Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 96662 times)

Offline thepointe01

Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #2050: January 02, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »
I have never been a gambler, but my fellows educators at the school i work at have gotten me into betting.  played my first fantasy football season, did ok, and last two weeks i've been on the skins or against the giants (except for the last week against the eagles).  i have not lost a bet that whole time, and made some money. bet numbers went up for this game as there are a lot of redskin haters at my school that have supreme confidence in the seahawks. let's do it skins. i got to buy a new car tbh.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #2051: January 02, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »
I won my league. Traded Joe Flacco for Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, and Kyle Rudolph (TE from the Vikes). Cannot believe he did that, but he was pretty desperate for a QB when Mike Vick starting sucking

Offline thepointe01

« Reply #2052: January 02, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »
I won my league. Traded Joe Flacco for Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, and Kyle Rudolph (TE from the Vikes). Cannot believe he did that, but he was pretty desperate for a QB when Mike Vick starting sucking

Wow, that's pretty bad. There must have been a bunch of ppl in your league if he's willing to go that far for a qb whose stats i could probably pick up via free agency if i wanted.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #2053: January 03, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
And since when do we care about ExtremeSkins? It's funny, but no one can read my posts in there. I can quote them and they get a notification, but no one sees them apparently. Meh well.

DC was better than Grossman and Grossman went to the Superb Owl. Methinks there are other issues in the Windy City of Murder

Forget Extremeskins. Was a bottom-feeding bad board even before Dan Snyder bought it.

Look to The Hogs Net.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2054: January 03, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
Forget Extremeskins. Was a bottom-feeding bad board even before Dan Snyder bought it.

Look to The Hogs Net.

I usually go to the warparth.net

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2055: January 03, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
The Redskins are better than Seattle. And we are at home. We should win.

This thoughtful, in-depth analysis is brought to you by . . .

DERP

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #2056: January 03, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
Here's thoughtful (slightly)- we have the better qb (number 2 over all vs number 75- unless you think that was a mistake), the better running game, and probably the better wide receivers now that Garcon is healthy. They have the better defense (no point arguing that), but they've never played against a team that primarily runs the pistol, so hopefully there is a learning curve. They have a good record, but are only 3-5 on the road (none of those three being against playoff teams and two of them against teams who fired their coaches). We're a game behind them in the overall standings, but 5-3 at home (including wins over two playoff teams).

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2057: January 03, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »
Here's thoughtful (slightly)- we have the better qb (number 2 over all vs number 75- unless you think that was a mistake), the better running game, and probably the better wide receivers now that Garcon is healthy. They have the better defense (no point arguing that), but they've never played against a team that primarily runs the pistol, so hopefully there is a learning curve. They have a good record, but are only 3-5 on the road (none of those three being against playoff teams and two of them against teams who fired their coaches). We're a game behind them in the overall standings, but 5-3 at home (including wins over two playoff teams).

I would venture to say that the Seahawks have been running some zone read this season so the defense has seen it in practice. Not at the extent or skill that we run it, but nevertheless, it should be noted. In all honesty, our teams much up well with the lone clear advantage being their D over ours.

Online Slateman

« Reply #2058: January 03, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »

I actually think it may end up being a mistake. Russel Wilson has been great and could run the same offense we have here. And he didn't cost three firsts and a second. Could have had some impressive talent and still had a franchise QB. Just sayin ...

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2059: January 03, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #2060: January 03, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
I think the key matchup will be Morris/RG3 vs. the Seatttle run D. Winner of that will win.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2061: January 03, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
I think the key matchup will be Morris/RG3 vs. the Seatttle run D. Winner of that will win.

Good point but that's only part of the equation. Can't give Seattle the ball and expect to come out victorious. Also, they have to find a way to turn them over. I think a huge key will be the play of Kerrigan and Jackson.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2062: January 03, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
Just watched the game again and while Morris was gashing the cowboys defense the WR's were blocking their asses off. Their blocking was a huge key in the win. :clap:  They have to do it again this Sunday. The OL and the TE's have been doing a great job pulling, sealing and getting to the second level. Tonight I'm going to watch carefully how Oregon runs their pistol option to see if they do some of the same things Shanahan has the Redskins offense doing. The fact that they befuddle DE's by not even blocking them is insane.

