are other teams with hats that are a lot worse (Braves and Mets are two, in my opinion).  And who came up with the idea of an ELEPHANT on the A's cap?
Here's some history on the elephant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Athletics#Elephant_mascot

After New York Giants manager John McGraw told reporters that Philadelphia manufacturer Benjamin Shibe, who owned the controlling interest in the new team, had a "white elephant on his hands," Mack defiantly adopted the white elephant as the team mascot, and presented McGraw with a stuffed toy elephant at the start of the 1905 World Series. McGraw and Mack had known each other for years, and McGraw accepted it graciously. By 1909, the A's were wearing an elephant logo on their sweaters, and in 1918 it turned up on the regular uniform jersey for the first time. Over the years the elephant has appeared in several different colors. It is currently forest green.

The elephant was retired as team mascot in 1963 by then-owner Charles O. Finley in favor of a Missouri mule (it was also rumored to have been done by Finley in order to attract fans from the then heavily Democratic constituents of Missouri by replacing the traditional Republican mascot to one associated with Democrats). In 1988, the elephant was restored as the symbol of the Athletics and currently adorns the left sleeve of home and road uniforms. The elephant mascot returned briefly in the mid-'80s, under the name Harry Elephante. In 1997, the elephant returned, taking its current form, Stomper.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
That elephant is awesome.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
The Oriole is pretty cool.

Offline codedandunited

If anyone is still wondering about the Braves hat, the one picture likely isn't the one that will be produced.  All I can say.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
That elephant is awesome.

Yep, wish they had gone with the old school Senators logo with the player overplayed in front on the Capital for ours.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Yep, wish they had gone with the old school Senators logo with the player overplayed in front on the Capital for ours.
I've always liked this one:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I've always liked this one:

(Image removed from quote.)

The old time logos are great, the Nats should bring them back for giveaway hats and shirts rather than that ugly off center crap they had last year.

Does Texas own the rights to the old logos? Don't the copyrights expire if they're not being used?