Author Topic: Probably not gonna be fun this weekend  (Read 2164 times)

natsfan1a

Re: Probably not gonna be fun this weekend
« Reply #25: April 24, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
Good luck. Love the idea of a kid chick flick! :lol:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #26: April 24, 2008, 11:12:08 PM »
You know what's funny/surprising about Enchanted though?  A lot of boys actually really liked it, including mine!

natsfan1a

« Reply #27: April 24, 2008, 11:15:18 PM »
That is funny! I liked it, too.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #28: April 24, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »
I heard that!  Enchanted was supposed to be really good.  Most kids movies are supposed to appeal to both sexes.  They sell more tickets that way.

Maybe one of those barbie movies (they look like a marketing ploy more than anything but they are girly).  Same thing with My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake

Offline kimnat

« Reply #29: April 24, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
It's not really a chick flick, but Andrew won't like it, Care Bears "Oopsy Does It" has been on the girls' "I want to watch it" list.  More of a preschooler, little kid flick.  THat might work!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #30: April 24, 2008, 11:40:49 PM »
What??  Not into Care Bears??  :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #31: April 25, 2008, 01:21:29 AM »
Not as much as (just kidding   :roll:   :rofl:) :

Offline kimnat

« Reply #32: April 25, 2008, 07:57:49 AM »
LOL!!!  I could go to the Christian Bookstore to find a penguin dvd they haven't seen, but then again, I think Andrew would be bummed.  He enjoys watching that w/ the girls!  And yes, that stupid frog is still the most popular critter in the house!  :)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #33: April 25, 2008, 09:04:03 AM »
Just kidding.  Care Bears are OK.  They're sweet.  My tastes in cartoons I guess has changed since the time when I liked that kind of stuff! 

Its not what I like its what the girls like!  Hope you have fun.

Offline Zilla05

« Reply #34: April 25, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
Am watching the Cubs-Rockies game on the dish.   Aramis Ramirez just rocked a 2 run bomb off Manny Corpas and the crowd went absolutely bonkers.   And the game is in Denver.

A preview of how we are going to be outnumbered this weekend?  After all, it is pretty trendy to be a Cubs fan.

I really hate going to our stadium & listening to the fans of the other team hoot & holler (though it is fun when we win & they have to shut up).

There are a TON of Cubs fans in Denver - they were the team of choice before the Rockies arrived, with WGN and their proximity to a ton of midwesterners who moved to Colorado (Iowa, Nebraska and a big chunk of the upper Midwest is still very much Cubs territory).

However, I do expect them to make their presence felt this weekend, unfortunately.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #35: April 26, 2008, 01:22:02 AM »
Well we won tonight!  Its a good start! :icon_mrgreen:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #36: April 26, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »
That was a good start.  Didn't find out until this morning that you guys linked up!  That's boys/men for you!  Yeah, they are really good seats!  We're very happy! Andrew was pretty tired, so they struggled to last to the 7th inning.  The girls helped me campaign, then we went to the diner for pancakes, back home for a little spa time and they fell asleep very quickly!!