Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 14689 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #425: July 25, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
I think the only reason H-Rod is still on the roster is because he could be dangled in a trade to a team WAY out of contention that could take the time to develop him.  Mike Rizzo has said he is being patient with H-Rod and points out that he feels he gave up on Joel Hanrahan too early.  Okay, but this team is doing just fine WITHOUT Joel Hanrahan.  Relievers just aren't that important to wait on them and be patient them when you are in a pennant race and they are putting you in situations where you could lose games you absolutely shouldn't.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #426: July 25, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
S ore is 5-2

Play was 5-3

Online KV

• Believe!
« Reply #427: July 25, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
Lombo's swing reminds me of a cricket batter sometimes.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #428: July 25, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
G-3 OR U -3 SAME SCORING

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #429: July 25, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
4-3 play

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #430: July 25, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »
The problem is, he hasn't deserved to have a career. it's not falling apart, because it never existed. There are talented players that either don't get the chances or suffer an injury. I feel sorry for those guys. Henry is not a pitcher. He's just a guy that throws a ball hard and has been given opportunities he never should have been given and along the way made a lot of money.

To me, referring to HRod as a pitcher is like calling someone who hits a piano with a sledge hammer a talented musician. He stinks as a pitcher. It isn't just his mechanics or mental ability, he can't field the position and doesn't understand his responsibilities on the field.

i'm not saying i disagree, but any personal attacks on Henry are misplaced, this is on Rizzo, Henry doesn't go out there to screw up on purpose, he actually looks scared.

Any money he was given, the organization, and previous organizations have offered him and that is there decision, he has been an epic failure and it is time to part ways.

I just merely stated i feel sorry for him as a human being, it seems like Rick Ankiel he is unable to throw a strike and must go.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #431: July 25, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
The problem is, he hasn't deserved to have a career. it's not falling apart, because it never existed. There are talented players that either don't get the chances or suffer an injury. I feel sorry for those guys. Henry is not a pitcher. He's just a guy that throws a ball hard and has been given opportunities he never should have been given and along the way made a lot of money.

To me, referring to HRod as a pitcher is like calling someone who hits a piano with a sledge hammer a talented musician. He stinks as a pitcher. It isn't just his mechanics or mental ability, he can't field the position and doesn't understand his responsibilities on the field.

As always , SSB comes up with a reasoned and balanced analysis. Me on the other other hand wants to hire Guido.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #432: July 25, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
Brewers down 5-1 to the Phillies. They are epic terrible. They are throwing their good pitchers against us this weekend (Gallardo, Fiers, Greinke, Wolf) but we still have to win 3/4.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #433: July 25, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
Tommy Hanson gave up 7 walks, 7 SB's, and struck out 7 and is in line for the win. The last pitcher to do that? Bob Feller on Sept 13, 1936.

Absurdly lucky.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #434: July 25, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
Brewers down 5-1 to the Phillies. They are epic terrible. They are throwing their good pitchers against us this weekend (Gallardo, Fiers, Greinke, Wolf) but we still have to win 3/4.

No guarantee Greinke actually pitches that game.  He could be gone before the deadline.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #435: July 25, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
OK NATS LETS GET EM OUT!

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE
NOW PITCHING FOR THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS
TY-LER CLIP-PARD!

LETS GO TYLER!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #436: July 25, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
Davey put this game in doubt by putting Henry Rodriguez in this game.  I watch a lot of mlb.tv and I don't believe I've seen a pitcher who is less capable of throwing a strike than Henry Rodriguez.  Daniel Bard, maybe.

The shame of it is if you have a guy in the pen you can't pitch in the 8th with a 4 run lead, he is completely useless. It burns other arms unnecessarily if you have dead wood like that you don't use. And if you can't use him then, you really can't ever use him. Which is the whole point. Davey is stuck with a guy who simply should not have a job in the big leagues, period. That's a big issue with the organization putting the guys in the clubhouse in a position of defending a guy they all know is a joke and puts every game in jeopardy. Hell, the other night when were up 8-2 in the 10th and they were warming up Henry, I got nervous knowing that if he was brought in the game would be made interesting if not screwed completely. That's ridiculous. A five run lead in baseball is something like a 98% certain win. Blowing that type of lead late in a game just shouldn't happen. Henry changes that equation dramatically. It's pathetic.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #437: July 25, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
Ike Davis up.

Offline PC

« Reply #438: July 25, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
There's no chance Greinke pitches against us.  He'll be long gone by then.  And Wolf stinks.

Offline loshjott

« Reply #439: July 25, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
Maybe they are putting him out there partly to audition him for trade bait. But that's backfiring badly because he just doesn't cut it anymore. I can't see him lasting much longer on the roster.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #440: July 25, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
0-2. STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE!

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #441: July 25, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
i'm not saying i disagree, but any personal attacks on Henry are misplaced, this is on Rizzo, Henry doesn't go out there to screw up on purpose, he actually looks scared.

Any money he was given, the organization, and previous organizations have offered him and that is there decision, he has been an epic failure and it is time to part ways.

I just merely stated i feel sorry for him as a human being, it seems like Rick Ankiel he is unable to throw a strike and must go.

He needs to be DFA'd. The guy just can't pitch. Everytime BB-ROD takes the mound, I know for a fact that our chances of blowing the game triple.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #442: July 25, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »
Thomas Boswell ‏@ThomasBoswellWP
"Earl,why do u keep using this bum in crucial spots?" Weaver: "I'll keep on 'til the GM gets so sick of him that he gets me somebody better"

:lmao:

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #443: July 25, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »
Davis has been Clipped!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #444: July 25, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »
K!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #445: July 25, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »
Nice heater, out #1 :clap:

Offline Ed Stroud

« Reply #446: July 25, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »
OK NATS LETS GET EM OUT!

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE
NOW PITCHING FOR THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS
TY-LER CLIP-PARD!

LETS GO TYLER!

not a bad start

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #447: July 25, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Rick Ankiel had talent as a pitcher.

HRod throws hard. Big difference.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #448: July 25, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

Understood. Not to borrow too much from Godfather speak, but this is not personal, just business. Professional ballplayers, particularly major league players, are supposed to possess actual baseball talent. Henry is in a similar category as Daniel Cabrera in that regard. Just a guy who shouldn't be there. While I don't feel sorry for him, I will say it isn't fair to him. They are trying to make him something he is not. It reminds me of the Manute Bol experiment. Being tall doesn't make a guy a basketball player. Throwing a ball fast doesn't make a pitcher.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #449: July 25, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
Come on Clip.