Author Topic: good news (for me, at least)...  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: good news (for me, at least)...
« Reply #25: June 11, 2008, 02:40:11 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST WITNESSED THE NATIONALS MOST CLIMATIC AND EVENTFUL ROAD WIN OF THE SEASON!

I WENT FROM   :rant: WHEN WE WERE DOWN 3-0.

TO   :D WHEN   :pimp: AKA THE BEST 2B IN BASEBALL HOMERED!

TO   :bang:WHEN DOUMIT HIT HIS 2ND HOMER.

TO   :woop: :woop: WHEN THE NATIONALS ERUPTED FOR 3 RUNS IN THE 7TH THANKS TO 3 HOMERS, INCLUDING   :pimp: SECOND HOMER (2 HOMERS IN HIS FIRST GAME BACK FROM DL!)

TO   :'( :devil: WHEN THE PIRATES SCORED TWO IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 8TH TO TAKE THE LEAD.

TO   :worship: WHEN DUKES SMASHED A SCORCHING  DOUBLE OFF THE WALL!

TO   :pray: WHEN LASTINGS STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE

TO   :woop: :woop: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:WHEN MILLEDGE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS AND CONNECTED FOR THE GAME WINNING HOMER!!!!!!

L-MILLZ HOMER WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY AT THE PARK WAS STANDING UP AND CLAPPING FOR CAPPS TO COMPLETE THE SAVE AND THEN BOOM, LASTINGS SHOWCASES THAT SMOOTH SWING OF HIS AND LINES THE BALL JUST BARELY OVER THE LEFT FIELD WALL! IT WAS AMAZING TO SEE EVERYONE JUST SIT DOWN IN SHOCK! I WAS STANDING, JUMPING, AND CLAPPING IN EUPHORIA!

WOW, WHAT A GAME!

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #26: June 11, 2008, 03:03:46 AM »
i got DUKES' and MILLEDGE'S autographs. BEST YOUNG OUTFIELD DUO IN BASEBALL. milledge was real laid back. i was originally just gonna settle for lastings autograph but then DUKES EMERGED FROM THE DUGOUT!!!!!! as soon as i saw him peek out of the dugout i bolted to get his autograph. i kept my composure as i calmly asked for his autograph as i stood in awe. i told him that his walk-off last week was insane and he laughed and jokingly said that might be his only homer of the year.

lastings game winning homer following dukes double was INSANE! i proudly represented my nationals at pnc park. it was sort of odd and awkward standing up and clapping for my nationals because it felt like i was the only national fan there but i didn't care i confidently clapped anyways. the best was when lastings hit the game winner, and i was the only one still standing and cheering after the pirates fans  were silenced and sat down.

and please forgive me...i know my thoughts are incoherent right now haha!

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #27: June 11, 2008, 04:35:50 AM »
now that i reflect back on the greatness of this game, it's even better than when i witnessed it live. i didn't fully grasp the greatness live. THIS GAME HAD EVERYTHING, IT WAS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER!!!

Offline blue911

« Reply #28: June 11, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
The fact that nobody beat you up is pretty amazing. I kept expecting to see a kid getting pummelled by Pirate fans.Hope you enjoyed the game. Maybe you should go more often.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #29: June 11, 2008, 08:57:14 AM »
AZ, I'm glad you had such a great time!  Congrats on getting those autographs, too!  You saw a really great game and your enthusiasm is delightful to see this morning!  Hope you recover soon!  :lol:

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #30: June 11, 2008, 08:58:51 AM »
The fact that nobody beat you up is pretty amazing. I kept expecting to see a kid getting pummelled by Pirate fans.Hope you enjoyed the game. Maybe you should go more often.

I feel like the Pirates are in the same boat as the Nationals.  Nats fans are used to other teams fans coming in and being generally louder than Nats fans, so it's probably the same for the Pirates.  They probably just didn't really expect it as much with the Nationals.

« Reply #31: June 11, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
I've never met an unruly Pirate fan. I've been to PNC Park, their Spring Training facility, and been around them when they came to RFK and from my experience, they have a nice classy bunch of fans. Knowledgeable and respectful.

Can't say that about their Philly neighbors.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #32: June 11, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
I've never met an unruly Pirate fan. I've been to PNC Park, their Spring Training facility, and been around them when they came to RFK and from my experience, they have a nice classy bunch of fans. Knowledgeable and respectful.

lol the Steelers fans aren't exactly the same.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #33: June 11, 2008, 10:39:17 AM »

Ditto for me.  PNC fans were great when I visited last year.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #34: June 11, 2008, 11:10:29 AM »
Awesome, AZ! Congrasts :D

Offline blue911

« Reply #35: June 11, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »

I have nothing bad to say about Pirate fans, I would be just as amazed if he attended a game at Nationals Park and wasn't pummelled by Nats fans.

« Reply #36: June 11, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »
I have nothing bad to say about Pirate fans, I would be just as amazed if he attended a game at Nationals Park and wasn't pummelled by Nats fans.

:rofl:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #37: June 11, 2008, 12:11:31 PM »
PNC fans are great ... steeler fans ... um yeah ... not so much -- as it is ... I think philadelphia should be forced to moved to new jersey == their kind has no business being in Pennsylvania ...

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #38: June 11, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
i wasn't boisterous at all at the game. i just stood up and applauded when the nationals scored, though i did go pretty crazy when lastings hit the game winner. it just felt weird standing up because i felt like the only national fan there which probably singled me out more lol.