Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 35790 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2
« Topic Start: September 17, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »
Game Time: 7:05 PM
Venue: Nationals Park
TV: MASN HD, MLB.TV
Radio: 106.7 The Fan, WFED 1500

(68-83)

Chris Volstad
5-12, 5.31

(71-78) 

Stephen Strasburg
0-0, 1.13

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
hotlinking :nono: (the other guy's site is blocking you)

Try rehosting them on imgur or something

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Ugh hopefully a good football game is on at 7pm just in case

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm heading off to the Nebraska game here soon, might need some ninja editing with the lineups.  Or just leave it without them, either way is fine by me...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Happy birthday!  Glad to hear football made it out to the Midwest after Teddy Roosevelt tried to ban it.  Yet another reason to root for Abe instead of Teddy!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
+1 on the Happy Birthday

And as for Teddy, people who shoot elephants for kicks pretty much suck ass.

Happy birthday!  Glad to hear football made it out to the Midwest after Teddy Roosevelt tried to ban it.  Yet another reason to root for Abe instead of Teddy!

Offline Obed_Marsh

Happy birthday!

Offline DPMOmaha

+1 on the Happy Birthday

And as for Teddy, people who shoot elephants for kicks pretty much suck ass.
Thanks guys.  For as great as Teddy was, there was going to be no stopping football. 

Strasburg and a Nebraska game.  Couldn't ask for much more!  Hopefully soon it will be Strasburg and Nebraska in October.  Now that would be sweet.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Ugh hopefully a good football game is on at 7pm just in case

College football will probably cut heavily into the audience tonight (as the NFL will do tomorrow - remember our Marlins finale goes up directly against Skins-Cardinals), along with the relatively nippy weather - I'm not expecting big crowds either tonight (even with Strasburg - remember last year how the crowds started dropping off a bit at his starts) or tomorrow....King Football is back in the house, and baseball is once more the wallflower at the dance - particularly in the home markets of MLB teams that are just playing out the season.

Speaking of weather - for those going tonight: Capital Weather Gang's NatCast has pretty much the same story as for last night: 'The weather is reminding us there's only about a week left of regular season action. It might be a bit warmer than last night's game, but you'll probably still want some layers. Expect mostly cloudy skies and maybe an increasing breeze.' - first pitch temperature 64-66, 9th inning 61-63, 5% chance of rain.

...and don't forget the Metro track work - budget time accordingly: http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5037

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Happy Birthday DPM  !    Go Nats !!

Offline heeman82

I will be watching this one while throwing back a few Sapporos at the Jap restaurant.  Taking my pops out, it's his b-day, too.  Happy bday DPM

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I will be watching this one while throwing back a few Sapporos at the Jap restaurant. 

Great brew!

• babble on
You should order a kamikaze
I will be watching this one while throwing back a few Sapporos at the Jap restaurant.  Taking my pops out, it's his b-day, too.  Happy bday DPM

Offline heeman82

You should order a kamikaze

I'm really just a beer man

Offline PC

The followup to the Ovechkin debacle in Baltimore from the Sun:

Ovechkin wears Cal's No. 8 in appearance at Camden Yards

It was a strange sight at Camden Yards before Friday night’s game against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, as No. 8 was out on the field in a white Orioles jersey, taking cuts in the batting cage and playing catch with shortstop J.J. Hardy.

No, it wasn’t Cal Ripken Jr., the No. 8 who redefined the shortstop position while playing in 2,632 straight games for the Orioles. It was Alex Ovechkin, the dynamic Washington Capitals left winger who has scored 301 goals in six seasons and twice been named the NHL’s most valuable player.

Some fans on Twitter called it “sacrilege” that the Orioles would allow another man to wear Ripken’s number, which was retired in 2001. But Ovechkin simply borrowed it for one evening as he threw out the ceremonial first pitch in advance of Tuesday’s inaugural Baltimore Hockey Classic.

“I don’t want to take his number in baseball. He’s a Hall-of-Famer and he was the best. I’m lucky I got to meet him,” said the Russian superstar, who met Ripken at fundraising event in January. “It’s always so nice when you meet that kind of person and that kind of a star.”

The Capitals, who in recent years have drawn a growing number of Baltimore puck lovers to Washington to rock the red, will host the Nashville Predators in a preseason game Tuesday at 7 p.m. at 1st Mariner Arena. It will be the first professional hockey game played in Baltimore since 1997.

Ovechkin will be the marquee attraction for the Baltimore Hockey Classic, assuming Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau pencils him in the lineup. No NHL player has scored more goals than Ovechkin since he joined the league in 2005, and many have been of the put-that-on-YouTube-immediately variety.

His baseball skills aren’t quite as refined — his first hacks in the cage probably wouldn’t have impressed Ripken — but Ovechkin did hit a couple of balls up the middle during batting practice and he got the first pitch to Hardy (a high one that would have been called ball) in his big moment on the mound before the game.

So when was the last time he threw a baseball?

“It was probably five years ago,” Ovechkin said. “Right now [it feels] different.”

He should be back in his natural element Tuesday, wearing a red No. 8 instead of Orioles’ white.

Shameful Ted Leonsis!  SHAMEFUL!!!

Offline mitlen

The followup to the Ovechkin debacle in Baltimore from the Sun:

Shameful Ted Leonsis!  SHAMEFUL!!!

Hey Ted, why not just let him bat in Pittsburgh?    He can pretend he's Stargell.   Ted's a carpetbagger.

• babble on
 :rofl:

Ted is making inroads on the southern edge of the Flyers fanbase.  This is a good thing. 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Happy Birthday DPM!!!

Offline PANatsFan

Ovie's a cool guy, I like his statement.

Offline mitlen

Ted is making inroads on the southern edge of the Flyers fanbase.  This is a good thing. 

I know you're right but I just hate the thought of sucking up to Baltimore.

Offline PANatsFan

Just like having Harrisburg as a Nats affiliate is a good thing. Also, Baltimore being swallowed up by a haboob would be a good thing.

Online Slateman

BTW after today, when is Strasburg's next start? Are the Nats going to a six man rotation?

Offline mitlen

BTW after today, when is Strasburg's next start? Are the Nats going to a six man rotation?

Post reported the other day that Stras is going on every 6th day now.   If he goes today, my guess is his next start is the 23rd.

Online Slateman

Cool. I'm good with that. Means Peacock gets another couple of starts

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Happy B-day!  Also im told its also Constitution Day!