Author Topic: Our Duo is Overrated  (Read 3646 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Our Duo is Overrated
« Reply #50: August 19, 2007, 11:02:06 PM »
Oh, shut up.  Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make your point any more valid.

lol..that was surprising. blunt, but true

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #51: August 20, 2007, 01:22:51 AM »
Oh, shut up.  Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make your point any more valid.

Will J.R. and Chad sucking over and over make you realize they are overrated and we should have dealt both of them at the deadline when they were for whatever reason still a hot commodity?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #52: August 20, 2007, 01:24:35 AM »
Will J.R. and Chad sucking over and over make you realize they are overrated and we should have dealt both of them at the deadline when they were for whatever reason still a hot commodity?

It's never that simple; players like Rauch and the Chief might bring a mid-level prospect, but honestly, I wouldn't count on Bowden getting any offers that helped the team.  And you know if he did get such an offer, he would have pulled the trigger.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #53: August 21, 2007, 09:32:32 AM »

Good thing you weren't our GM. Then we'd have 2 mid-level prospects who will probably never make it over one good closer and a decent setup man.
Mr. "I stay completely supportive"
ha

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #54: August 24, 2007, 11:52:03 PM »
BUMP

Chad and J.R. aren't even overrated anymore, they just flat out suck.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #55: August 24, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »
Mr. Trump: YOU'RE FIRED

Chad:  :shock:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #56: August 25, 2007, 12:20:25 AM »
Nook Logan > Chad Cordero + Jon Rauch

But Nook had 0 hits tonight.

Nook Logan < Nook Logan

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #57: August 25, 2007, 12:21:19 AM »
Nook Logan > Chad Cordero + Jon Rauch

But Nook had 0 hits tonight.

Nook Logan < Nook Logan

(Image removed from quote.)
Did you see Nook in CF tonight?  He made several great plays.  He can't get a hit every single game. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #58: August 25, 2007, 12:22:57 AM »
Mr. Trump: YOU'RE FIRED

Chad:  :shock:

I would say that ain't right but I can't :?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #59: August 25, 2007, 02:12:36 AM »
well the fact remains that we truly do not have any really feasible alternatives for Closer.

Ayala SHOULD be the 8th Inning Set Up Man. either him or Colome.

but we really don't have any strong candidates to replace Cordero(I'm not calling him Chief until he stops sucking) on our roster or in our Minor League System.

snoopy4ss

« Reply #60: August 25, 2007, 08:54:16 AM »
Cordero's melt down last night was horrendous, I agree.  But I'm trying to put this into perspective.  What are the Yankees fan saying about Rivera, after his blown save against Baltimore(!)?  What are the Mets fans saying about Wagner and the Padres fans saying about Hoffman after they both blew saves in NY? 

« Reply #61: August 25, 2007, 09:17:04 AM »
Is there a reason why Ayala isn't our current setup man?  I tend to remember Ayala and Cordero being a one-two punch. 

snoopy4ss

« Reply #62: August 25, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
Maybe Ayala hasn't been setting up since he's still coming back off TJ surgery.  That said, with Rauch and Rivera having a boatload of appearances, we might see him more. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #63: August 25, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »
Maybe Ayala hasn't been setting up since he's still coming back off TJ surgery.  That said, with Rauch and Rivera having a boatload of appearances, we might see him more. 

I think this is the exact reason - the plan was to bring Ayala along very slowly - though he looks to be back in form - also Colome being back will help with this alot - I don't think Rauch as the closer is the answer - he's been worked so much this year - I'd like to see a Schroder, Chief, Rauch rotating set up with platooning Ayala and Colome maybe as closers till the end of the year ... something along those lines - I do agree though that the rotation needs to be shaken up a bit.