On the next to last possession where Griffin got sacked to end the drive Spencer actually swiped at the ball and dislodged it from Griffin but some how Griffin managed to keep the ball close to his body and gathered it back before falling to the ground. Had he not done that the outcome may have been different. There were nothing but cowboy defenders in the vicinity and the fumble would've gone back for a TD.  :shock: Of course the fact that Forbath missed a field goal and that the offense took an entire quarter to get going made the game as close as it was. Had they been on point from the outset the game would've been an absolute blowout.

On Robert Jackson's interception, there is no way Orakpo makes that play. At best Orakpo bats it down or makes the tackle but he does not intercept that pass.

On Morris' last TD to seal the game, after stretching the ball over the goal line and having it knocked out of his hand (albeit too late) Bobby Turner (Redskins RB coach) is heard telling Morris on the sidelines "All season I've taught you not to stretch the ball unless it's 4th down. But hey sometimes you gotta overcome coaching."  :lmao:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2064: January 03, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
At times this season (during the offseason and after the Cleveland game) the media tried to start that QB controversy bullcrap.

They said the same thing about Russell Wilson in the video. But who gives a crap what Rich Eisen has to say. He's a clown.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2066: January 04, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
ESPN NFL.com's Dec 6, 2012 analysis of the Redskins' offense, with pictures and video:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107007/article/robert-griffin-iii-triggers-washington-redskins-pistol-offense

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2067: January 04, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »
NFL Network not ESPN.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2068: January 04, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
Marshawn Lynch splits do not fare well for him, playing on grass at FedEx Field:

SURFACE    ATT   YDS   AVG LNG TD   REC  YDS AVG LNG TD FUM  LST
ON GRASS     99       406    4.1    20       1      8       46     5.8     13    0     3        1
ON TURF     216    1,184    5.5    77     10    15     150  10.0     27    1     2        1

Lynch is probable with back pain.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #2069: January 04, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »
Marshawn Lynch splits do not fare well for him, playing on grass at FedEx Field:

By my count he's played 4 games on grass, against 4 good run defenses that all allowed fewer YPC than the Redskins.  He's a monster, I'm not going to focus my hopes on stopping him.

Online Slateman

« Reply #2070: January 04, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »
Exactly. Redskins fun ride comes to an end with an embarrassing playoff loss at home. Griffin is too injured. Maybe if he were 100% we'd have a chance. But not in his current state. They Seahawks will put 8 or 9 in the box and rely on their outstanding corners to bottle up the Washington receivers. They'll simply assign a spy for RG3 who will play him no matter what on every option play.

Offline PC

« Reply #2071: January 04, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »
The Seahawks season ends on Sunday.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2072: January 04, 2013, 11:09:15 PM »
I would not want to be on 95 this weekend.   I forgot that the Ravens. Are In the. Playoffs too!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #2073: January 05, 2013, 07:54:41 AM »
A familiar face (and voice) from Nationals matchdays - D. C. Washington - will be doing the national anthem at Sunday's match.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2074: January 05, 2013, 08:25:23 AM »
Exactly. Redskins fun ride comes to an end with an embarrassing playoff loss at home. Griffin is too injured. Maybe if he were 100% we'd have a chance. But not in his current state. They Seahawks will put 8 or 9 in the box and rely on their outstanding corners to bottle up the Washington receivers. They'll simply assign a spy for RG3 who will play him no matter what on every option play.

Don't sell the Shanny's short. If we've learned anything over the past 7 or so weeks it's that they know how to make adjustments and schemes. I'm not saying we'll win, but I can't help but believe that we'll be prepared and give them a run for their money. Wonder if we'll see RGIII sans brace?