Author Topic: Beast Mode ACTIVATED!  (Read 19826 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Beast Mode Activated - Not so much
« Reply #200: April 12, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
yeah, rough week for injuries.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #201: April 12, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »
Morse to be completely shut down for 6 weeks before resuming any baseball activities per Craig Heist.

Do they actually know what the problem is? They already tried shutting him down (albeit for only a week). How do they know simply shutting him down for longer will actually help.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #202: April 12, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
Are you questioning the almighty doctors?

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #203: April 12, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
Are you questioning the almighty doctors?
Yes.

EDIT:
Sounds like rest is really the only option  :? I hope they don't try to rush him back this time.

Online imref

« Reply #204: April 12, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Do they actually know what the problem is? They already tried shutting him down (albeit for only a week). How do they know simply shutting him down for longer will actually help.

strained lat from everything i've read.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #205: April 12, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
One dude sitting behind me insisted that Morse was in the lineup today. Was that you nobleisthyname?

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #206: April 13, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »
One dude sitting behind me insisted that Morse was in the lineup today. Was that you nobleisthyname?
No, I had class unfortunately. What lead you to believe that was me? You'll be hard pressed to ever find a definitive claim about the future from me anywhere.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #207: April 13, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
 :|

Offline e44green

« Reply #208: April 16, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
@AdamKilgoreWP: Morse visited Dr. James Andrews, who assured him he could return after rest only.

Good news...I think?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #209: April 16, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
@AdamKilgoreWP: Morse visited Dr. James Andrews, who assured him he could return after rest only.

Good news...I think?

that sounds ridiculously optimistic.  he makes it sound like he could come back within days

Online imref

« Reply #210: April 16, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
i look forward to a pic of Morse by the pool with a drink in his hand (one that must have one of those umbrellas in it).

Offline PC

« Reply #211: April 16, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
Kilgore:

Michael Morse thought he was going to have surgery, miss 9-12 months

The Nationals suffered a significant blow when   they learned Michael Morse would rest a strained lat for six weeks before even starting to rehab for a return. But, as Morse revealed today in an interview, it could have been far more devastating.

Last week, Morse went to visit Dr. James Andrews, the renowned surgeon, in Pensacola, Fla. As he sat in the waiting room, he believed he might undergo surgery on his lat that would sideline him for the nine to 12 months, the entire season and then some.

“It was a scary two hours,” Morse said.

Andrews, according to Morse, gave a second opinion that offered him a reprieve from what Nationals doctors feared might be necessary. Rather than undergoing the major surgery, Morse would rest for six weeks. “He was like, ‘Surgery? You don’t need surgery.’ ” Morse said. While at Andrews’ office, Morse also received   a second platelet-rich plasma injection   to augment his recovery.

Morse described his lat injury as unique to position players. He said doctors told him roughly 10 pitchers had sustained this specific strain,including White Sox right-hander Jake Peavy, but no other position players. If he suffered the same injury as Peavy, then Morse did not simply strain his lat. He strained the tendon that connects the muscle to the underside of his shoulder.

That explained why Morse could swing a bat, but had complications when he threw. The Nationals rested Morse throughout spring training and he no longer felt the strain by April 9, when he reported for a minor league rehab game in Class A Hagerstown.

Morse had actually anticipated traveling to New York that day and then making his big league season debut the next night, his first game eligible to come off the disabled list. “It was going to be opening day,” Morse said. The Nationals, though, wanted him to play a full nine innings once.

So Morse played. It was a cold night, which General Manager Mike Rizzo later partly attributed to what happened: Morse re-aggravated the injury making a throw from left field, which led to the initial diagnosis of surgery and Morse’s trip to Andrews.

The news he received in Andrews’ waiting room relieved Morse, but it did not decrease the boredom he’s feeling now. Morse is trying to keep a low profile in the Nationals’ clubhouse. Today, he ran stairs at Nationals Park. Nationals trainers have barred him from any baseball activity, or any exercise that requires the use of his upper body.

He cannot play, which makes him miserable. But he also knows it could have been much, much worse.

Offline PC

« Reply #212: April 16, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »
Today, he ran stairs at Nationals Park. Nationals trainers have barred him from any baseball activity, or any exercise that requires the use of his upper body.

And there's the answer to my question.  He can use his legs.

DON'T FALL DOWN THE STEPS, MIKE!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #213: April 16, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »
lol, Natinals doctors.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #214: April 16, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
that sounds ridiculously optimistic.  he makes it sound like he could come back within days

Not everything turns out to be the worst possible scenario, despite others here might lead you to believe  :stir:

Still, I don't think he's coming back in a few days. Give him the six weeks of rest and then take your time rehabbing him. My fantasy team, and more importantly, the Nats, can't afford to have him rushed back improperly.

Online imref

« Reply #215: April 29, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
Morse just posted this on Facebook:

Congrats to Bryce on his 1st knock. Looking forward to playing with him soon. Feeling good...won't be long..

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #216: April 29, 2012, 09:33:57 PM »
Morse just posted this on Facebook:

We need him.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #217: April 29, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
Oh man I would've felt sorry for us and him. I can't imagine what it'd be like to miss such a lengthy time, especially after a breakout year like Morse's.

Online imref

« Reply #218: May 11, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Morse was shut down on April 12th.  If my calendar reading skills are correct, they'll bring him out of suspended animation on May 24th.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #219: May 11, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »
Morse was shut down on April 12th.  If my calendar reading skills are correct, they'll bring him out of suspended animation on May 24th.

Can't bloody wait.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #220: May 11, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »
Is this like thawing out Austin Powers?

Offline hammondsnats

Is this like thawing out Austin Powers?

:lmao:

i hope he's back full strength.

Online imref

According to a poster on the curly dubs site, both Storen and Morse started throwing today.  That's not the full 6 weeks for Morse if true.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Morse posted in Facebook, took a good step today.  Whatever that means!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Looking to return as a DH on June 8